PDA

View Full Version : Welcome me to 2003!

vikingshadow
07-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Well, as a lot of you know, I'm just not a gamer. I got Halo for PC after Halo II came out, haven't owned a game system since Super Nintendo back in the EARLY 90's...

Well, I've been hearing some talk about Call of Duty II, so when I was in the local idiot mart today (daughter had 10 bucks she wanted to blow for her birthday) I noticed that Call of Duty "Game of the Year" cough*2003*cough was on sale for 9 bucks, so I decided what the heck!

I've been playing this dayum thing since 3 this afternoon - and I finally forced myself to stop. World War II and multiple lives - the ultimate way to fight a war...This thing is pretty fun!

So, I welcomed my parents into the mid 90's with dialup internet last week, and now I'm moving into the early 2000's with games. Wooooweee! Banner week for me, LOL! So, say Happy Birthday to me and let the games begin!

HelpDeskHustler
07-02-2007, 08:44 PM
lolz i have that... got it for 15 bucks.

leed
07-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Ummm... Welcome to 2003?

JIGSAW
07-02-2007, 08:48 PM
Yeah, Call of Duty games are probbabbly the best for WWII. Number 1 and 2 were great, but 3 was kind of a let down. Now they are making Call of Duty 4 which will move away from the WWII setting and it will now be Modern Combat. So far it looks good, if not better than the first two. Just my opinion on the Call of Duty series.

marvin-martian
07-03-2007, 03:46 AM
if you want another good wwII game from that timeframe, look into return to castle wolfenstein.

HelpDeskHustler
07-03-2007, 04:46 AM
Yeah, Call of Duty games are probbabbly the best for WWII. Number 1 and 2 were great, but 3 was kind of a let down. Now they are making Call of Duty 4 which will move away from the WWII setting and it will now be Modern Combat. So far it looks good, if not better than the first two. Just my opinion on the Call of Duty series.
thats because number 3 was handled by a different studio. its back with the original for number 4 though.

vikingshadow
07-03-2007, 08:13 AM
Well, I had a blast playing it - I was going to finish it, but it was so dang long, I have to play again today!

The Russian part was MESSED up! Telling everyone they will have plenty of food, water, guns and ammunition to kill Germans, then sending me up a heavily defended hill with a clip of 5 shells and NO rifle to use them in....sheesh!

While I probably won't ever own an Xbox, 360, PS3 or whatever - I do like a good game on the ol' 'puter though. I was upset that Halo II requires Vista, but I think I found a new game. Has anyone played COD online? Is it any fun?

bamf-hacker
07-03-2007, 08:20 AM
I have my own CoD server and Vike if you want to play anytime let me know. I will fire up the server and we can play.

Welcome back to online gaming. Go buy a gift for your wife now, so when she gets mad you are always in front of the PC you can just give it to her. :)

HelpDeskHustler
07-03-2007, 10:39 AM
The Russian part was MESSED up! Telling everyone they will have plenty of food, water, guns and ammunition to kill Germans, then sending me up a heavily defended hill with a clip of 5 shells and NO rifle to use them in....sheesh!

i did almost all of the russian one on vet with 2 sniper rifles :cool:
no scope to the dome!

JIGSAW
07-03-2007, 10:44 AM
Call of Duty was one of the few games I could play for years online, without ever having trouble finding people. Make sure to get Call of Duty 2, just as good as the first except that the story-mode is mostly Britain in Call of Duty 2. Never really cared for their weapons.

vikingshadow
07-03-2007, 03:40 PM
I have my own CoD server and Vike if you want to play anytime let me know. I will fire up the server and we can play.

Sounds like fun! I tried online today - man, it's a LOT different than Halo online. People aren't nearly as talkative, either.

Maybe we could get a COD thing going, like the Spyder Chat thing. Lots of people from here to play. Either way, let me know what your server is and I'll be there!

Kenny_McCormic
07-03-2007, 04:22 PM
I have number 2 for the ps2 and the online mode is awesome when i can get it to connect.