PDA

View Full Version : Quick Questions

-The.Fallen
07-02-2007, 11:49 AM
So after a little while of playing paintball, I've finally gotten more into it with more of my friends wanting to play and even some of my family members owning their own guns and such, so I've decided that I'm going to get myself a VS2 either after this season is over or near the end of the season just so I'm able to break it in.

So after looking around abit I'm wondering what would be a good barrel for me to get as an alternate to my J&J barrel that I already have(BTW VS2 spyder threading for barrels is still the same right, so my J&J from my pilot should fit on it right?). I'm not really looking into 2 piece barrels because I'm really going to spend alot on different barrel ends so what would a good 1 piece barrel be for the VS2, I've thought about the likes of a Stiffi or maybe All American?

Also after getting a new barrel I was thinking of getting a drop forward, what would a good one be? Or should I go into upgrading something else first?

Any answers would be much appreciated. :)

spitfirocks
07-02-2007, 02:16 PM
instead of gettin the vs2 and upgrading, just get something better. I have a FULLY upped vs2, and no matter what i say, its still a spyder.

Critical
07-02-2007, 05:54 PM
If you're sticking with a 1 piece barrel, keep the J&J, it works just as well as those others, and you already have it. As far as the drop, it's personal preference, but keep in mind, the regulator is on the bottomline, so any drop you get, you would have to either get a drop that is compatible with the reg, or get an ASA, regulator, new macroline and regulator adapter to go with it.

EDIT: Another thing to consider is that the VS2 operates best with HPA, not CO2, so upgrading that, if you don't already use air would be something else to consider.

-The.Fallen
07-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Yeah I already have HPA, I'm fine with that. I was just wondering on a back up barrel to my J&J because I had read some spyder barrels don't fit on the VS so I wasn't sure. Do you know of any drops that is compatible with a reg?

Eh, I had looked around for other guns and nothing really made me want to get a marker too high priced even if I'm going to end up upgrading my VS2. I won't even end up upgrading it that much either so I'd rather go with the VS2 then a highly priced marker. But I'm not going to get it for another few months so my opinion might change from now but for now I'm still VS2.

Critical
07-03-2007, 05:40 AM
Kingman has a nasty habit of making their products not compatible what everyone else uses. Custom Products makes a nice drop called the micro razor drop that isn't too big and is available in like 8 colors and 2 finishes per color. I've used it in the past on other markers, and is the drop I'm going to eventually get myself. I do not know if the dovetail on the regulator will fit that drop or not.

-The.Fallen
07-03-2007, 08:08 AM
This one?

http://store.customproducts.us/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=133&categoryID=0

If so, that does look really nice. Hmm, wonder if it fits. I'll send an email to Custom and see if the drop is compatible with the VS2.

Well this Custom Products is a Spyder Razor Drop but theres more of a drop then the micro razor.

http://store.customproducts.us/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=11&categoryID=23

VS2 King
07-03-2007, 08:23 AM
Both of them wont work they aren't compatible with the dove tail.

-The.Fallen
07-03-2007, 08:46 AM
Both won't work? Even the second one that says it has a dove tail? Because I was looking at the other drops they have on custom products for the Spyder and they all had said it doesn't fit for the VS2 and VS3 besides that one.

Critical
07-03-2007, 08:51 AM
The website is probably saying that the drop won't fit on the trigger frame, not the dovetail. The Razor drop is okay, but feels and looks much bigger. The incompatibility is that Kingman makes their dovetail fittings an entirely different size than standard dovetails. I don't have a standard dovetail laying around at the moment, but I have the drop from an MR1 that doesn't fit the standard, and it looks like it's the same size as the VS dovetail.

-The.Fallen
07-03-2007, 12:58 PM
Yeah thats the only thing about that Razor drop is that it just seemed too much of a drop compared to the micro razor.

BTW @ VS2 King, how's your Smart Parts Barrel? I thought about one as a back up/alternate if I have extra money after.

-The.Fallen
07-12-2007, 08:56 AM
If I were to get this drop(which unless I'm mistaken is the Smart Parts Epiphany Angle Drop?) would I have to change the reg as well? Because that would mean I would have to change the macro line too and probably the chamber right?

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/2016/untitledhf3.png

VS3 Sniper
07-12-2007, 09:39 AM
As far as a good barrel there is a brand called deadly wind its a carbon fiber barrel like the stiffi but it takes freak inserts making it even more accurate. And its lighter than the stiffi. But its around $100 but its imo the best barrel on the market.

Critical
07-12-2007, 04:25 PM
I checked out that barrel, they don't list having any Spyder threaded barrels. Good looking barrel though, I like that it uses the freak inserts. I'd be all over it for the Mil-Spim if they had Spyder threads.

-The.Fallen
07-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Probably my last question for awhile because I think I've looked into everything I want to until I run into some problem with the VS2 itself.

Right now I'm using a...well you don't want to know what hopper I'm using right now lol. But I'm wondering, price is an issue for me with this, whats a good hopper with the VS? I don't really have the money to be spending over a hundred on the hopper to get something like a halo. So I was looking at possibly the Eggy 3 or the Odyssey Halo TSA? Since money on a real good hopper is an issue for me.

Kenny_McCormic
07-18-2007, 08:26 PM
eggy 3 is way better than a tsa cause its force feed