PDA

View Full Version : Electric shaver

colonel_moo
07-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Well, after being on an island with very limited utilities for a week, i realized that the people who had electric shavers were having a much easier time shaving than me trying to shave with my mach 3 over a little 2.5 X 3 mirror with no sink. so i decided to go out and buy an electric shaver for these situations - aka when i dont feel like shaving for real. so i went out last weekend shaver shopping, and they were more expensive than i had hoped... 90 bucks for a decent one that i've heard of. i decided to scratch the idea and just live with my manual razor. my GF had to stop into CVS to get some miscellaneous crap so i followed her into the shaving isle for some shaving cream. i saw this little bugger up on the wall:

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/41MSVB7092L._AA280_.jpg

it said right on the package that it was a 'battery operated pocket shaver for on the go' or something like that. sounds like just what i was looking for. i look at the price tag, and what do i see? $18.99. WHAT? i looked at it again. i thought to myself that it must be crap for such a cheap price, but i decided to give it a try anyway, since the package was advertising almost exactly what i went shopping for to begin with, and if it didnt work at all... bah, its only 20 bucks right?

i get home and slap the duracell batts in it (came in package) and fired it up. wow, this thing works great! i never expected it to get so close! it took a couple more strokes than my razor to get everything, but i think not having to use shaving cream is better!

plus, this thing is completely waterproof! you can shave in the shower if you wanted to! plus it has a trimmer for sideburns, mustaches, etc.

bottom line, this thing is the definition of bang for buck! if you dont already have an electric shaver, i highly recommend you pick up this little gem. although i must warn you, my facial hair isnt exactly thick, so if you have a thick beard, it may not work as well for you as it does for me.

if you are one of those people who cant leave the house for anything, here it is on amazon (although you will probably end up paying more for shipping) http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B00022K48E/ref=s9_asin_title_3-1966_g1/102-7024990-0096928?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1Y5Z33JP06DMZ29T4JDJ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=278240301&pf_rd_i=507846

Hossy
07-01-2007, 07:45 PM
I like mine-

shaving cream ftl

ricochet08
07-01-2007, 07:59 PM
sounds good man :D
i prefer electric shavers anywho (only because i've never used anything else :p )

p.s.
If i buy this, im blaming it on you :)

spyderpilotacs05
07-02-2007, 05:48 AM
i dont like those they give me in-grown hairs.

shaving cream for me

shunut
07-02-2007, 06:14 AM
:yeahthat:

My face looks like it was attacked by a shark if I use an electric razor. I've tried several different electric razors and pre-shaving lotions, as well, that were designed specifically for use with electric razors.

I don't love saving cream and a razor but they don't tear my face up like electric razors do.

HelpDeskHustler
07-02-2007, 06:21 AM
razor + water. shaving cream is lame.

STRIKEFIRST
07-02-2007, 08:20 AM
razor + water. shaving cream is lame.

When you grow up and get real whiskers you'll appreciate shave cream. ;)

HelpDeskHustler
07-02-2007, 09:33 AM
When you grow up and get real whiskers you'll appreciate shave cream. ;)
I got me real whiskers, I'm just not a little girl about it. Water -> shave -> rubbing alcohol to get that soap crap off of my face. rly.

STRIKEFIRST
07-02-2007, 11:19 AM
I got me real whiskers, I'm just not a little girl about it. Water -> shave -> rubbing alcohol to get that soap crap off of my face. rly.

Wow I fully expected you to not take that as a joke :D

I use to use just soap...whiskers got to thick...brand new razor last 2 shaves if i'm lucky.

HelpDeskHustler
07-02-2007, 11:42 AM
bleh @ soap too. I think I may switch over to shick titanium razor cuz this gillette has sucky blades.

bamf-hacker
07-03-2007, 07:51 AM
Dry shave with a razor. My facial hair grow so fast I shave at 5am and by 2 i have a shadow. I have 2 little bald spots on my jaw or else I would have a full beard.

I have been dry shaving so long that it does not even phase me.

shunut
07-03-2007, 08:17 AM
Thats manly. My face sees the razor coming dry and it starts to burn before I even touch it.

vikingshadow
07-03-2007, 09:23 AM
I can't use electrics, although I wish I could. When I finish, I have the grey shadow that looks like I need a shave.

Shaving cream, two blade razor and hot water in the shower for me. Then I follow up with Proactive wash afterwards and rinse - saves me about 15-20 minutes every morning. Hot water from the shower keeps the beard ready, and then just stick your face in the water to rinse off.

I've dry shaved before, and I won't do it again UNLESS I have to. I'm like you, Dan - shave at 6:30, ready to do it again at 2:00 - kinda sucks!

HelpDeskHustler
07-03-2007, 09:34 AM
Dry shave with a razor. My facial hair grow so fast I shave at 5am and by 2 i have a shadow. I have 2 little bald spots on my jaw or else I would have a full beard.

I have been dry shaving so long that it does not even phase me.
chaser w/ rubbing alc... its a rush :rolleyes:

Nenkitsune
07-03-2007, 10:27 AM
lol i was just using disposable single blades for a while till i got tired of them. i don't even rember what i have now..a shick maybe. i hate shaving cream haha. too messy and not worth my time.

LostCause
07-03-2007, 11:59 AM
i use the Fusion, it works amazingly (the manually one, no power lol)

Electrice razers....eh....idk, just personal preference i guess.

splater18
07-03-2007, 12:16 PM

me too

Charfizcool
07-03-2007, 11:46 PM
I can't use electrics, although I wish I could. When I finish, I have the grey shadow that looks like I need a shave.

Shaving cream, two blade razor and hot water in the shower for me. Then I follow up with Proactive wash

uhh do you mean like proactive the acne cream stuff. Cause my dermatologist said after 3 months of use your face will suddenly have a massive breakout and you'll be worse off than you were before. not that I use it...seriously.

HelpDeskHustler
07-04-2007, 05:22 AM

those blades dull sooo fast. i have the one with gentle vibes :rolleyes: