PDA

View Full Version : Buying paintball guns online

Protan
07-09-2007, 12:23 PM
Hey, so I want to buy a spyder pilot but its like $200 in stores for the set and I just need the gun. So the only place I can find them online is in the U.S, and I live in Canada. So im wondering will it get across the border? And if it does howmuch will the duty bee on the item if i bought it online? Any help would be greatly apreciated.

LostCause
07-09-2007, 01:18 PM
badlandspaintball.com

MonsterLopes
07-09-2007, 01:27 PM
Don't order from the states. Shipping fees, Border taxes, Brokerage fees and Dispursement fees all add up to make it a nightmare. Unless you happen to be in the states and can pick it up yourself, I wouldn't recommend it.

Besides, you most certainly can find it here, in Canada:
http://www.canadianpaintball.com/main/markers/kingman.htm

PS: Go for the VS2 instead of the Pilot, +40$ gets you Breakbeam eyes, low-pressure and a good feedneck. You would have still spent more had you ordered the Pilot from the US. Trust me... I know, because that's what I did.

Protan
07-09-2007, 08:42 PM
Man but its so much more expensive in Canada, I found some for like $110 in US and our dollar is like .8 cents different now. Cheapest I can find it in Canada is like $170 if im lucky, and I think im going to get a vs1 not vs2 I dont want compressed air.

MonsterLopes
07-09-2007, 09:43 PM
I'm warning you; the extra fees will cancel any savings. Compressed air seems to be 'the way of the future', If you must use CO2, get the Pilot. Note: Beware of high rates of fire as liquid CO2 could damage your electronics(High-pressure air doesn't have this problem). Using a remote could solve this problem, if you don't mind being tethered to your gun.

Taillo
07-10-2007, 01:04 AM
www.paintballgear.ca I did buy my mr1 mask tank and pods from them, and a friend of mine got himself a tiberius 9 there too. They are really reliable.

To answer how much it will cost if you order from the united states, for example, a 165$ US sale cost me 38$ CAN to get inside canada. Sometimes, they pass free of any taxes, i dont know why, maybe they did not feel like opening and checking your package.... Guns that risk having trouble passing to canada are replicas, but, it is not impossible to get them, youll see, paintballgear have them. Last thing: the air and co2 tanks from united states have the equivalent of DOT certification but it is not accepted for regulations in canada, only in the united states, so paintball field in canada often refuse to fill US tanks.

Nenkitsune
07-10-2007, 02:09 AM
I'm warning you; the extra fees will cancel any savings. Compressed air seems to be 'the way of the future', If you must use CO2, get the Pilot. Note: Beware of high rates of fire as liquid CO2 could damage your electronics(High-pressure air doesn't have this problem). Using a remote could solve this problem, if you don't mind being tethered to your gun.
that's ONLY in EP guns that use a pneumatic solenoid. there are no electrical components in a spyder that come in contact with co2 or hpa, so it's totally fine. i once let my spyder empty a full 20oz without the frame to see if i could get it to freeze til it quit working. about a minute of letting it free cycle and a frozen hand later....i just had a spydersicle

hodni_sania
07-10-2007, 08:37 AM
Yeah the price is cheaper but after shipping and all the other crap it comes out to more. The biggest problem is the goddamn border. I got my timmy from a guy in the states took like 5 weeks and he sent it express usps. Id avoid playing with the border and just get something from canada. I've ordered from both badlands and cp and they both are fine.

Nuwisha
07-17-2007, 11:15 AM
Buying from the States isn't bad.....ifn you do it right.

My buddy and his dad have an account at a place in Niagara Falls New York. Its not a P.O. box, its a real shipping address. We have stuff shipped there and then pick it up and bring it accross the border ourselves. We usually hit the Walmat and Sam's Club nearby so we have receipts to show. Haven't had any problems getting back.....and only pulled over once heading in :)

This really only works ifn you happen to live near the border. I live 40min away, but only work 10min away.

lazyass7
10-24-2007, 06:35 PM
Just bought a spyder TL-R, a Vents Helix and a 16oz CO2 tank from actionvillage.com for $10, they shipped it to Toronto for $25 and there was no taxes or duty on it. It was definitely worth getting online. I saved $10 on the mask and $15 on the tank which made up for the shipping alone never mind the fact that I didn't pay 14% tax that I would have had to here.