PDA

View Full Version : Old school video games....

DyNasty9
02-01-2006, 06:56 PM
so i was listening to this song i had on itunes and it reminded me of this old video game i have, and havent played in like 5 years. the game was Waverace. what games did you guys like to play on old school systems?:D

marvin-martian
02-01-2006, 06:59 PM
echo the dolphin FTW

This forum requires that you wait 45 seconds between posts. Please try again in 7 seconds

first time getting owned by the server...

DyNasty9
02-01-2006, 07:01 PM
echo the dolphin FTW

This forum requires that you wait 45 seconds between posts. Please try again in 7 seconds

first time getting owned by the server...

haha was that the dolphins name in the game?? i forgot. i remember trying to catch that stupid dolphin and hearing like rumers that if you touched it you got to ride it or something.:p

marvin-martian
02-01-2006, 07:04 PM
no, echo the dolphin was a genesis game where you were a dolphin and had to guide it home or something. it was like an adventure/puzzle game i guess. i played that game way too much...

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/2981/5633238st.jpg

xNinja-Dolphinx
02-01-2006, 07:16 PM
me and my friends rocked some 007 goldeneye and Super Smash Bros. on an N64 a couple weekends ago

DyNasty9
02-01-2006, 07:20 PM
lol o never played the dolphin game. but smash bros. i played like everyday when i used to go over my friends house over the summer. we were soooo good at that game by the end of the summer. thats another great old game.

QAZ123
02-01-2006, 07:21 PM
Contra
Double Dragon
Every single Mega Man game on NES and SNES
Mike Tyson's punchout
Zelda A link to the past
Bionic commando

Heck I got a bunch of these again just last week and been playin them like crazy lately!

Betcha'll can't guess my avvy!!

JB.

ricochet08
02-01-2006, 07:22 PM
yea super smash bros. was the ish

i remember when i couldn't stop playing sonic on sega :p

same goes for super mario

Moe
02-01-2006, 07:34 PM
I play super and nintendo 64. I really like zelda for both systems. I also play alot of goldeneye for 64.

ricochet08
02-01-2006, 07:56 PM
cant believe i 4got about zelda :(

me and a few of my friends played goldeneye all summer, and made a few bets :) i came out empty handed :(

Muddytaco
02-01-2006, 08:00 PM
Contra
Double Dragon
Mike Tyson's punchout
Zelda A link to the past
Bionic commando

Heck I got a bunch of these again just last week and been playin them like crazy lately!

JB.

contra is possibly the greatest game of all time. I also used to play the heck out of gunsmoke for nes. how about american gladiators for nes also?

DFSniper
02-02-2006, 07:12 AM
Golden Axe for Sega Genesis 16-bit
Donkey Kong 64
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
Armored Core
Gauntlet Legends
Super Metroid
Sonic and Knuckles
Road Rash

covert24
02-02-2006, 07:20 AM
Oh yeaaaa.

Contra (is awesome)
Duck hunter(with the IR guns)(amazing game)
zelda was alright
mario 64 (beat it twice)
aero fighters assault
Duke Nuekam Time To kill
Tome Raider (all the versions)
Sonic ALL
THPS ALL
HOLY **** ARMORED CORE DF I LOVE U
HOLY **** ROAD RASH DF I LOVE U EVEN MORE

and some other game dammit i cant rememebr it. its the one where ur on this futuristic motorcycle and u can pick up like power ups and shoot the at ppl. please someone help me out on this. it was for N64

BallerX
02-02-2006, 07:28 AM
Contra
Double Dragon
Mike Tyson's punchout
Zelda A link to the past
Bionic commando

JB.

This man knows his games. Old school for the win!! Best SNES game though: ShadowRun. Badass cyber/punk game. I've yet to play a game since that had the same experience or engaging storyline. I loved it!!

Oh, and the avvy is bionic commando.

colonel_moo
02-02-2006, 11:52 AM
i play n64 all the time. the best game is WCW wrestling, just because its so funny/fun to play (and i hate wrestling). another fun game is Rush 2 (on stunt mode).

now that i think of it, n64 is REALLY old... i never thought of it being that old before. i remember getting it when i was in second grade, cause i was bragging to all my friends (it had JUST come out), now im in 11th.

DyNasty9
02-02-2006, 12:24 PM
i got my N64 for my like 7th bday and i got mario 64 with it..........i still havent beat it. like on on the last bowser guy and my friend came over and beat it but then it froze and we had to restart it.so i never beat it. im kinda sad about that, i think ill go try and beat it sometime.
another great game was mariokart64, i love that game, still play it sometimes.

WhatThaSmurf
02-02-2006, 01:55 PM
i actually still have and play these games:
007 Goldeneye (N64)
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (N64)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
Twisted Metal 3 (PS)
Jet Moto (PS)
Crash Team Racing (PS)
Super Contra (SNES)
all the Marios, including Lost Levels and Mario/Duck Hunt w/gun
Super Metroid (SNES)
Sonic the Hedghog 2 (Game Gear)
all Mario Gameboy games
Tetris (Gameboy)

there's more, i just can't thik of them and i don't want to get up

i also have a huge box of games many people haven't even heard of, because they suck. there's a few hundred for almost any system

DFSniper
02-03-2006, 01:42 AM
dude, shadows of the empire is hard! i cant get past IG88! my brother beat him once, now he's stuck on the next level. and how could i forget Goldeneye!?!?!

QAZ123
02-03-2006, 05:29 AM
I can't even beat Jaws for NES right now! I get to the very end where you got to spear him and I can never do it! I give up!

JB.

Eaglelox
02-03-2006, 06:38 AM
i realy liked indiana jones on atari, a while back:p

rowdyroper2003
02-03-2006, 08:32 AM
i can't believe no one has said any of the Mario Karts...more specifially, the original SNES, and MK64...

and anyone remember

http://www.ataspages.net/computers/machine/machines/nintendo163.JPG
http://www.gamersgraveyard.com/repository/snes/peripherals/images/super_scope.jpg
??

That thing was a beast...the kids across the street from me had it, i was always kinda jealous...:(

also, what about these?
http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lbox/911066b.jpg

http://chameleonsden.com/products/super_nintendo/images/fullsize/super_nintendo_tecmo_super_bowl.jpg

we have tecmo super bowl tournaments everynow and then...one of the guys that i work with has almost all the SNES games, and quite a few Genesis games burned onto his xbox...he also burns all the games he rents from Gamefly onto his hard drive, which has been upgraded...

i tend to get beaten at TSB cause i never get the cowboys...but on Tecmo Bowl, it is all about "Da' Bears"! i beat that game on Gameboy so many times with them, its not even funny

QAZ123
02-03-2006, 08:41 AM
I play nes tecmo bowl everyday on my computer! One of the best games ever!

JB.

Muddytaco
02-03-2006, 10:10 AM
I used to play tecmo bowl all the time for NES when i was little. I would be the 49ers and run a sweep to the right on every play and picked up atleast 20 yards everytime:D

Muddytaco
02-03-2006, 10:46 AM
I took pics of my old nes stuff:p

System, looks pretty good for being 21 years old. We got it in 1985 when i was 1 years old:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/muddytaco/P2030042-small.jpg

All my games:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/muddytaco/P2030040-small.jpg

I still have dust covers for all the games to:butwiggle: :
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/muddytaco/P2030041-small.jpg

And now the one thing i bet nobody else here has.....

The powerpad w/ track and field game:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/muddytaco/P2030038-small.jpg

If you don't know how it works you basicly have one player stand on #'s 1&2 and the other player stand on #'s 3&4 and you run in place to make your player move on the screen. You could do all different lengths of runs plus you could do the long jump, triple jump and hurdles were you had to jump up in the air to make you player jump.:)

QAZ123
02-03-2006, 11:55 AM
Yeah I wanted a powerpad so bad but my parent's wouldn't get it for me!

JB.

gailon24
02-03-2006, 12:02 PM
Tecmo bowl was really fun. But one of my favorites was the rare Super Tecmo Bowl. Now, don't confuse this with Tecmo Super Bowl. The one i'm talkign about was the followup to Tecmo Bowl and was for the regular NES.

Oh also some micro machines game for NES i loved but I haven't been able to find it again. I dont' even know what it was called =(

gailon24
02-03-2006, 12:04 PM
Actually looking closely at the pic...it looks like muddytaco has the NES version i'm talking about =)

Also there were some weird powerpad games. I remember an aerobics game that my mom bought and some sandwich hamburger making game my little brother got.

spyderimagine01
02-04-2006, 06:21 PM
Although the Dreamcast isn't THAT old, all the sonic games on that were the shizz. I remember being sooooo obsessed with those games. And Tetris for the Dreamcast

PandaTruenoGTS
02-04-2006, 06:46 PM
How bout some oldies that arent listed.. a few I liked..

Dragon Warrior (my favorite NES)
Russian Attack
Kung-Fu
Mario Brothers Classic
The Adams Family

Secret of Mana (my favorite SNES)
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Super Mario RPG
Test Drive
Mario Kart

and what about old school pc games? here's my all time favorites:

Command and Conquer: Red Alert
Duke Nukem 3D
Rise of the Triad
Doom
Wolfenstien
KKND

taurinic
02-04-2006, 08:01 PM
seeing that first nintendo brings back childhood memories. Super Mario 3 is my favorite when i'm around 10. Goldeneye 007 is my next favorite and then Cruisin World for Nintendo 64.

i bought at least 3 types of gameboys with pokemon games and whatnot...

colonel_moo
02-05-2006, 04:42 PM
i dont think any of you can beat this:

http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/imageserver.x/00000000/antisus/sPIC00002_001.JPG
Atari 5200
(that isnt a picture of mine, i just found that on the internet, cuz im too lazy to get pics).

i just dug mine out of the garage, because this thread reminded me of it. made in 1985, it still works! it took me a little while to figure out how to hook it up, but its working.

the games i have are:
pac man
centipede
missile command
football, pole position
river raid, baseball
super breakout

pretty much all the classics. these games are actually really hard!

QAZ123
02-05-2006, 08:05 PM
I've got a Coleco Vision boxed up somewhere just have no clue where though!

JB.

JDubalo7
02-05-2006, 08:14 PM
dude, shadows of the empire is hard! i cant get past IG88! my brother beat him once, now he's stuck on the next level. and how could i forget Goldeneye!?!?!

shadows of the empire is a hard game IG88 isnt that hard to beat, boba fett is the hardest. i own all the starwaers games for N64. i was a hardcore starwars fan.
and goldeneye is probally the best game that ever came out for N64, and have any of you ever see the little island on the first level and is it possable to get to it?

rowdyroper2003
02-06-2006, 06:13 AM
my cousin had a power pad, and that track and field game...

they had some stupid names in that game...i remember a guy by the name of bear, and maybe a snake??

my sister and cousin always tried to cheat at the jumps by jumping off the power pad, waiting, then jumping back on...i never got it to jump any farther like that...

DFSniper
02-06-2006, 10:46 AM
no one mentioned the Gamegear...

WhatThaSmurf
02-08-2006, 05:16 PM
no one mentioned the Gamegear...
I did.