PDA

View Full Version : Finally got some paint through it.

Porkponey
07-05-2007, 07:05 AM
Yesterday I picked up a case of crappy BE paint (on sale for 29bucks) and a black pmi razzor. I had looked at the barrel a bit online and I found it at ****'s and decided to just buy it since I could have it that day. Paid more than I should've I'm sure, but am plenty satisfied with it's performance. It places shots a heck of a lot farther than the stocker and after all of the cleaning of the internals, I seem to have gotten an unreasonably high number of shots on my tank. Standard 20oz and I put a minimum of 5 (200rd) hoppers through it as well as at least 100dryfire shots if not plenty more (very likely more.) 1000-1200rds in the 9000000psi spyder seems like an awful lot. I imagine if I crono, I'll find out I'm at like 40fps or something ridiculous. Anyways, love the gun, love the barrel, didn't have a single break, even with a gravity feed. Had one acs stop, didn't break the ball. The broken in spring makes it shoot a LOT better but it seems like it's shooting awfully hard. I know it's the nature of the beast but the recoil is furious and bump is a minor issue where I have the trigger set now, so I'll be tweaking a little more. Who knows. I consider going to a vs2, but even if and when I do, I'll continue to build on the pilot, I like the little guy.

paintballkid0206
07-05-2007, 07:26 AM
i really like the pilot. What kind of BE paint was it? Monster Balls? NEVER buy them again! they bounce so much its not even funny.

Porkponey
07-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Yeah it was monsterballs, and yeah, they're just cheaper reballs. Never had the courage to reuse one, but God knows it could be done. Still had fun, though. Now I just need a feedneck, loader, asa, and hpa and i'll be happy-ish.

Sandman_Bravo
07-06-2007, 03:01 AM
Welcome to the forums. I too found the Pilot to be infectous, and put around $300 into it. You know what? I'd do it again. Enjoy your new marker and if you have any questions- feel free to ask.

paintballkid0206
07-06-2007, 05:26 AM
if you have any problems with the pilot, PM me.