PDA

View Full Version : My new Mag...

druid
07-09-2007, 01:54 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/68%20AutoMag/MagwithWarpfeed004.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/68%20AutoMag/MagwithWarpfeed001.jpg
With left hand...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/68%20AutoMag/MagwithWarpfeed005.jpg
With right hand...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/68%20AutoMag/MagwithWarpfeed006.jpg

The feed hose was split at the end and not long enough to cut it off and with Normandy only 4 days away, I created the tubing out of 3/4" pipe and fittings I had...

The pipe, where it meets the Warp at the bottom, was flared slightly into a kind of 'funnel' by setting a Ballpeen hammer in the end of the pipe and tapping it with a dead-shot mallet. This allows unrestricted feeding into the tube. A 90* elbow fits onto that and that fits onto a 45* elbow, which mounts onto the angle-feed. This provides a 'seamless' flow so that any sharp enges (that I might have missed) won't cut a ball.

I wrapped the entire contraption with electrical tape for now because I don't have time to mess with it any more this week.

Whutchya think??

VS3 Sniper
07-09-2007, 02:07 PM
Looks great. Are u gonna use it at Normandy?

ttam13xlpb
07-09-2007, 02:50 PM
i dont know much about mags but it looks good

druid
07-09-2007, 03:05 PM
Looks great. Are u gonna use it at Normandy?

Yep. I was going to use my Ion as my primary but we just received our orders and...well...let's just say I'm going to be in the field a loooooooooooooooong time...lol.

If I use my Ion, I'm going to be burning through the paint like there's no tomorrow...mostly because I have no self control when it comes to slowing my trigger fingers..:D ..

For me to be out in the field for an extended period of time, I need to conserve paint and air. My Ion's way more efficient than the Mag but the Mag is a slower shooter. I'd rather carry a spare 20 oz than a case of paint - especially since I made a 5+4 to mount on my vest. Any more paint and I won't be able to move...lol...

leed
07-09-2007, 05:20 PM
There is one thing I must request you do.
Dry fire it underwater.

Please?

applesauce
07-09-2007, 06:11 PM
not flaming the mag, just wondering whats the appeal? the old-school-ness?? never shot one my self

Team Ramrod
07-09-2007, 06:18 PM
great mag, ill comment more later, but im on my way to bed.

Any chance you'll sell that air through stock?? or know where i can get one?

Hoppy11
07-09-2007, 08:27 PM
Mag looks great, I have always liked them.

Get a new camera.

vikingshadow
07-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Haven't seen a warp feed in a couple of years! Carrying all that paint PLUS a warp fed mag - man, you better eat your Wheaties and bring an energy bar...

Better yet, since the tube was fixed up, put it in a back back, filled with paint and run it like that....remember to lift with your legs, not your back, LOL!

Mag looks great, by the way - I like the smooth look to those babies...

druid
07-09-2007, 10:05 PM
There is one thing I must request you do.
Dry fire it underwater.

Please?

um...no. Unless of course we get the thunderstorms they are calling for...then you may just get your wish...lol.

not flaming the mag, just wondering whats the appeal? the old-school-ness?? never shot one my self

Simple design, simple operation, closed bolt mechanism...old schoolness is a plus and you have to shoot one to be able to appreciate it.

great mag, ill comment more later, but im on my way to bed.

Any chance you'll sell that air through stock?? or know where i can get one?
Thanks and Ok.
Perhaps...I want to see how I like it first before I go selling it off. Besides..."Canukland" is going to cost you :D

Haven't seen a warp feed in a couple of years!
I know, they are a dying breed it seems.
Carrying all that paint PLUS a warp fed mag - man, you better eat your Wheaties and bring an energy bar...
I'm plenty strong for the task...lol. I am, however, taking the energy bars for when I'm feeling the 80*F heat...lol.
Better yet, since the tube was fixed up, put it in a back back, filled with paint and run it like that....remember to lift with your legs, not your back, LOL!
You wouldn't be suggesting I create my own TurtlePack...now would you? :D
Mag looks great, by the way - I like the smooth look to those babies...
Yep...thanks.

newkid
07-10-2007, 05:47 AM
looks pretty good

Tito=PBL
07-10-2007, 09:45 AM
looks nice.
i wanted to go to Normandy but funds said no. :(

Ace24
07-10-2007, 09:48 AM
looks nice.
i wanted to go to Normandy but funds said no. :(
Diddo :cry:

xsgmike66x
07-10-2007, 04:25 PM
Mag looks great, I have always liked them.

Get a new camera.

QFT

VS3 Sniper
07-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Yea I would have love also to go but money and I got in a fight .............and I lost :( .

druid
07-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Now that I found my Snappers...I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to run the mag or whip out my 68 Magnum and 6 Pack :( ....