PDA

View Full Version : Happy 4th Everyone

shunut
07-04-2007, 07:19 AM
Well is the Fourth of July, day of our independence. What is everybody doing? BBQ? Watching fireworks? Lighting Fireworks?

I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. A friend of mine and I use to do our own show ever year back in IL. I use to fly back just to do it with him. Due to my health I haven't been able to do it for a couple years now. I did get to talk to him last night and he got some really big stuff this year. Here is a picture of him with a 5" mortar:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f395/shunut/bigone.jpg

Just to get an idea of how big that really is, he is 6'4" 230-240, so he is a big guy. I'm going to be back there on the 10th and I'm trying to figure out a way to get to his house, he doesn't live near where I'm staying. He said he is going to save a couple of the big mortars he has for when I'm there, I can't wait!

Here are a couple pictures of our arsenal:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f395/shunut/fireworks2.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f395/shunut/fireworks1.jpg

This was a very, very small year. I think that is only $6-800 worth of fireworks. That was the last year we were minors so it was the last year his mom had to take us to get them. She would always tell us, "Ok guys, thats enough." So after that year I don't think we ever spent less that $1500 again.

Hope everyone has a fun, SAFE Fourth!

Critical
07-04-2007, 07:28 AM
Seriously, be SAFE everyone, we don't want to hear any stories about lost eyesight or blown off fingers tomorrow. Also, please remember the point of the holiday. Our forefathers fought and died to free this country. In 231 years, we have gone from a group of upstart colonies to the lone superpower in the world. All because a group of farmers got together and decided that yes, men have the right to rule themselves.

leed
07-04-2007, 07:29 AM
It looks like he's holding some sammiches. :shrugs:

Looks fun, I probably won't be doing anything tonight because it is lame and so am I.

vwjimmy
07-04-2007, 07:47 AM
Happy 4th everyone!!!!
Josh, our annual show is going to be light this year...about $1500 or so...
I do have some 3" mortars though...about 50 big cakes, lots of smaller cakes, and alot of smaller mortars.......
I guess growing up in So Cal, where fireworks are illegal, left me with some unfinished business! ;)
Anyway, our house backs up to a school playground so it is perfect! All of my staff at the shop and their families are comming to eat BBQ with us and see the show. Also, the Shriners Children Hospital is around the corner and they do a profesional show...so we watch that first and then get started with ours. Last year the police came to keep the street clear (spectators!) and we went 'till 1 am!
This is one of my favorite days every year! Anyway, I need to get back to cleaning before my guys get here!
Again, Happy Independence Day to all!

TheRedBarron
07-04-2007, 08:00 AM
Did our show early this year, Makylas birthday was yesterday, and Shanna has an appointment tonight so I went ahead and blew off our show last night, we live on a lake so it is cool as soon as you stop you can hear people chearing and clapping around the lake. We need to go to NH to get our fireworks but this year I had a buddy of mine go down and we spent 2,500 on them, it was a pretty impressive show, all but 1 of the bricks went off without a hitch. It was good to see everyone smile again, Steph my oldest took the kids to the other side of the lake in our boat so they could watch the show from afar (little ears).