PDA

View Full Version : cant decide...UL or virtue..???

ttam13xlpb
07-03-2007, 08:35 PM
ok so im looking to either get the ul frame for my pmr or a virtue board i havent decided which one yet.i can get a new ul frame for $130 so either way would cost around the same.if i got the ul frame i would eventually get a virtue in it when i had everything else on the gun up'd.so my question is..get ul frame now,or get virtue and dom not get ul frame?

DRAGON
07-03-2007, 08:46 PM
Have heard positives and negatives about the UL frame. Some think it's uncomfortable, some don't. Personally, I never thought I'd like a composite frame but the stock frame is so comfortable I doubt I'd ever change mine -

Virtue boards are great but would you ever really use all that stuff on them? Have you added any ups at all yet? -

HelpDeskHustler
07-04-2007, 06:23 AM
i say ul beacuse it adds more value and people are more likely to buy it resaled. virtue has a better code than UL board... but nothing you'll notice imo.

Paradox313
07-04-2007, 07:32 AM
i say ul beacuse it adds more value and people are more likely to buy it resaled. virtue has a better code than UL board... but nothing you'll notice imo.

werd.

If you have the $ go for it.

ttam13xlpb
07-04-2007, 07:56 AM
Have heard positives and negatives about the UL frame. Some think it's uncomfortable, some don't. Personally, I never thought I'd like a composite frame but the stock frame is so comfortable I doubt I'd ever change mine -

Virtue boards are great but would you ever really use all that stuff on them? Have you added any ups at all yet? -
yeah iv got a few on it now,like virtue eyes,ul barrel,ndz slik trigger and cp on/off

vikingshadow
07-04-2007, 08:39 AM
Honestly, NEITHER of those are needed. IMO, if you buy a board for it, you're just through a big chunk of money into a gun that isn't going to make one bit of difference in shooting or comfort. The stock board is just as good as any other aftermarket board out there, with the modes and versatility that is needed.

Now, the ultralight frame is nothing but a comfort decision - it's smaller so fits smaller hands a bit better. It does come with a board, a better trigger, grips and the frame, so the price even's out. Again, the ONLY thing you're going to get with this is comfort, but if you go that route, at least it's giving you something the gun may or may not already have for you. I guess the resale factor is there as well, but I never go into buying a gun or upgrades thinking whether or not I'd be able to sell it later on at a higher price. I did go for the UL frame, and I like it - but I will say it's only because of the smallness of the grip and the way the trigger feels to me.

IMHO, I'd use that money to play or get something else - upgraded loader, pack, gloves, pants, paint, field fees, etc...

Tito=PBL
07-04-2007, 02:02 PM
Viking is right.
but if i had a choice it would deff get the virtue. the ul frame has pretty much the same setting that the stock board has. all though the ul is more cumfy

07-04-2007, 03:34 PM
I say a virtue because a board will affect performance not feel, if you don't like the UL then ur a bit screwed and thats money wasted
while with a board you will be happy with the results

ttam13xlpb
07-04-2007, 05:34 PM
the poll is tied right now so i guess both ways would be decent.im going to feel the ul frame and see if i like it next time im at my local shop and if i like it ill probably get it:D and yeah i guess it is pretty much a comfort upgrade and it look awsome:p .but if i dont like the feel of it ill probably just go with the virtue.still waiting to see how this poll turns out though:) .thanks for the help so far.

vikingshadow
07-04-2007, 08:58 PM
I say a virtue because a board will affect performance not feel, if you don't like the UL then ur a bit screwed and thats money wasted
while with a board you will be happy with the results

See that's just it - on this gun, a different board isn't going to change the performance any. It's got the PM7 board in it, which has 4 shooting modes, adj ROF, Dwell and ABS. Everything else you'd get with the Virtue board is just money spent. Don't get me wrong, I have a virtue in my Shocker and I love the board. However, it's not an upgrade on the PMR.

I agree on the frame statement though, and that's why I said neither.

newkid
07-05-2007, 05:29 AM
See that's just it - on this gun, a different board isn't going to change the performance any. It's got the PM7 board in it, which has 4 shooting modes, adj ROF, Dwell and ABS. Everything else you'd get with the Virtue board is just money spent. Don't get me wrong, I have a virtue in my Shocker and I love the board. However, it's not an upgrade on the PMR.

I agree on the frame statement though, and that's why I said neither.

so in that case, if you dont like the UL frame dont get anything

vikingshadow
07-05-2007, 06:36 AM
Exactly! Use the money for something else you need like what I said before...

applesauce
07-05-2007, 09:06 AM
semi, psp, millennium, NXL full auto......what else do you need? boards wont improve efficiency, or looks (unless you really like LEDs) If anything...get something like that L7 bolt or whatever, or a barrel kit. some of the external upgrades like back cap or feed neck, or a trigger

HelpDeskHustler
07-06-2007, 02:17 PM
L7 bolt is thought to marginally decrease efficiency unless used with a tophat mod. all it helps is to decrease kick.

ttam13xlpb
07-06-2007, 02:24 PM
yeah and i need the efficiency with my 3000 tank

HelpDeskHustler
07-06-2007, 03:07 PM
well... don't expect it from L7. Even TechT is saying to expect "equal" efficiency.

QAZ123
07-06-2007, 07:59 PM

Then don't buy either and get a bigger tank.

JB.

ttam13xlpb
07-06-2007, 09:44 PM
Then don't buy either and get a bigger tank.

JB.
im doing both;)

ttam13xlpb
07-06-2007, 09:45 PM
well... don't expect it from L7. Even TechT is saying to expect "equal" efficiency.
yeah thats what i mean...no need for the l7 bolt