PDA

View Full Version : Scammin ***'s..........

DRAGON
07-03-2007, 11:28 PM
Anyone get any e-mails like this?

Dear AOL Member,

This confirms that your AOL payment method has been updated to reflect the new information you provided. You can make payment method changes at AOL Keyword: My Account throughout your monthly billing cycle if you decide that a different payment method would better suit your needs. Please note however, that the billing method on record at 10:00 AM EST on your billing cycle date will be the one used to process your account charges.

You can access America Online`s secure, self-service Billing Center by going to AOL Keyword: My Account. Here you can review and modify your AOL account information online, anytime.

Please Remember: If your account information is not updated within 48 hours then your ability to use your AOL account will become restricted!

Sincerely,
Member Services
AOL, LLC.

The words "My Account " were highlighted links. I've gotten some others in the past but none for AOL yet. Essentially you're suppose to click the links and feed them your credit card and what not info. Instead, they were reported to live help. Hope they burn these sukka's in hell! lollergiggles -

newkid
07-04-2007, 05:13 AM
aol, ftl

HelpDeskHustler
07-04-2007, 05:20 AM
seriously ditch aol

pbgrandpa
07-04-2007, 05:23 AM
Never got one from AOL, but used to get them all the time when I had MSN. I've received 2 from pay-pal supposedly which I turned in. People like this P***me off. They need to go to jail and have there attitude adjusted

pb34
07-04-2007, 06:40 AM
Never got one from AOL, but used to get them all the time when I had MSN. I've received 2 from pay-pal supposedly which I turned in. People like this P***me off. They need to go to jail and have there attitude adjusted

Yeah I received one from Paypal. Paypal has a section on their site where you can turn them in. It's great.

Critical
07-04-2007, 07:03 AM
I get them from paypal and comcast almost constantly.

shunut
07-04-2007, 07:10 AM
I got a eCard email the other day that linked you to a virus. I too get the PayPal scammers all the time.

DRAGON
07-04-2007, 07:54 AM
I got a eCard email the other day that linked you to a virus..........

How do you know that? - :eek:

TheRedBarron
07-04-2007, 07:56 AM
How do you know that? - :eek:
Drago join the rest of the world and drop AOL :p

DRAGON
07-04-2007, 08:13 AM
I have tons of links that I've collected for years now with imperative info on them. Shall I lose all that because some don't like AOL? -

I've experimented with a couple others. One was uber slow, the other provided me with so many popups that most of the time online I spent getting rid of them. Then when I did, I got a popup from the provider complaining that I wasn't clicking the popups and would I be so kind to do so since they were sponsoring my free trial. What a calamity -

HelpDeskHustler
07-04-2007, 08:40 AM
firefox, adblock plus. win.

badlandsrox
07-04-2007, 09:14 AM
I have tons of links that I've collected for years now with imperative info on them. Shall I lose all that because some don't like AOL?

you could always forward them to your new account...

08Lud08
07-04-2007, 11:08 AM
firefox, adblock plus. win.
qft I've never had a single pop up or annoying add since i got firefox.

TheRedBarron
07-04-2007, 11:18 AM
I get 0 popups and I use IE7. Am I just lucky?

shunut
07-04-2007, 01:25 PM
Nope, I use IE7 as well and never get any popups.

durrell
07-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Drago I think AOL saves your bookmarks in the "AOL Personal File Cabinet" when you delete the software..don't hold me to that, though..

pb34
07-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Nope, I use IE7 as well and never get any popups.

Same here, I rarely ever get popups.

durrell
07-04-2007, 08:56 PM
IE7 can't compare to the functionality of FF..but some pages still refuse to work in FF..so IE is almost necessary as a standby.

adrianm1188
07-04-2007, 10:53 PM
oh hai dragon :P

phatphil
07-09-2007, 12:48 PM
Yeah I received one from Paypal. Paypal has a section on their site where you can turn them in. It's great.
I get those a lot too. I like to fill out fake info. on the forms such as you [at] suck.com for the email. I'm sure they enjoy it as well. :)

I got a eCard email the other day that linked you to a virus. I too get the PayPal scammers all the time.
I get those a lot also, the "greeting card from a classmate," open the link and it needs me to dl an .exe to view it. :dodgy:

I have tons of links that I've collected for years now with imperative info on them. Shall I lose all that because some don't like AOL? -

I've experimented with a couple others. One was uber slow, the other provided me with so many popups that most of the time online I spent getting rid of them. Then when I did, I got a popup from the provider complaining that I wasn't clicking the popups and would I be so kind to do so since they were sponsoring my free trial. What a calamity -
http://www.askdavetaylor.com/how_do_i_export_my_america_online_aol_address_book _and_email.html

IE7 can't compare to the functionality of FF..but some pages still refuse to work in FF..so IE is almost necessary as a standby.
Try using a user agent switcher, a lot of sites claim not to work with Safari or FF for Mac, but if you spoof the browser as IE 6.0 for Windows the site actually works fine.

HelpDeskHustler
07-09-2007, 12:52 PM
ie tab for firefox. IMO it's sauce of win