PDA

View Full Version : I need ur profesional opinon!

Angel69
01-31-2006, 02:29 PM
ok, ive been looking at new barrels for my '05 pilot acs and have narrowed it down to two....

this evil barrel, ive heard many great things about the evil company and know they make some top of the line products but am not sure.
http://www.anythingxtreme.com/Evil-Driver-Barrels-P4738C905.aspx

or this dye ultralite, i have also heard about this barrel being very well and dye is a great company also.
http://www.anythingxtreme.com/DYE-Ultralite-Barrels-P13160C905.aspx

my question is this...if u could pick either barrel (money not an option) which would u pick and why?:confused:

id aprecciate this ALOT and thanks alot for ur help!!!:) :) :p :D :D :cool:

FredPo
01-31-2006, 02:31 PM
If you are serious about paintball and play tournies, get the ultralight. If not, get the other one. Dye Ultralight> almost all other barrels.

Fred

covert24
01-31-2006, 02:32 PM
Dammit Fred. u beat me:bawling:

well my professional opinion *clears throat* i would personally get the ultralite barrel by Dye. the reaosnw hy iw ould get this is ebcause the ultra lite barrels have a amazing reputation and they shoot dead straight. ive never heard of that evil barrel. go with the ultralite.;)

TacTownKilla
01-31-2006, 02:32 PM
If moneys not a option(which i wish it wasnt for me) then a Barrel kit would be your best bet. Smart parts makes the freak which is a nice kit, as well does Evil(Pipe kit), Empire and cp.

homerj109
01-31-2006, 04:08 PM
I would go with the J&J full tilt ceramic or ceramic barrels.

I have a one piece ceramic on the way.

I have read allot of great reviews about them.

http://www.pbreview.com/products/search/q/?q=J%26J

These are cheaper than the dyes and other barrels but allot of the reviewers who have both say the J&J ceramics are better or about the same as boomsticks but cheaper.

And they have teflon coating so it cleans itself. I have heard that if u do get a ball break u can just keep on shooting and it will clear itself.

If u want u can even go to some of the dye barrel reviews and u can see a number of people saying not to waste your money when u can get a better one for less.

mv540
01-31-2006, 04:26 PM
The 2 you named are good barrels, but i think that the evil barrel will look sweet with your acs;)

*EM1-Master*
01-31-2006, 04:33 PM
If moneys not a option(which i wish it wasnt for me) then a Barrel kit would be your best bet. Smart parts makes the freak which is a nice kit, as well does Evil(Pipe kit), Empire and cp.
Actually, that's a common misconception... Many, if not most, tourney players use one overbored barrel, quite often an Ultralight... UL is, bar none, one of the best barrels out there... An overbored barrel will, at the expense of a little efficiency, greatly reduce the chance of breaking a second ball after one chop or break... I'd suggest the UL over anything else out there...

chubb0rz
01-31-2006, 04:44 PM
Honestly I use a UL on my proto and to date I have not had a ball fit loose or to tight. Its a .690. I've shoot everything from white box to hellfire :)

But freak barrel systems are also a really good choice.

DRAGON
01-31-2006, 04:48 PM
... An overbored barrel will, at the expense of a little efficiency, greatly reduce the chance of breaking a second ball after one chop or break...

The only thing you omitted to mention there is large bored barrels also sacrifice accuracy as well but when you're throwing pods and pods at 15 - 20bps, accuracy is second concern anyway -

chubb0rz
01-31-2006, 04:50 PM
silly drago...they dont allow over 15 :p but your right which is why i'd rather fit my paint to bore instead of overboring

Angel69
01-31-2006, 05:06 PM
thanks alot for the tip on the JJ ceramic. ill take a look at that one also. is the jj ceramic about that same as the UL? cause the UL is what im leaning towards purchasing right now and it sounds like its like the best barrel there is but is this JJ about the same?:confused:

and has anyone used the evil barrel? i agree it would look bad ass on my gun lol and evil who makes the evil pipe kit is a VERY good company but that still doesnt mean there barrel is good if no one has ever tested it. :p

well thanks for the help everyone and hope u can answer those quesitons also

Angel69
01-31-2006, 05:23 PM
oh and just for the record... at xpaintball the jj ceramic is 59.99 and the UL is only 55.99

chubb0rz
01-31-2006, 05:31 PM
oh and just for the record... at xpaintball the jj ceramic is 59.99 and the UL is only 55.99
Actually that is 55.99 for just the back...not both front and back

aodsnyper
01-31-2006, 06:30 PM
the UL is the way to go. get a .692 diameter back and your set. all of the tips are interchangeable. i've got all three UL backs for my marker (.684, .688, and .692) and even though it might come in handy to have all three, you really only need the one.

they look great, feel nice weight wise, and the manufacturing is second to none. to me the choice is not whether to buy a DYE or XXXXX, it's what color and finish to choose... LOL!

justin

DRAGON
01-31-2006, 08:07 PM
silly drago...they dont allow over 15 :p ..........

Silly Chubbs......who is they? When I play, they are not there and no one lays out any rof boundries. Tourney ballers alway bring up that 'they' thingy lol. They do not exist in recball -

*EM1-Master*
01-31-2006, 08:19 PM
Since you're asking about the Driver, it's loud, and doesn't shoot out broken paint as well as UL does... Get the UL... ;)

PandaTruenoGTS
01-31-2006, 08:34 PM
I have a Pilot ACS and my choice was the Ultra Light but I couldnt afford it so I settled for a Dye Proto instead (a lil cheaper) and its great! Rarely breaks paint but when it does, shoots through breaks great. Better than any other barrel I'v ever used.

chubb0rz
01-31-2006, 08:37 PM
Silly Chubbs......who is they? When I play, they are not there and no one lays out any rof boundries. Tourney ballers alway bring up that 'they' thingy lol. They do not exist in recball -
You are so right, and those are the tourny ballers i despise. #1 Reason i only use my gun on two modes whenever on any field. PSP or Semi thats it.

gailon24
02-01-2006, 07:49 AM
I wanted to try out the evil driver as well so I picked one up a few weeks ago. Well, if you read carefully some of the PBreview posts, people say there are some "problems" with the threading not going in all the way into the spyder. Well this was a HUGE problem for me...it didn't even thread halfway in! The o-ring area was about 1cm out of the end of my frame.

That and my brother has an autococker threaded evil driver for his bushy and it honestly IMO performs worse and breaks more than his stock barrel (even w/ good paint match).

Needless to say I returned the evil for a full refund w/o even attempting to shoot it and got the J&J ceramic.

Oh and BTW...J&J only $30 at AV.

J&J ceramics at AV for $30 (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/BrowseCatalog-Start;sid=__xoW0atnj1oDAVNKF2o80wLQA-wwd2vkW8=?CategoryName=paintball-paintball-barrels-j--j-precision-barrels-j--j-ceramic-barrels)

Angel69
02-01-2006, 02:38 PM
everyone i thank you alot for ur comments and replys.:) and i have narrowed it down to looking for either a UL or the full tilt JJ ceramic.
but since i am having to chose between those two id appreciate it if anyone had any personal oppinons on these two barrels.:D

thanks again everyone!!!!:D :) :p

TheRedBarron
02-01-2006, 03:00 PM
Actually "they" could be referred to as insurance companies (I know mine doesnt allow over 17 BPS) but no one ever listens to them anyhow. :p