PDA

View Full Version : Looky what I just found !!!

druid
07-11-2007, 12:27 PM
HAH!! Looky what I just found, packed away in the basement?!?!? Add teh OS hawtness to the dead sexxxxxxxxyness!!!

The Pic that has the yellow circle: You can't see the words but it's right there..."JT Racing 1985".

The original foam ears are completely intact, none of the rivets are rusted (don't know how THAT happened though :huh: :dry: ) and the strap is still stretchy and in great condition!!

Has the original single lense but I'll be getting a new thermal for it for the Normandy game. MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/JTWhippersnapper007.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/JTWhippersnapper004.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/JTWhippersnapper003.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/JTWhippersnapper002.jpg

Paradox313
07-11-2007, 12:40 PM
Cool.
If only you had the strap:(

HelpDeskHustler
07-11-2007, 12:44 PM
i should have known druid was the poster from the word "looky"

That mask is OG

CHAOSFTW
07-11-2007, 01:06 PM
i dont get it. enlighten me if youd like?

Ace24
07-11-2007, 02:49 PM
That's sick! Usually you'd find them nowdays with the soft ear's part removed and/or rotted away. Now thats a peice of history haha.

druid
07-12-2007, 01:28 AM
Cool.
If only you had the strap:(

NOW what I NEED is a (cheap) Celtic strap!!

i should have known druid was the poster from the word "looky"

That mask is OG

yeppers :D . Finding that mask has brought back sooooooo many good memories...

i dont get it. enlighten me if youd like?

Oh man....:headbrick: ...lol.....that was my first mask...from 1986. It's got the ABSOLUTE BEST qualities for tucking your head tight, air flow is way less restrictive and less vapor gets on the lense (fogging)...it's just an awesome mask that's older than most peeps on all the forums.

That's sick! Usually you'd find them nowdays with the soft ear's part removed and/or rotted away. Now thats a peice of history haha.

Exactly! This one's in about 99.5% condition too! The goggle foam is good, the ears are perfect, the rivets are not rusted AT ALL and the strap is still stretchy and NOT faded!

Apparently, when I packed it away the many moons ago, I must have subconsciously known I'd forget about it and packed it in a tupperware food tub but wrapped it an old bath towel. I was down in mom's basement looking through some stuff and that tub was tucked away in an old metal, 'pedal-opening' trash can with a lid. When I moved some boxes, the can fell over and the lid popped open and the tub rolled out. Naturally, I had to open the tub...MAN...was I suprised!

newkid
07-12-2007, 04:13 AM
nice!, so it was kinda like finding money in a coat that you havent worn in 6months

druid
07-12-2007, 11:57 AM
pretty much...but it's more like finding Old Minted Coins from the 1800's in your coat :D ...

I love this mask and I'm wearing it at Normandy!

CHAOSFTW
07-12-2007, 12:40 PM
i thought i heard you found a gun with it if so pics please.

HelpDeskHustler
07-12-2007, 02:53 PM
so.... no OG strap? just the black one?

Nenkitsune
07-12-2007, 03:42 PM
Dude, that's wicked awesome. so, is it gonna be your main mask now? lol

vwjimmy
07-12-2007, 04:10 PM
Awesome!!!!
I remember the loaners I used back then.....nothing as nice as that! :)

druid
07-12-2007, 09:35 PM
i thought i heard you found a gun with it if so pics please.
Nope...sold the marker to a buddy :( ...I remember that.

so.... no OG strap? just the black one?

:( ...nope. That's the strap that came with it though...

Dude, that's wicked awesome. so, is it gonna be your main mask now? lol
Yep :D ....but I'm trying to decide if I want to paint it digital to match my Kilt or not...

Awesome!!!!
I remember the loaners I used back then.....nothing as nice as that! :)

Lol...thanks

Nenkitsune
07-12-2007, 10:33 PM
nah, it's a peice of history, keep it as it is and show it off in it's original glory!

Sandman_Bravo
07-12-2007, 11:58 PM
I bet it's worth money; E-bay baby!

HelpDeskHustler
07-13-2007, 05:12 AM
I bet it's worth money; E-bay baby!
eh... no1 really wants the mask portion anymore... everyone is interested in the straps.