PDA

View Full Version : Actionvillage Buy a Rail add a UL frmae for $25

STRIKEFIRST
07-10-2007, 07:38 AM
Thought some of you could use this!

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=a6_vpG1DX87v7ivQzDkvDGeK47tHbLQJI-c=?ProductID=dAvAqArbXAAAAAEP9dRukuPQ

Gun / Frame Combo: Purchase Any Selected Proto Rail Paintball Marker and Add a Dye Ultralite Proto Rail Trigger Frame For Only $25.00, A Savings of $174.95!

Kind of pissed I don't have the cash for one.

ttam13xlpb
07-10-2007, 07:51 AM
Thought some of you could use this!

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=a6_vpG1DX87v7ivQzDkvDGeK47tHbLQJI-c=?ProductID=dAvAqArbXAAAAAEP9dRukuPQ

Gun / Frame Combo: Purchase Any Selected Proto Rail Paintball Marker and Add a Dye Ultralite Proto Rail Trigger Frame For Only $25.00, A Savings of $174.95!

Kind of pissed I don't have the cash for one.
kind of pissed they didnt have this a couple months ago:)

vikingshadow
07-10-2007, 07:54 AM
Amen to that!

HelpDeskHustler
07-10-2007, 08:57 AM
wow. thats really lame for me. how much can action village drop the value of my pmr. first the color kit droped it by 50, then this...

ttam13xlpb
07-10-2007, 09:28 AM
yeah i know it sucks...but maybe something good will happen and ul frames will sell cheaper,which would still bring down the resale

HelpDeskHustler
07-10-2007, 09:51 AM
? i want resale brought up
the best thing that could happen for me is all pmr's stop getting made, then ollie starts playing with one, and tom kaye says its teh best gun ever.

kidonfire
07-10-2007, 10:06 AM
I would give anything to have the money right now. I want a rail more than any other gun. You could make some decent cash though.....Buy four or five of the "combos", then sell the rail and the UL frame separatly. You'd probably make around $150.

HelpDeskHustler
07-10-2007, 10:25 AM
I'll pay anyone who buys that 125 bucks for the UL frame NIB

wylde01
07-10-2007, 10:44 AM
man wish i had the money right now. been wanting one

ttam13xlpb
07-10-2007, 10:50 AM
the best thing that could happen for me is all pmr's stop getting made, then ollie starts playing with one, and tom kaye says its teh best gun ever.
yeah me too thats what im saying...it will bring down resale but maybe the ul frame price will go down

vikingshadow
07-10-2007, 10:52 AM

Actually, I'd be happy if they just stopped making them. The gun would become a classic and prices would go up. I don't really care if Ollie plays with one....Kind of a sleeper - everyone would say, "Hey, isn't that one of those limited run PMR's?" and actually mean "limited" runs!

kidonfire
07-10-2007, 11:20 AM

They better keep making them. At least until I get one. :D

LostCause
07-10-2007, 11:27 AM
YAY!! hope they have it for a lil while...lol

Hob Hayward
07-10-2007, 02:49 PM
Wow, I NEED money :(

splater18
07-10-2007, 05:08 PM
strikefirst i could kiss you for posting this. this is a great deal im going to get one for my birth day

Hossy
07-10-2007, 05:26 PM
strikefirst i could kiss you for posting this. this is a great deal im going to get one for my birth day

ewwww

well atleast i dont have a PMR....
then again, im out of the sport.

Charfizcool
07-10-2007, 05:40 PM
OMG! it's thte same way with PM6's! buy a PM6 and get a DM6 UL trigger frame for $50! :D

Edit: nvm I read it backwards its buy a UL frame for $200 savings of $50 :(

timmyshoota
07-10-2007, 08:37 PM
Stock PMR frame > UL frame. I'd never replace that frame if I was going to keep mine. Its damn comfortable.

HelpDeskHustler
07-11-2007, 03:22 AM
I don't like stock much. it feels kinda goofy

ttam13xlpb
07-11-2007, 07:04 AM
i think its pretty comfortable...but the ul looks alot better

timmyshoota
07-11-2007, 07:38 AM
I don't like stock much. it feels kinda goofy

I've never shot one with the stock trigger, but I had the metal Proto trigger and loved it. I dunno if that would make a difference for you, but I thought the stock frame was awesome.

pbfreak3221
07-11-2007, 07:40 AM
I have the UL frame, and don't get me wrong I love it, but it is not worth the 200$ price tag. I think that is basically a comfort upgrade, and you should wait to buy it till you have nothing else to upgrade.

HelpDeskHustler
07-11-2007, 07:40 AM
I've never shot one with the stock trigger, but I had the metal Proto trigger and loved it. I dunno if that would make a difference for you, but I thought the stock frame was awesome.
I have fairly heavy wear on the grips around where the hourglassing would be on a UL frame. Most because of how i grip it.

Command2A
08-01-2007, 08:15 PM
Got mine delivered a few day's ago with a few upgrades from actionvillage. Awesome marker. Its a gotta get folks.

vikingshadow
08-02-2007, 07:42 AM
I have the UL frame, and don't get me wrong I love it, but it is not worth the 200$ price tag. I think that is basically a comfort upgrade, and you should wait to buy it till you have nothing else to upgrade.

While I would normally tend to agree with you, I think that's just the masses not thinking it through talking. Let's break it down to see if it is actually worth it.

With the ultralight frame, you get:

1. Frame that has smaller gripping area. 100.00 - 150.00
2. Nicer trigger than most aftermarket triggers. 20.00 - 30.00
3. Board will all modes except NXL full auto. 80.00 - 160.00
4. Sticky grips. 20.00 - 25.00

So far, you've got 220.00 - 365.00 bucks in upgrades (incidently which MOST people will replace on the stock frame eventually - more likely one at a time.)

THEN, take into consideration the benefits of said frame - able to adjust the rail mount asa WITHOUT undoing the grips, the different style battery connector, buttons that are metal and don't come out, easier access to said buttons, being able to adjust the modes using the LED in the side of the grips AND the heads up indicator, then the most common reason being comfort...all this you can't really place a price on because most of these things aren't available as aftermarket parts for the stock frame. But, if you could, it'd be well into 100.00 probably.

I'd say that while it defnitely doesn't add to the shooters ability to shoot any faster or more accurately, financially, the frame is definitely worth the asking price of 200.00 when the parts themselves, bought as aftermarket parts and installed by the user, are worth upwards of 300.00 and more, taking into consideration all you get.

Do you need it? No, not really. The stock frame is pretty decent except for the stupid battery connector and the buttons. But it is worth it in terms of price because of what you do get.

Just my .02 of logical thinking there...:rolleyes: After all that, I do have an ultralight frame that I paid the 200+ from eBay to get several months ago - dang it!

Maxx-Damage
08-02-2007, 08:34 AM
So whats the better deal? Paying 425 for a PMR with a ul frame, or 500 for the special edition? I REALLY wish i had the money for this...

HelpDeskHustler
08-02-2007, 12:42 PM
UL frame. the only functional parts of the 500 dollar deal are 80 dollar barrel and 40 dollar back cap. thats like 40 bucks in savings whereas UL frame is 175 in savings.

vikingshadow
08-02-2007, 01:57 PM
^^Agreed. All you're getting on the "limited editions" are the barrel - which you could get cheaper - and the back cap. I didn't need a new back cap, but I got one just in case. I still use the stock barrel. I get more use out the frame than these other two items.

applesauce
08-02-2007, 06:26 PM
ewwww

well atleast i dont have a PMR....
then again, im out of the sport.

your never out.....

leed
08-02-2007, 10:52 PM
you're never out.....

;)

The deal is not bad.. But still..

bigred76
08-03-2007, 11:33 AM
I don't know about that... The LE also comes with the metal trigger and trigger guard, metal feedneck, and metal eye covers. Coming from someone who hated the PMR for it's ****in' plastic, that is a huge improvement. The only bit of plastic left on it is the frame, which is lighter than the UL frame. So, overall, the LE version has all the little metal pieces that make it a better gun (in my view) as well as being lighter than a UL'd one, which feels like a misshapen ass.

vikingshadow
08-03-2007, 12:13 PM
Meh, the metal eye covers were made for people who hate it for being ****in' plastic because it does absolutely NOTHING for the performance or looks of the gun. And the trigger, while being metal, isn't really the best one available for the pmr. Some people actually like the feel of the stock trigger.

Trust me, the "plastic" of the PMR is not as bad as non-users make it out to be. Not even close. You CAN'T tell the difference while playing, and when not playing, the only difference is the look and weight.

The MAIN problem with the PMR isn't that it's plastic, or that there are nubs buying it - it's the fact that there are so many haters JUST because it's cheaper (made to be that way) and has plastic which has been proven time and again to be perfectly fine. They all say it's because of the nubs, but that's BS. It's them. It's all in the players mind, seriously.

Sorry, I absolutely refuse to post in the PBN Dye forum because of the crap they give PMR owners. You HAVE to be a nub because you have one. It CAN'T work as well because it's missing an LPR (wtf?) and it's plastic (wtf X2??) And it's all BS. It really irritates me to no end at the elitism that's shown in paintball these days. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Ok, I'll stop now, LOL!

/rant

bigred76
08-03-2007, 12:19 PM
Haha, I merely don't like plastic other than on my grips. It's all personal preference. It's why I even considered getting rid of my Ion. The plastic was so weird feeling whenever I accidentally brushed up against it... it just had to go.

It has nothing to do with the nubes owning the guns, merely the plastic. I really don't care what you argue, it's my personal stance.

vikingshadow
08-03-2007, 12:25 PM
I understand - I just don't rant over at PBN, it's like asking to be flamed. Sorry to let it out here!

bigred76
08-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Letting it out here is asking to be flamed as well. http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/bigred76/30a6b0e1.gif

Look on the bright side, Vike: at least we're more tolerant here. :D

vikingshadow
08-03-2007, 12:43 PM
Yup, and it's out of my system now so we can go back to doing what we do best.

Which is, um, well, I'm not sure. But we're good at it!

Opteron-O3
08-03-2007, 05:31 PM
PMR worth it? PM me so we don't get off topic.

For $25 isn't bad!

Maxx-Damage
08-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Well once i get some money, im getting it. I just need a job now. In a couple of weeks im going to start training with a team. But need a better gun.

phatphil
08-05-2007, 04:17 AM
Spend $200 more and get a used DM6... it's so worth it.