PDA

View Full Version : Paintball ban in IL

QAZ123
01-31-2006, 03:08 PM
http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=42095&st=0&#entry481347

vikingshadow
01-31-2006, 03:15 PM
Didn't read the whole link, but it looks like it's targeting milsim markers and "look alikes." Don't think it's a ban on paintball, just that aspect.

Wouldn't surprise me if Oklahoma falls suit soon. Appears they are trying to pass legislation to ban the use of 4 wheelers for people under the age of 12 because another kid got hurt bad (possibly died.) With the increase of "Wal-mart" guns being sold and kids shooting each other's eyes out, wouldn't doubt paintball is far behind...

FredPo
01-31-2006, 03:17 PM
This would suck for kingman since they just came out with the military style markers.

Fred

bomberpilot07
01-31-2006, 03:19 PM
Didn't read the whole link, but it looks like it's targeting milsim markers and "look alikes." Don't think it's a ban on paintball, just that aspect.

Wouldn't surprise me if Oklahoma falls suit soon. Appears they are trying to pass legislation to ban the use of 4 wheelers for people under the age of 12 because another kid got hurt bad (possibly died.) With the increase of "Wal-mart" guns being sold and kids shooting each other's eyes out, wouldn't doubt paintball is far behind...
omg this is getting ridiculous....... kids need supervision if they have any type of gun, weapon, firearm, paintball gun, even a bat or knife :tongue: its the parents faults there kids are hurting each other because they dont give a flying **** until they get hurt.... nuff said

geeZus
01-31-2006, 03:23 PM
I'm pretty sure IL banned paintball guns in public long ago. I remember a thread about this back on OSKUSA.

Edit: Read the article, this is different. At first I didn't want to click on a specops link. :dodgy:

I guess this means we need to fire all the IL mods if this goes through, since they won't be able to play anymore. :p

covert24
01-31-2006, 03:29 PM
they can not ban kingman productys. its impossible. ever read the side of the ESP frame???? didnt think so. thats why its there. so if anyone tries to file a law suite on kingman for some dumbasses death or injusry all they have to do is point to the frame and they win. and if ur the kind of person who sands the anno right off the ESP frame then u cant file a law suite since it has nothing to do with kingman.

LMAO Its called *Operator Error*

DRAGON
01-31-2006, 03:38 PM
Sounds like a part of the liberal disease has affected Illinois. Hide your firearms boys, they'll be next -

jcrazyjj
01-31-2006, 03:38 PM
omg this is getting ridiculous....... kids need supervision if they have any type of gun, weapon, firearm, paintball gun, even a bat or knife :tongue: its the parents faults there kids are hurting each other because they dont give a flying **** until they get hurt.... nuff said

damn well said, bomber. it is 100% true, i have grown up w/ guns my whole life and i have nothing but respect for them and what they can do, and i thank my parents for teaching me that respect so i can teach my future kids the same. it is the parents/gardians fault not the sport or product.

Moe
01-31-2006, 03:47 PM
What the hell.....I have to go ugh. no time to read it. Ill read it and flame when I get home...Stupid IL.

Drefish99
01-31-2006, 06:47 PM
Actually this is a very serious note. They are banning "replica" firearms. This is such a super soaked bill they are trying to pass that it really does not define what they consider "replica". It can include anything paintball related because anything paintball will have a frame, a barrel, and shoots a propellant and an object. Sucks living in a state predominantly controlled by left wing gun hating nuts. What to do now. We have to find out and send some letters to the people in power. If this happens to my state you can pretty much bet that your state will be next. Again we need to strike fast and start writing some intelligent letters to our elected officials.

ttink
01-31-2006, 06:49 PM
Wow, this sux.... I gots a centerflag tank. Will they still be able to service it and stuff like that? Sux for all u Illinoisians too...

geeZus
01-31-2006, 06:50 PM
I think it only bans the sale in IL. If you send them something to work on it should be no problem. And they can probably sell outside of the area. If I am not mistaken...ActionVillage is based in IL.

vikingshadow
01-31-2006, 07:10 PM
Maybe that's why AV is going down hill - fast! I used to like shopping action village, but lately - meh....

Recon by Fire
01-31-2006, 07:25 PM
I agree that "replica" is worrysome. Who will decide what a replica is just how much of a comparison is made??? Iliinois sucks, I know, I grew up there....and promptly left just as soon as possible :)

My favorite AGD is also in IL, wonder if it will affect them...

Xecutiv3
01-31-2006, 09:04 PM
"purchase, possess, use, sell, give away, or otherwise transfer, or to engage in the business of selling, or to exhibit for sale..."
This is a business crippling statement to say the least, and companies like Actionvillage can't just uproot and move to the nearest Republican state.
So this will ban Pellet guns, Paintball guns/paint, Airsoft guns/ammo, and how far can "similar to weapons designed and manufactured for military purposes" go. Does this mean Civil War replicas are illegal?
If this passes, there will be no way to determine who has which illegal item. I can't do much seeing as I'm from another state, but my advice is to spread word to Nation, and all the different online communities

ttink
01-31-2006, 09:30 PM
My favorite AGD is also in IL, wonder if it will affect them...
Ya, this also crossed my mind. Hopefully.

DRAGON
01-31-2006, 10:07 PM
.......... If this happens to my state you can pretty much bet that your state will be next.....

Don't know why, but I'm feeling pretty secure in the south lol - ;)

BallerX
02-01-2006, 08:55 AM
Following the link to the actual bill status on the spec ops forum, here is house amendment #1:

Deletes everything after the enacting clause. Amends the Criminal Code of 1961. Provides that it is unlawful for any person to use any replica rocket propelled grenade launcher, bazooka, artillery piece, grenade, mine, bomb, or items similar to weapons designed and manufactured for military purposes or replicas of those items in a threatening manner. Provides that a violation is a Class A misdemeanor.

So this mean it becomes a misdemeanor to use any of the above listed "in a threatening manner".

Sounds like they're trying to make it illegal for you to threaten someone with a replica firearm. So, IF I'M READING THIS RIGHT, you should be fine so long as no one you're playing against in IL decides to press charges.

The first amendment shown above was listed today, February 1st. Maybe some of the calls and e-mails did some good...

DexGtr
02-01-2006, 09:22 AM
GOD BLESS TEXAS...hey dre...come on in the water's fine. :D

rowdyroper2003
02-01-2006, 10:49 AM
GOD BLESS TEXAS...hey dre...come on in the water's fine. :D

yeah, if they ever try to ban guns/firearms in texas, we'll just go back to being our own little country...

bomberpilot07
02-01-2006, 10:53 AM
yeah, if they ever try to ban guns/firearms in texas, we'll just go back to being our own little country...
:tank2: :yeahthat: woot

chubb0rz
02-01-2006, 11:00 AM
And that is when I move back to the home land :)

DJ Katt RMX
02-02-2006, 12:33 PM
bah, leave it to ignorance. oh, and of course, stupidity

geeZus
02-02-2006, 12:55 PM
And that is when I move back to the home land :)
Don't you mean hop over the fence back to the homeland? :p

durrell
02-02-2006, 12:56 PM
Don't you mean hop over the fence back to the homeland? :p

:lol: :lolsign: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:

This forum requires that you wait 45 seconds between posts. Please try again in 22 seconds.

:( :( :(

MatthewTheTheif
02-02-2006, 01:15 PM
idk if you guys noticed, but they also had something that said it was illegal for any firearm to have a loading device that could hold more than 10 rds, um..last i checked hoppers were around 200, so unless you play SC with 10rnd feeds, you might wanna write a couple letters

BallerX
02-02-2006, 01:32 PM
Already been amended boys.

spyderpaintball
02-02-2006, 03:01 PM
Already been amended boys.
Thats what i thought.

Recon by Fire
02-02-2006, 08:10 PM
10 rounds? They trying to be Little Cali??? :(

DFSniper
02-03-2006, 01:53 AM
man, you guys think you have it bad, over here you have to have a permit to carry a pocket knife bigger than 3 inches! and if you shoot over 7 Joules (about 214 fps) its considered a firearm, which has to be kept in the arms room of a gun club...

Recon by Fire
02-03-2006, 11:35 PM
Paintball Nazis....oh, wait....Oops! :)

That's just Big Brother making sure you are happy sheep. :(

DFSniper
02-05-2006, 02:21 AM
lol, thats pretty much what we've started calling them around here.*

*disclaimer: before anyone starts going psycho about me calling Germans Nazis, i just want you to know that i'm German.

Recon by Fire
02-05-2006, 11:38 PM
Just be careful overthere when you call someone that, you are likely the one to get in trouble!

Some of the restrictions that some countries, states, cities, put on paintball and such are just ridiculous. One local town here in Texas just banned firing airsoft guns! That town just so hapens to be the home of one of the paintball fields that is popular with the airsoft crowd. Oops!