PDA

View Full Version : My first Gun Help

JIGSAW
07-02-2007, 05:37 PM
Hey, Ive done some research, and have decided to get the VS3. However, I cannot figure out which loader to get. The one Im considering buying is the Empire B2, but would like to know if anyone knows another loader that would work well/better with the VS3.

mr1gunner
07-02-2007, 06:10 PM
If this is you're first gun I doubt you're going to be able to shoot that gun over 20BPS. The VS3 can shoot 30BPS, but we're not capable of that speed ... well at least I don't know anyone that can. I don't see a point in buying the Empire B2. My suggestions for you is the EVO3 and the Velocity JR.

JIGSAW
07-02-2007, 06:28 PM
Okay, thanks. One more question, what kind of Nitrogen Tank should i get?

vwjimmy
07-02-2007, 06:59 PM
Sorry to disagree, but I highly recommend the Empire B...as well as the VLosity. Feed rates for me are a simple rule...the faster the better! Plus, as you improve, you don't want to have to upgrade your hopper if you don't have to. If you have the means, get the Empire or VLosity.
As for the tank, make sure you get a HP tank (high pressure) so you have the most versitile tank possible. I really don't have a brand recommendation...
Good Luck and Welcome to the SOC/KUSA Forum!

mr1gunner
07-02-2007, 07:07 PM
Sorry to disagree, but I highly recommend the Empire B...as well as the VLosity. Feed rates for me are a simple rule...the faster the better! Plus, as you improve, you don't want to have to upgrade your hopper if you don't have to. If you have the means, get the Empire or VLosity.
As for the tank, make sure you get a HP tank (high pressure) so you have the most versitile tank possible. I really don't have a brand recommendation...
Good Luck and Welcome to the SOC/KUSA Forum!

I can understand your opinion and it does have its reasons. As for the hpa tank I recommend you buy Pure Energy tanks. They're the best! As for what ci/psi that depends on your budget. If you can give me that information I can give you a more precise suggestion.

JIGSAW
07-02-2007, 07:17 PM
Uh, let see... preferably under $100 for the tank

airicd22
07-02-2007, 07:33 PM
I personally think that Eloader in general arent that worth it, consider getting one of those gravity fed loaders that claim up to 12 balls a second and then see from that if you really need a eloader.thats what Im using and I guarantee youll never get hit on the account of you using a gravity loader. Thats just my opinion if you would rather not spend too much money.

clickclicksplat
07-02-2007, 10:43 PM
Uh, let see... preferably under $100 for the tank
A 48/3000 steely is probably going to be your only option for under $100. They're heavy and they don't hold a ton of shots, but they get the job done.

JIGSAW
07-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Ok, whats a decent one for not much over 100?

VS3 Sniper
07-02-2007, 11:11 PM
I like crossfire tanks they have the best regs on the market. u can prolly find a used one for 100-130.

tater_salad
07-02-2007, 11:40 PM
:yeahthat:
That's all I have ever used is Crossfire tanks.

As for a hopper get a Reloader B I love mine.

newkid
07-03-2007, 05:15 AM
A 48/3000 steely is probably going to be your only option for under $100. They're heavy and they don't hold a ton of shots, but they get the job done.
you can also get 72/3000 steel tank for under 100, it will be heavier but will get around 765 shots instead of 472 shots

Griff
07-03-2007, 06:58 AM
if you waight for a sale you can get an 88 4500psi or 72 4500psi tank for $170

mr1gunner
07-03-2007, 06:58 AM
I know this is way over 100, but if you can get a carbon fiber not fiber wrapped tank(68ci4500psi). These tanks are about 170, but they're light and they give you alot of shots. Plus they only need to be rehydrosted every 5 years unlike fiber wrapped. Heres a site : (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=FXGlY_CjBo2lyLYpQAFly_p3HQDBOSnpXTk=?Pro ductID=OkusFAY76rwAAAD372OlA_2t)
If you dont like this I think you should get a 72/3000 i have one like this it is heavy, but after a while you'll get used to it.

vikingshadow
07-03-2007, 07:53 AM
Welcome to the sport and the forums. Always glad to see new people join us. Feel free to ask any questions and explore this forum.

Well, I gotta say, there are several of misconceptions in this thread!

1st of all, on the loader thing, vwjmmy is correct. A good, fast loader like the Reloader B, B2, Halo B with aftermarket board, vLocity, vLocity jr, etc. are good, reliable loaders and well-worth the extra you pay for them. (Eggys are good as well.) The thing with the B2 is that it's totally adjustable for speed, pressure on the ball stack, sound (vibration) sensing, etc. It's a great upgrade from the Reloader B. However, if you already had the Reloader B and it works fine, then I'd be hard pressed to say you needed the upgrade. I also have a z-boarded eggy II that keeps up with my shocker quite nicely, though I prefer my Reloader B to it.

It's true, no one can shoot faster than 15-17 at a long consistant rate without electronic help, but as you get better and more consistant, a good reliable loader is a must. Also, if it says gravity feed anywhere in the description, DO NOT get it for an electronic gun. On that note, if it says QUANTUM anywhere on it, throw it and run away screaming!

Second, there are SEVERAL good tanks out there. PMI (pure energy) Nitro Duck, DXS, etc. are all decent tanks. I have a 68/3000 carbon fiber tank from PMI that I've had for 3 years now, and it's been a great tank with a fast recharging reg. I've also had a System X tank with an ACI Bulldog reg (carbon fiber 68/4500) that has served me well for nearly 3 years as well.

HOWEVER, both carbon fiber tanks that I have MUST be rehydro'd every 3 years (both mine are up this year - sucks, but yeah.) It is NOT guaranteed to have a 5-year date as was suggested. The best thing to do is to check the duration of the hydro before you buy it. Not all Carbon Fiber tanks are 5 year tanks, so don't assume they are because you'll get a surprise if you do.

Now, if you're limited in funds, you can get good steel tanks for less than 100 bucks. They're a bit heavy, and there are people out there who dog on them because they aren't as "cool" as carbon fiber or glass wrapped tanks.

Like I said, welcome to the forums and feel free to visit anytime - and ask, or help, with questions. We're glad to see ya!

bamf-hacker
07-03-2007, 08:15 AM
Glad you posted that Vike, I was getting my thoughts together in my head and saw that.

Welcome to the forums and enjoy your new marker.

Theheroguy
07-03-2007, 02:14 PM
don't get a pmi or b2 because nps owns them and they have shady buisness practices I would get a vlocity junior and a crossfire tank also pmi tanks in my experience are good most of them time but not all the time crossfire/dxs/cp tanks almost never have defective tanks
the vlocity junior is cheaper than a b2 and you can upgrade the chip if you want to give it the adjustment features of other loaders

JIGSAW
07-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Okay, thanks for your advice everyone. Ive decided on this set up.
Spyder VS3
Vlocity
Pure Energy 68ci/4500psi(that should work fine, right?)

Any further input would be great. Also, what exactly is rehydro?

samus129
07-03-2007, 07:45 PM
rehydro is when the tank has to be tested to make sheer it is still in good shop.

newkid
07-04-2007, 05:33 AM
Okay, thanks for your advice everyone. Ive decided on this set up.
Spyder VS3
Vlocity
Pure Energy 68ci/4500psi(that should work fine, right?)

Any further input would be great. Also, what exactly is rehydro?

sounds like a good setup

DRTHV8R
07-16-2007, 05:23 PM
for a tank i would second a crossfire - you'll want low pressure output tank so u can get the most shots out of it, for a decent price try to find one used that u won't have to rehydro soon otherwise save up and buy one new - probably 68/4500 lp would be good

for a loader that if u want to keep up to the max fire of ur gun, i would look at a halo b with rip and v35 board. the loader will do 35 bps and is adjustable if u don't want to use up as much battery starting at 17 bps. i think on actionvillage right now they are going for $125 which isn't bad compared to the b2's which retail higher

hope this helps

---edit---
sorry i didn't see multiple pages - looks like a good setup for further upgrades if u want look for drops or clamping feednecks, maybe a barrel. hope this helps too