PDA

View Full Version : Dye Stickies stopping my noid

Krypt Keeper
07-10-2007, 08:13 AM
Yeah its a bit long winded, but gives all the info of what was happeneing. ;)

Playing this weekend my gun just stopped firing. While doing an on field examination of my gun and trying to not get hit while tucked behind the bunker I noticed my noid clicking very lightly but not moving enough to drop the sear. :(

I got off the field and stripped down the gun. I pulled my Dye Stickies off and checked everything over, relubed everything and put it back together. Test fired it and everything seemed to work just fine. :rolleyes:

Next game starts and I get 2 shots off and same thing. After taking a few minutes to see what I was doing when it would and wouldn't fire I found out that my Dye Stickies are preventing my noid from moving. :mad: I found a small twig on the ground and wedged it between the grip and frame. Problem fixed for rest of the day thankfully.

I have played countless games and days with these grips and this never happened. Only thing I can think of is the weather being right at 100 deg. and the heat made the rubber material pliable and allowed more movement. There are cutout spots in the grips for the noid, they are super soft in the heat and just my normal grip on the gun pushes them in to prevent any movement of the noid. Seems in the heat of a game I grip the gun a little harder than when testing it or playing around which makes sense.

Anyone ever experiance this with their grips or have any solutions to it? I thought about trimming the inside of the grips where the noid sits, but got to thinking that would make it even thinner and easier to push..

pbpilot
07-11-2007, 07:00 PM
I had that same problem. My final solution was to move my thumb down on the grip so as to not put pressure on the noid (took a little while to get used to but did work for me)

Motorhead
07-11-2007, 10:12 PM
My IMAGINE did it right off the bat with the DYE grips :mad:

I took frame off body, backed off the two set screws holding solenoid into frame, pulled out the solenoids center rod and went over to my grinder and removed @ 1/8" of it's diameter on the disk end :D

Works just the same but no hang ups :p

Drefish99
07-11-2007, 10:14 PM
The AMG used to have this issue also. My solution was to cut some of the meat over the noid. Or you can always not tighten down the grips as much at the top by the noid as the bottom.

Krypt Keeper
07-12-2007, 08:18 AM
Good idea on grinding the ears off the noid sticking out of the frame. I was tinkering with my gun last night (thinking of buying a new trigger or doing the magnet mod) while the wife and kid were away. Was really pissed that this was giving me a problem all of a sudden. I love the feel of the stickies, and would hate to go back to the stockers. Will break out the Dremal and see how it works.