PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

Herm
07-09-2007, 03:09 PM
What is the point in getting an hp tank on this http://www.zdspb.com/tech/misc/resou...tspertank.html
it says that you get more shots with a 20oz co2 tank than a 68cu. hp tank. so what is the bennefit?

vikingshadow
07-09-2007, 03:12 PM
Higher end guns (anything that uses a solenoid to move a ram) cannot take Co2. It will freeze it and ruin any orings and warp the little parts in it. Therefore, it's HIGHLY recommended to use HPA in that case.

Herm
07-09-2007, 03:13 PM
ok thanks. so i have a pilot do i really need a hp tank?

Kenny_McCormic
07-09-2007, 03:28 PM
yes only an hp tank will work

Herm
07-09-2007, 03:30 PM
well i have been using co2 and everything seems to be fine. but i guess ill have to save up for one

Herm
07-09-2007, 03:41 PM
viking was saying that it will freeze your gun how do you know when thats happened does it just stop working? and is the gun totally ruin after that?

ttam13xlpb
07-09-2007, 03:51 PM
it wont freeze your pilot.the pilot can take co2 or hpa..so dont worry

Herm
07-09-2007, 03:56 PM
alright thanks i was starting to freakout because i have been playing like that all year. Thanks a ton.

spyderpilotacs05
07-09-2007, 04:49 PM
ok thanks. so i have a pilot do i really need a hp tank?

no you dont, but you will want it for when you upgrade.

vikingshadow
07-09-2007, 04:50 PM
No, I'm not saying it will freeze your gun. And Kenny, without a dodgy, people who don't know you will think your being serious! In case you are serious, um, no!

OK, in very simple terms, and not described entirely, the solenoid in an EP gun (electropneumatic) operates differently than the solenoid in a common spyer such as a Pilot. In an EP, air is channeled (most usually) from the HPR into the ram or spool. Some air is channeled into a LPR (if the gun has one) and then channeled to the back of the gun to move a ram forward - or to put air into a dump chamber of sorts. Then the air from the HPR is released to move the bolt the other direction. This way, the bolt is moved back and forth without a sear and hammer/valve and pin assembly. The operation of this solenoid is somewhat delicate, so if you were to get liquid Co2 in there, it would damage the orings and the small pistons and such in that particular piece of equipment.

Granted, a regulator would more than likely stop the Co2 from getting that far, especially when coupled with an anti-syphoned tank. However, the chance of ruining a 125 dollar solenoid is too great to chance it. Also, you take a chance on ruining a regulator if it's not designed for Co2.

As far as how you can tell if your "freezing your gun" is if frost develops on your regulator, and if the gun itself feels extremely cold when you fire at high rates of fire. I actually did this 2-3 times with my torpedo reg, and my Sonix and it worked fine afterwards, though I did develop problems with my striker orings afterwards.

In guns like the Spyder, it's electrically moved to trip a sear to release the hammer, then resets itself to catch the hammer with the sear again. The air has nothing to do with the operation of the solenoid, so no damage can be done there.

Yes, Co2 is perfectly fine for Spyders. If you get an aftermarket regulator, you need to make sure it's one designed to accept Co2. BL Torpedos, Palmers, and Ergo regs are the only ones I can come up with off the top of my head, though I know there are a couple others out there that can. Co2 can also be used with guns like an Ion, as explained in the manual, but no one in their right mind would use it!

Herm
07-11-2007, 09:42 AM
ok thanks for the help. sorry if this was a stupid qhuestion. Just started playing so i really dont know that much yet.

newkid
07-11-2007, 09:48 AM
ok thanks for the help. sorry if this was a stupid qhuestion. Just started playing so i really dont know that much yet.
Don't be afraid to ask any question, we are here to help

Kenny_McCormic
07-11-2007, 12:20 PM
No, I'm not saying it will freeze your gun. And Kenny, without a dodgy, people who don't know you will think your being serious! In case you are serious, um, no!

srry what i meant to say was Co2 will be fine but if you get an HPA tank it must be high pressue

pbpilot
07-11-2007, 07:31 PM
What is the point in getting an hp tank on this http://www.zdspb.com/tech/misc/resou...tspertank.html
it says that you get more shots with a 20oz co2 tank than a 68cu. hp tank. so what is the bennefit?
I have 2 pilots both have used CO2 and hpa with no problems I'm not sure what the web site you refer to says but I went from 600-650 shots w/co2 (20oz) to 900-1000 shots w/hpa (72/3000) more important is that the hpa gives more consistant shots time after time. Hope this helps

Herm
07-12-2007, 04:09 PM
Ya it does thanks alot