PDA

View Full Version : halo or vlocity

spyderpilotacs05
07-03-2007, 06:34 PM
Which is better and why?

I know the vlocity says its faster but is it true?

and if i get the vlocity should i get the vlocity jr and the chip seperate or just vlocity?

if i get the halo should i get halo b with rip, v35 or just stock?

i know the wrath wont come even close to out shooting the hoppers but the egg has got to go, to back heavy, to slow and i dont want the z board seems pointless.

i want a new hopper because i want to get a better gun.

MVS1
07-03-2007, 07:05 PM
most important question is...how much you looking to spend. this will determin which is best suited for what your looking for. if you get the vlocity or jr. get the gangstar chip, if you get the halo then get one with rip and either v35, angry board or cheetah board (cheetah being the best and most expensive choice). bang for your buck would probably be the vlocity jr. w/ganster chip(~$30), x-mod motor ($8) and boost battery pack and charger ($70)...total right around $200. if the vlocity jr. does not have the capacity your looking for then you can replace them w/the vlocity shell. cheapest route would be to pick up a used up`d halo b (rip and v35 minimum) for cheap as possible.

tater_salad
07-03-2007, 07:11 PM
I would get a Reloader B I would choose it over a Halo anyday but never used a VLocity.

spyderpilotacs05
07-04-2007, 09:49 AM
whats the xmod moter for vlocity?

I want to satay in the range of 100. So i could buy a halo b with rip drive.

Which is better rip or belt drive?

HelpDeskHustler
07-04-2007, 11:39 AM
vljr + chip + mods.

vikingshadow
07-04-2007, 11:41 AM
Rip isn't a drive, per se. When balls get jammed in halos (as they are apt to do with that particular model) the RIP drive is the wheel underneath that you can manually spin forwards or backwards to unjam said balls. Also, this is good for when you're a dufus and forget to change your batteries before a tournament. Batteries run out, you can spin it to load.

However, I agree with what Tater Salad said - I prefer a Reloader B over the Halo any day - though this is an opinion and there are those that would disagree. I prefer the sound/vibration over sight feed, it comes stock with rip, and has a better stock board than the Halo stock. Plus, you can interchange the shells between halos and the reloaders....

Don't know much about the Vlocity loaders as I've never used them, nor do any of the people at my field use them. I guess you can get used to the looks, and a lot of people seem to like them, so they must be ok.

MVS1
07-04-2007, 11:49 AM
whats the xmod moter for vlocity?
repalcement motor, runs at higher rpm than stock motors, ~26,000 rpm vs. stock 9,000 rpm on halos. also works on reloader b, pulse and vlocities.
I want to satay in the range of 100. So i could buy a halo b with rip drive.
i picked up my halo b w/shocktech rip, feed cone, extended anti-jam spring, angry board and hybrid suicide shells for $70, shop around there are tons of deals out there.
Which is better rip or belt drive?
there is gear drive and belt drive (most feel belt is the better way to go, but that is arguable). rip drive is an upgrade that allows you to pre-load tension on the drive cone with a spring, it increases gate response speed as well as gives you the ability to feed about 10 or so balls manually by winding the speed drive in the event that your batteries die, eyes malfunction, etc.

hope that helps ya make up your mind.

Tito=PBL
07-04-2007, 01:58 PM
I always heard of the Vlocity being a better hopper than the halo, but i have never really tried either.
I like the look of the Vlocity.

BerzerkJester
07-04-2007, 10:43 PM
Having used both on my marker... I prefer the Vlocity above the Halo. The feature of adjusting the pressure on the stack of balls waiting to go into the marker is awesome. It makes all the difference if you are shooting fast. especially when shooting a rope of paint. It also seems to be more low profile. I have hit more halos than vlocities!