PDA

View Full Version : 3D project need third party opinion.

Taillo
07-10-2007, 01:14 PM
Hi, im currently working on my 3D portfolio, and i have reached a point in my project where im stuck because i already saw it too much and details are vanishing from my point of view. So if you see something wrong something that need improvement, please tell me. You are my artistic director today.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/taillo/Maya_Scorpius_Farscape2.jpg

This is the model ive been trying to make, note the facial expression is neutral on my model, for animation rigging purpose.
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/taillo/Scorpius_model.jpg

Thanks

(This was done with Maya 8.5, using the Maya software renderer )

Critical
07-10-2007, 01:46 PM
Scorpious rocks! Or, is that Harvey? It's so hard to tell. A couple things that pop out at me:

hard ridges at the temples that the crows feet blend into
cheekbone has ridge that points down towards the mouth
mouth slightly narrower, there should be a gap between his lips and the mask
he looks worried, Scorpious always looked pissed, not worried

Taillo
07-10-2007, 02:03 PM
hard ridges at the temples that the crows feet blend into

Specify: need to blend more or should not blend, and blend to what
Are you speaking about the ridges that extend from the mask, that should be more visible?

cheekbone has ridge that points down towards the mouth

First thing ill do.

mouth slightly narrower, there should be a gap between his lips and the mask
he looks worried, Scorpious always looked pissed, not worried

This is for animation purpose, before i add bones to make the whole thing move, i have to build it neutral. Bones will then control facial animation. Scorpius often have his mouth reaching the mask, and with the bones i will be able to control it, depending on the facial expression i will use.

Thanks for the feedback, it gave me a couple of hours of work...

STRIKEFIRST
07-10-2007, 02:04 PM
Skin tones that blend darker in to the wrinkles on the face.

Critical
07-10-2007, 02:11 PM
Specify: need to blend more or should not blend, and blend to what

Right at the upper side seam of the mask, there are what looks like hard bone ridges that come out from the mask and down towards his temple and his eye. It has darker skin tone inside each of the "webs" of these ridges. I'm not saying you need to blend anything, just enhance those little bony ridges at the temples.

Taillo
07-10-2007, 02:15 PM
Thanks, i got it.

Darkh2o
07-10-2007, 02:40 PM
It could be the angle, but it looks like the mouth is too long (from corner to corner).

HelpDeskHustler
07-11-2007, 04:21 AM
ya... the mouth looks too much of a frown, and long. up the sides and bring it closer to the middle.