PDA

View Full Version : mr2 or tippmann a-5

dacuban1
07-11-2007, 01:06 PM
ok im a spyder fan, have many of there markers. i know this is a spyder forum so the a-5 might get dawged out. ive shot the a-5 and seen the mr2 shoot. my question is which one should i get. this is breaking my head, i really need your help here. feed me with info. i read reviews on the a-5 at pbreviews but none for the m-series. go ahead let the info out. sell me on something. thanx in advance:D

wylde01
07-11-2007, 02:07 PM
well for starters if i was going to get a tippmann i would get the x-7 over the a-5. the x-7 is way more customizable. but i would have to say get the mr2. you say you have owned alot of spyders, which means that you already know the lay out of the gun.

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=8340

this thread says alot also. it says that there are alot of upgrades that you can do to your mr2, although you will need a good forcefed hopper for the mr2 which you wont need for the tippy. with both guns there have been problems but you just have to get the gun you feel is good for you. i would suggest going to your local field or store and holding them both.

chnk
07-11-2007, 03:09 PM
the tipman a-5 stock aint really anything special, the mr2 stock at least has full auto

Reaper
07-11-2007, 06:20 PM
I'm going to have to go with the flow here and chime in. I own an A5 and despite the fact that I haven't gotten my hands on an MR2, I'm going to have to go with the MR2. At least if you're going for performance. You get an electronic trigger frame,which is a 100 dollar upgrade for an A5 and a stock.

Kenny_McCormic
07-11-2007, 07:08 PM
The A-5 is also a gas hog they get half the shot count of a spyder

chnk
07-12-2007, 12:34 AM
the a-5 is great if you can afford to upgrade it

Ozlo23
07-12-2007, 06:03 AM
i used both the a5 and the mr-2 while helping out at the proshop in town - i personally like the build of the a-5 more cause its smaller and the weight is more balanced - but as everyone else says go with the MR-2 because it has E-trig frame, long lasting performance, more shots on your gas, and plenty of upgrades for the hardcore scenario player

go with the mr-2 dude

Dimitrio
10-29-2007, 01:09 PM
I was deciding just like you, and I'd used the A5 many times, and the MR2 alot aswell. But I went with the MR2. It does have the E Frame, plus the stock, and its got much more performance value than the A5. The A5 is definately a little more customizable, but the MR2 also has upgrade ability.

chnk
10-29-2007, 02:45 PM
the mr2 is better off stock unless you want to spend extra$$$ you won't have the performance of a mr2, but remenber, the mr2 is a more of a speedball gun

SpyderMan723
11-11-2007, 12:30 PM
the mr2 is better off stock unless you want to spend extra$$$ you won't have the performance of a mr2, but remenber, the mr2 is a more of a speedball gun

Not really, I've never seen anyone play speedball with the MR2. Its just a woodsball gun. I mean you could use it for speedball, but why would you want to, why not buy an ion or something

slim and shady
11-11-2007, 01:42 PM
I belive internally the MR2 is more speedball ina woodsball shell, or designe. Many people I have talked to who use the Mr2 do use it for speedball. mostly after they put a little more into it for low pressure though. but i personaly think it would be a competeter(sp) in that particular style of paintball.

nastystankweed
11-12-2007, 05:43 PM
i use it for airball, its great i play against angels and egos and still hold my own, i wish it had eyes though but it still gets the job done. defenetly mr2 over a5.

DFSniper
11-13-2007, 07:26 AM
ive shot an a5, and my friends dad had one. the one real flaw in the design was the hopper. because it uses really small hoses and fittings that run to the hopper, if the hose leaks, your hopper is screwed. another reason i'd get an mr2 is because you dont have to add an eframe, and im not sure if they make anti-chop bolts for the a5.

chnk
11-13-2007, 11:04 AM
Not really, I've never seen anyone play speedball with the MR2. Its just a woodsball gun. I mean you could use it for speedball, but why would you want to, why not buy an ion or something

i have a quest and a pmr, i bring out the mr2 for stfu purposes

interceptorMR2
11-13-2007, 04:18 PM
yeah like he said, mr2 does a good job at shutting up guys. specially those who have semi automatic guns. i suggest you get the mr2, the a-5 is a great marker dont get me wrong, but the e frame is far too expensive. the a-5 is durable and all that, but the mr2 is very durable and is automatic, and very accurate. i suggest if you are going to buy the mr2, buy it from a site like www.xtremez.com because i bought mine there for about 170 bucks.

http://www.xtremez.com/paintball/product_information.asp?number=GNKMR2

there it is, brand new, cheaper than the a-5 with the e frame. plus, the bps is faster on a mr2 (25 bps in semi) in semi than the a-5 is. i dont know about full auto, but a-5 claims to shoot 15 in full auto, but semi seems to be so much for fun if you ask me....