PDA

View Full Version : Cocking Pin-bolt

paintkid12
07-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Hey i just got a spyder pilot acs brand new.I think it works great but when i went to play at my local field the pin would fly off and hit my mask. I got the bolt replaced is there a way to prevenet this from happening to my new bolt.As well when i was playing the acs bolt would hit a paintball and come back but the cocking pin part would stay forward.my understanding is the acs bolt recocks its self because of the spring inside.

Any help on either of these problems would be much appreciated

Critical
07-10-2007, 12:59 PM
The pin flying off is a common problem with Pilots, look around this section and you'll find a number of solutions. When I had my Pilot, when the ACS would prevent a chop, the marker would uncock, and I would have to manually recock to keep shooting.

Krypt Keeper
07-11-2007, 07:34 AM
Get a Alamo City rear cocking bolt for your gun. (better bolt and no cocking pin)

Or you can do like I did and remove the cocking pin, take out the screw in the back and install a nylon screw with some blue locktite to make it a rear cocking bolt.

Lowes had the screws 2 for $.60

I am using the nylon screws in the back of mine till I ever get around to ordering another bolt.

paintkid12
07-11-2007, 10:13 AM
k thanks guys

Kenny_McCormic
07-11-2007, 11:24 AM
the ACS bolt will recock if you break it in by compressing the spring a couple thousand times.

paintkid12
07-11-2007, 01:48 PM
wats the best way to break in the bolt just shooting it maybe

pb34
07-11-2007, 02:55 PM
You could take the bolt out of the gun and compress the spring about 1000 times while watching tv or something.

paintballkid0206
07-11-2007, 04:16 PM
i have a pilot, and that has never happened to me. just when the ACS kicks in and stops a break, i have to recock the bolt.

Kohong
07-13-2007, 02:37 PM
I have a Pilot and encountered the same problem with the top cocking knob flying off. I called Kingman and their tech said that during the first couple manufacturing runs of the pilot they made the top cocking knob too hard to pull out...so they changed this...and the top cocking knob started flying off. So he proposed the best solution I've ever heard which completely solved my top cocking knob issues. Take out the cocking knob and just give the end of it a tap or two with a hammer. Be sure you hit the side that goes into the ACS bolt. This makes the flange flare out a bit and it becomes very well seated inside the bolt. I have mine so that I required pliers to pull it out. This ensures that I never loose it.

Regards to the ACS bolt chopping...be patient with your Pilot, after about 2000-3000 paintballs the bolt will break in. I thought this was a joke at first because I would read reviews of people saying it "NEVER" chops yet I would chop paintballs every once in a while and it would even uncock itself.

But now, after year of use and probably 5,000-7,000 paintballs later the bolt NEVER, EVER chops paint....old paint, new paint, soft paint, hard...I've never been able to get it to chop the paint. Also it uncocks alot less often now. The gun is now able to recock itself even when it detects a ball halfway in the chamber and the ACS starts working.

The gun will get better over time and use!

paintkid12
07-14-2007, 12:40 PM
I think i put a bout 1500-2000 though it yesterday playing speed ball and it still decocks but the bolt had to have pliers to get out

Thanks for the help everybody

paintkid12
07-14-2007, 12:42 PM
srry the pin needed pliers

Nuwwave
07-24-2007, 05:12 PM
OK, lost the pin a couple of times... and for good. Tried to remove the screw in the back and stripped the hell out it. I had a perfect screwdriver and applied penty of pressure. The screw gave out and stripped. I would be fine making it a rear-cock, but can't get the screw out. Any Ideas??? Also can't get the set screw that holds the hammer shaft (to remove the ACS portion of the bolt) out either!!!