PDA

View Full Version : Death of an American Icon

vikingshadow
07-01-2007, 09:01 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287553,00.html

One of my most favorite super heroes, Captain America, was assasinated by a sniper as he entered the Federal Building after refusing to sign a document that would reveal his secret identity. He is to be buried in Arlington National Cemetary.

What's interesting is they are spreading this story out to many other heroes in the Marvel Comics series - Wolverine, Spiderman, etc...VERY similar to what it did when Superman was killed back in the 90's (yes, I have that series and the series on his return...)

Will he return from death? Hmmmm, interesting to see the relationship between the current political system and war and the relationship to this comic...

Drefish99
07-02-2007, 06:41 AM
They killed Captain America!!! You Bastidg!!!!

I agree with your association with our current political system and the war and the relationship to this comic. It will be interesting how this pans out.

newkid
07-02-2007, 07:10 AM
OH NO! :eek:

HelpDeskHustler
07-02-2007, 07:23 AM
is this some kind of political commentary?

vikingshadow
07-02-2007, 08:23 AM
Not by me, but definitely could be by the author of the comic.

By killing of Captain "AMERICA" he could be saying that America itself is about to die...

STRIKEFIRST
07-02-2007, 09:17 AM
The heart of our country is being smothered by the yuppie latte sipping soccer parents of this world.

Oh crap gotta run...my daughter has a "play date" and I need to stop by starbucks on the way to get a pick me up...my daughters soccer game where they don't keep score so noone gets there feelings hurt was a nail bitter and wore me out! :dodgy:

VS3 Sniper
07-02-2007, 09:35 AM
Nnnnnnoooooooooooooo.

HelpDeskHustler
07-02-2007, 10:35 AM
Not by me, but definitely could be by the author of the comic.

By killing of Captain "AMERICA" he could be saying that America itself is about to die...
or saying that the American dream is dead. etc. sounds fishy to me ... i say we lock the writers up and force them to tell us, or maybe pass some gag clause in the constitution to void this 5th amendment thing :dodgy:

durrell
07-03-2007, 08:45 AM
The heart of our country is being smothered by the yuppie latte sipping soccer parents of this world.

The man speaks the truth.