PDA

View Full Version : MR2-Problems with uncocking

slim and shady
06-28-2007, 05:34 PM
Hello,
I am new to these forms but have read alot of posts. I am having troubel with my MR2. I have stock internals, other then a spring kit and shim kit, but even with 100% stock internals I have the same problem. I use an Evolution III with Z board and it feeds 23 bps. My MR2 maxes out at like 12 or 13 bps in full auto so the hopper should be more then enough to support it, but the gun still regularly uncocks itself. i thought this may be the ACS working but with a hopper that has that high of a feed rate I shouldnt have that kind of trouble. just for kicks I decided to compress the spring in the bolt more to break it in more, but it should be well broke in, and I still have the same trouble. Can anyone shed a little light on my situation?
Thank you

Critical
06-28-2007, 06:15 PM
If the hopper is feeding well and the bolt is broken in, the next thing you sould probably look at is your air supply. If the marker is consistently not recocking, you might not have enough air pressure getting to the marker, or, due to either the spring kit or the shim, you might not have a long enough dwell time.

Voodoo27909
06-28-2007, 09:50 PM
MR2 Full-Auto, and the EggI, II, or III DO NOT play well together. Im pretty certain that is what is causing your re-cock issue (I ran the Egg for a long time on my MR2 before switching over to the Empire). You can get away with non-aggressive Semi while using the Egg.....but Full-Auto, Aggressive trigger "Walking", and Burst are pretty much out of the question. Gotta have true force fed hoppers for that. Check out some of the other threads in the "MR Series" section for further info on hoppers.

Welcome to the forums.

jimmythefoot
06-29-2007, 12:57 PM
i have the egg three and it was not putting enough pressure on the balls when feeding so i would have the recocking issue happen every 5-7 balls shot usually.
put my valve and main spring inside flashlight tubes and stuck 1 battery to compress them and left them like that for 3 days.
next i stuck a butter knife into the slot of the acs bolt for also 3 days.
bought the reloader B hopper.
now it could have just been the hopper that fixed the problem but it don't really know. breaking in my spings couldn't of hurt.
i now have no recocking issues with my MR2.

kind of odd though cause i have a VS3 and it shoots fine on burst with my egg....i think it's cause of the shorter feedneck allowing faster feeding for the balls, tats just my guess.

oh ya welcome bro

slim and shady
07-06-2007, 05:09 PM
First of all, thank you to everyonw who responded to my post, I apreciate it. Im sorry it took me so long to write back I have been SO busy lattly, but I do apreciate it. Thank you everyone for the advice and I will look into exploring everything that everyone mentioned. Last question though, why do you think the Egg series and the MR2 dont get along?

Voodoo27909
07-06-2007, 09:26 PM
Because the Egg is not a force fed hopper. The MR2 likes to be force fed due to the bolt, and the possible (and likely) blow by at the bolt when it fires, causing air to go back up the feed neck...resulting in a chop.

Ozlo23
07-10-2007, 12:08 PM
i dunno guys - ive been using the MR-2 with a Evo III for a real long time and i havent had the problem, - but then again im not a spray and pray player and i dont ever use full auto or burst unless im like right next to the enemy and need the extra speed.....

im more of a sniper - i origionally had the uncock problem when i first bought it - i just drilled a tiny hole in the back of the feed neck and i dunno why that helped but you can feel the extra air coming out the back blowing on your face and i have never had a chop since.....

since then i just bought a new feedneck and popped on the Egg III and its still not having an uncock problem - i think you guys just need to experiment with your guns and by a new feedneck or hopper

slim and shady
07-10-2007, 06:18 PM
thank you to eeryone who responded.