PDA

View Full Version : PMR tophat mod

Tito=PBL
06-29-2007, 10:05 AM
I saw this on the nation and thought i would share.

link: Here (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2243710)

I tried it on my PMR and it did seem to lessen the kick and sound a little. it also seems to help the accuracy. I was shooting at a tree 80 feet away and i was getting pretty much ball on ball.
I dont know how much it helps in consistancy and efficiency though, i don't have a chrono and my tanks are empty. I was running my PMR off of my compressor at a 120PSI.
The FPS did seem a little less then before though. I fix that by turning up my regulator.

PS: this is my first thread!! :)

vikingshadow
06-29-2007, 11:03 AM
I mentioned this in another thread, but I'm gonna say the same thing they did over there - until I see REAL numbers, I'm going to stay skeptical. All I'm seeing right now is that it "seems" to be ok and it "might" reduce kick and noise.

In that light, I also "seem" to be 6 ft 5 with an amazing head of hair and bullet proof, and feel like I have abs of steel, but until you see pictures of me, that's all it is....

paintballer5646
06-29-2007, 01:38 PM
All this mod does is raise the operating pressure of your gun. With the reg set at 145psi the gun shot 282fps +-3 w/o top hat mod. With the tape it would drop to 265fps +-5. So if you want to void your warranty and have a gun that is harder on paint this mod is for you.
He works for DYE. I'm probably not going to do this mod. My PMR shoots fine how it is.

pbfreak3221
06-29-2007, 02:51 PM
Yeah they are discussing it further on the matrix owners forums.

HelpDeskHustler
06-29-2007, 03:48 PM
meh... pmr will still be loud.

DRAGON
06-29-2007, 03:57 PM
meh... pmr will still be loud.

Are you a sniper? - :o

If it aint borkted, don't fix it. Christ, no one can make a bolt that significantly improves anything, how is someone wraping tape around the manifold going to improve anything? I give em an A for effort anyway -

Hossy
06-29-2007, 04:38 PM
In that light, I also "seem" to be 6 ft 5 with an amazing head of hair and bullet proof

You seem- I am :p

Tito=PBL
06-30-2007, 07:31 AM
I think what i like most about this mod is that is it turns out terribly wrong all i got to do is remove the tape which is easy to do.
Doing this mod did lesson the kick and noise on my PMR.
This mod was so simple to do that i thought i just would try, and i am very happy with my results.

Dont get me wrong though i am not pushing this on anyone.
and if i sound like i am flaming, i'm sorry i didn't mean to.