PDA

View Full Version : VS 2 Air Leak and Factory Parts?

faithalone
07-04-2007, 04:32 AM
Greetings,

I have a VS2 and can hear a small leak coming from the barrel/feedneck. I stripped the marker and replaced the cup seal and just about every o-ring. I also oiled everything real good and still can hear the leak. It must be real small because I gassed up the marker and left it that way for about an hour and there was no notable drop in the amount of air in the tank.

The marker cycles fine at around 225 psi so I have no complaints there. Anyone have any ideas on where it might be coming from?

Also, after replacing the cup seal and o-rings I am short on my parts that came with the parts kit :) Anyone know where to get extra parts?

Thanks!

Tcheno
07-04-2007, 04:48 AM
Probably you've tighten your valve too much and by doing so you've caused a leak, as air passes trough the valve's o-ring(s).

Just a wild guess...

oldironmudder
07-04-2007, 06:50 AM
Check the valve face where the cup seal sits & makes a seal. Also be careful when you put the valve back into the marker cause you can damage the orings.

Critical
07-04-2007, 07:21 AM
Does the leak go away after firing? I've had markers that have done that before. Also, try cocking the marker first, then attaching air, sometimes that's enough to stop the leak. Typically, a leak down the barrel is something in the valve/cup seal. As a last ditch, try taking some very fine sandpaper (I've used 1200 grit) and laying the face of the cup seal on it and rubbing lightly a couple of times. If it's been lightly scored or warped, that can be enough to flatten it out.

faithalone
07-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Wow, thanks for the great tips. Could the leak possibly be the valve spring? Perhaps not pushing the cup seal closed completely?

I talked to a technician and he said since I did not have any recocking issues and that the leak was very small he would not even worry about it. The perfectionist in me is having a hard time with this but I am going to go with it.

Have fun!

el marco
07-10-2007, 06:34 PM
oil the cup seal. I had the same problem, a very slight leak heard from the barrel & feedneck but no noticable drop in tank pressure when not shooting.

I stripped my VS3, took the valve out, only inspected it (no visible damage) and oiled the cup seal and both orings around the body of the valve.

Reassembled & gassed 'er up, no leaks since (about 2000 shots).

Kenny_McCormic
07-10-2007, 06:52 PM
put a squirt oil in the asa
remove barrel and put rag over opening
dry fire 50 times
leak should be gone