PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Here Need Some Help

Ojsest
07-06-2007, 08:52 AM
I Have a Pilot I have been reading all the threads here about upgrades and I see alot of people like the J&J barrels would the JT tac camo balls match ok with the bore of an S2 I have read Otters Bore and Paint match nothing on the JT tac camo balls they were on sell 30.00 for 2000 so I bought 4000

pbfreak3221
07-06-2007, 09:26 AM
Welcome to the forums! First off, if you have already purchased them, take one ball out, and test it with the barrel. If you put it in the barrel, and blow, and it should come out with little force. It shouldn't make you out of breath, or just roll out. If it comes out with a puff, you have a good paint to bore match. Most likely the paint is .690 bore size. This sort of answers you question, tell me if you want me to elaborate. I also couldn't find any link to JT tac camo balls online, or any pictures.

paintballkid0206
07-06-2007, 09:35 AM
WELCOME!!! just do what pbfreak3221 said and you should have an answer. all i have to say is... WHAT EVER YOU DO, DON'T BUY BRASS EAGLE MONSTER BALLS! They bounce like RUBBER!

ttam13xlpb
07-06-2007, 09:41 AM
WELCOME!!! just do what pbfreak3221 said and you should have an answer. all i have to say is... WHAT EVER YOU DO, DON'T BUY BRASS EAGLE MONSTER BALLS! They bounce like RUBBER!
yeah stryker are terrible too.a while back one of my teammates was shooting it out of a tippmann and they werent busting on light poles

paintballkid0206
07-06-2007, 09:45 AM
I heard that Wild Streak is bad also. i was told that they were greasy, and dont break. I jsut changed from BE Monster Balls to White Box.

pbfreak3221
07-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Okay now that pbreview.com is back up, I think I have found what you purchased. I think it's this (http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/?sort=&prod=3941&expdesc=1&page=#description) if so I'm pretty sure it uses .689 bore.

-The.Fallen
07-06-2007, 01:18 PM
I've heard white box isn't that good either? Heard it breaks alot inside the gun/barrel. I used diablo balls because I've found them really good with my J&J.

Never tried JT balls but like pbfreak had said. Put the ball inside the barrel then blow, it should blow right up the barrel without too much trouble. If it does this then it is good paint, but sometimes it does that but if the paint you have is old or you keep it for too long and the balls might expand so be sure to make sure. If you blow and you run out of breathe having to get it to go up or it gets stuck in the barrel, your pretty much screwed because that pretty much gaurentees that when you shoot, the ball won't fly straight alot of the time and that theres a possibility of it getting stuck in your barrel during games and then you have paint breaks in your barrel.

oldironmudder
07-06-2007, 04:50 PM
I used to shoot RPS, marbs I think, til they went to a dry shell & it stripped the gears in my revvy. Then started on Diablo & never had any problems from their cheap walmart paint or good tourny paint.