PDA

View Full Version : E-MR-1 vs. MR-2 and why.

DARK_KIDO
07-10-2007, 09:35 AM
I want to get a new gun [this will be my second.] I want an MR becuase they can be speedball,woodsball, and pistol guns. Now the E MR-1 is 139.99 USD, and the MR-2 is 169.99 USD. The MR-1 is lighter and smaller, but the MR-2 has a closed bolt. If I got the MR-1 I could get a new hopper, barrel, and case. If I got the MR-1 I would only be able to get a case.

Which should I get? Sights are a problem to me becuase you can mount a scope on the MR-1 just not as easily as the MR-2.

What should I get?

Ace24
07-10-2007, 10:35 AM
Personally I like the MR2 better for three reasons.

One, it's got the closed bolt.
Two, it has a great sized rail.
Three, it looks nicer.

You'll have to get an MR3 rail for the MR1 in order to mount a sight that you can actually use. The MR2 has more possibliities.

I've done alot with my MR1... and I got it because it was mechanical. Personally I think the E-MR1 is a waste of money when for $30 more you can get a much easiler expandable MR.

Just my two cents.

wylde01
07-10-2007, 11:25 AM
:yeahthat:

pretty much what i was going to say.

lemonchill4me
07-10-2007, 11:48 AM
I luv my MR2... besides the E-mr1 is only rated for 13 bps, for $30 more you can rip @ 25..., seems self explanitory 2 me...

http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w3/lemonchill4me/?action=view&current=gun4.jpg

http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w3/lemonchill4me/?action=view&current=tankforward.jpg

Ozlo23
07-10-2007, 01:20 PM
its not even a speed thing for me, its alot more accurate and ive always used emarkers before mechanics (even though i have both) - if you like to spray on the frontlines or snipe in the back its perfect for you if your lookin at the MR series

Nuwisha
07-11-2007, 06:05 AM
If the e-mr-1 comes with the Mr1 bolt and not the acs bolt, then i'd go for the Mr1 over the Mr2, out of the box it'll be a better marker. The aluminum bolt in the mr1 is far superior to the acs in the Mr2.

Then again there is the question of what you want to do to the maker down the road....People say you can't do much with the mr1 because of the smaller rail. My one freind got a scope that has a riser mount on it and another got a rear cocking bolt from alamo city and then put a different riser rail and scope on his.

As for ripping an Mr2 at 25bps, if you can do it good for you, but the auto feature on both is most likely the same. The Mr2 shoots at 12/13 bps on auto. The eMr1 is most likely the same (but I don't know for sure). In either case 15bps is typically the cap for any tournament.

bigdogtim7
08-27-2007, 08:42 AM
I have 3 of the MR-1's ony due to price ($89) and clean up. I did find a cheap way to mount my weaver site on top of existing Rail and it has a see thru if you do not want to use Scope. It is a hack job, but works.
-
I do not have a MR-2, so I can't comment on that. I do not know what an E MR-1 is unless it's the new model. The price does look high.

Just my preference,
Bigdogtim7

chnk
08-27-2007, 02:21 PM
I luv my MR2... besides the E-mr1 is only rated for 13 bps, for $30 more you can rip @ 25..., seems self explanitory 2 me...

http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w3/lemonchill4me/?action=view&current=gun4.jpg

http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w3/lemonchill4me/?action=view&current=tankforward.jpg

dude you know the vs barrels fit inside the shroud right?

as for the debate mr1<emr1<mr2

the mr2 is just a better marker out of the box, as for the proces, check ebay, mr1s go for like $50-$80, mr2s go for $80-$120,

both are great markers, i never used the emr1 before or even held it so i cant comment on it. but i had an mr1 with a camd frame on it, and it kicked ass, except the aluminium bolt was chopping up all my balls, i was using a revvy, so i sold both the mr1 and revvy, along with all my co2 tanks, and bought a mr2 with a carbonfiber hpa tank for $150, then i went and bought a halo for $60, and ive been pretty happy ever since

the mr1 is a pretty good marker to build upon, but the mr2 does have more possiblilties and looks better,

Taillo
08-27-2007, 02:35 PM
Im about to write a thread extra-illustrated and detailed on how to scope the mr1. I see too many different answers and too many paintballers who go on another gun because the rail is too small. In the meanwhile, dont let the scope thing discourage you on buying the mr1 or emr1.

A scope is a upgrade, choosing the offset that fits is only another upgrade.

I am not writting this to make you buy a Emr1, i just think if you want to go electro take the mr2, Not the Emr1.

But if the price is your concern take an mr1 and wait till you have more cash to personalize it. You can upgrade it with a Etrigger later..