PDA

View Full Version : New Lucky Barrels

Drefish99
01-31-2006, 09:48 PM
Thinking of getting one. Pretty cost effective pricing. http://www.lucky-paintball.com/getlucky/viewtopic.php?t=425 :D

durrell
01-31-2006, 10:08 PM
The un1tec is nice for 39, the other ehh kind of ugly.

geeZus
02-01-2006, 12:24 AM
They are kinda funky. Its a one piece barrel, with a two piece look. If you look at it, the front extends all the way to the back of the back piece. This is for the un1tech. Doesn't anyone else see that as odd? I mean, I guess its kinda nice, you put a back in and change out the fronts, but its not a two piece barrel really anymore...I'd just rather get 2 1 piece CP barrels.

Edit: Good idea for those who want a 1 piece barrel, but have multiple guns with different threads.

DRAGON
02-01-2006, 10:56 AM
Fronts kinda remind me of J&J's with slightly larger porting. Good idea and price anyways -

phatphil
02-01-2006, 12:32 PM
I was thinking the front of the first one reminded me of something J&J also. That S6 looks almost identical to a stock Matrix barrel. Should have made the Un1tec to take freak inserts, much easier to come by, although it wouldn't make them money from selling their inserts. Great to see Lucky expanding.

geeZus
02-01-2006, 09:54 PM
They aren't selling inserts. The front is the insert. The front and insert are one piece. The back piece is basically just to be able to have one bore and length work for multiple markers. You buy one .693 un1tech front, and 2 backs, one cocker and one spyder, now you have a barrel for each. You don't have to unscrew entire barrels either. You can leave the backs on the appropriate guns, and just interchange the fronts. Its a good idea. IMO. You get to have a one piece barrel that can be used for multiple markers.

ttink
02-02-2006, 02:45 PM
Wow, that is a really great idea. They dont look too bad, and the pricing is great! much better than the new freak fronts anyways :dodgy: