PDA

View Full Version : Regulators for my Pilot

homerj109
01-31-2006, 08:56 PM
Hi all, I have an electic hopper, and a J&J ceramic barrel and crossfire tank in the mail.

Now I am looking for a good regulator, any sugestions?

Also is it true you may have to do some drilling or buy another part in order to replace the stock expansion chamber?

SparkyGT
02-01-2006, 12:28 AM
so far have put on a torpedo regulator and changed the V/A with a stock spider unit- i opened up the passageways and drilled and tapped for a gauge. check the thread here to see pics

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=1122

homerj109
02-01-2006, 05:57 PM
Thats a nice looking setup you have there.

Is it necessary to drill or replace the VA?

SparkyGT
02-01-2006, 06:26 PM
The stock V/A passages are way smaller than an aftermarket Check IT, i kept the stock green colour appearance by using a V/A off another spyder that happened to be green that would accept a regulator, took a bit of drilling/dremelling work, The check it blocks are also 15 degree forward tilt and come in either black or chrome, the other reason i decided to do all the work was cause i shoot left and can see the gauge, where as the check its mount a guage on the oppposite side. I HAVE A TLX with a check it V/A on it, so was able to compare both stock and aftermarket that way

homerj109
02-01-2006, 09:05 PM
Personally I wouldnt want to go through all that. ....I am a lazy lazy man.

So what setup would require the least effort and money (I am cheap as well).

Is there any regs that will fit a stock pilot?

SparkyGT
02-01-2006, 11:10 PM
LOL i thought i was lazy too, but i have a well equipped but messy garage, you need to get rid of the stock V/A on the pilot(need one that a co2 bottle or regulator would screw into) nothing can be done with the stock pilot one i think, for my money i would buy the Check it or a trinity, one tilts the reg forward and the other backwards towards the trigger

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=J9fOSk78KGLO4A0diIIO4kQ1mHi3Q04iyMU=?Pro ductID=_Q3AqArbVHwAAAEJk2bsdwN5

As for regulator some allow the air to come in through the bottom and some through the sides(Torpedo Reg).

The other thing i picked up was a spring kit and am going to mill my valve then will be done the low pressure conversion

covert24
02-02-2006, 05:54 AM
dam man hope u dont screw anything up. i persoanally dont liker the feel of the trinity V/a(the one that tilts backward)

SparkyGT
02-02-2006, 09:58 AM
I have never tried how the reverse tilt trinity feels on a gun, the tilt forward-check it one is OK on my other gun

here is how the check it looks homerj

http://canadianpaintball.com/main/access/checkit/spyder.htm

homerj109
02-02-2006, 02:35 PM
Ok thanks!!

Any other products out there?

onelove
02-10-2006, 06:56 PM
I was wondering for those of you doing low pressure set up is a custom products regulator for compressed air good enough?

Also if not cp is the torpedo good for compressed air?
Otters help recomended!

ooglieboogliebob
02-11-2006, 11:35 AM
the cp is great for HPA and i think it only handles HPA great, but the torpedo takes hpa and co2 great ...

gailon24
02-11-2006, 01:00 PM
I'm fairly certain that the CP is only rated up to an output pressure of 600psi. Can someone verify for me?

Before I did any LP work, my spyder worked best at 700-750 psi, though that was with the stock valve spring, and a lighter valve spring might have done okay at 600psi.

onelove
02-12-2006, 03:29 PM
I was wondering about these for a low pressure set up. I've read nothing but good reviews on CP reg but it "is" kind of low psi starting out. Also is the CP a Macro line only or can it be steel braid line?

Ive got a piolt acs and am keeping the acs bolt and getting a maddman valve and the dark horizons striker (if i could find it) and some of the other stuff on otters website but i am stumped at a reg. I want looks (preferably black and sleek) and performance. Oh and where the line in goes in through the bottom.

Also i read a little bit futher on otters sight and saw a air america vigilante this one looks pretty good any comments?

ooglieboogliebob
02-13-2006, 09:30 AM
only macroline can be used for the cp reg because of the fitting's are different.

A good reg with a good performance is the torpedo which is black, but you can also get it in chrome .. which is usually more expensive

gailon24
02-13-2006, 12:22 PM
And the torpedo has a side fitting, if i remember correctly

(fixed)

onelove
02-13-2006, 12:32 PM
Thanks guys!! I ll be going with the bob long

ooglieboogliebob
02-14-2006, 01:21 PM
huh .... the cp reg has the macroline coming through the bottom, but the torp has the macroline coming out of the side of the handle i thought ....

gailon24
02-14-2006, 03:56 PM
Yup tnx

ooglieboogliebob
02-15-2006, 03:08 PM
hah yep, np always glad to help :)