PDA

View Full Version : New pump project done......finally

Muddytaco
06-28-2007, 03:41 PM
Well as many of you probably noticed bamf has my old pump now, sold it with the intent of buying a CCM S6. After thinking about it for awhile I decided to skip the S6 and go with something alittle more custom and something you don't see very often, this is what i came out with.

'06 Black magic body
Karnivor reg
Killa detent
Dust black CCM A/T pump kit
DP lever on/off (not here yet, sold my last one and i miss it so i picked up another one)
Also picked up a couple of sportshot hoppers, running my deadlywind barrel and crossfire tank.

Pics:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/muddytaco/DSC00292.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/muddytaco/DSC00294.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/muddytaco/DSC00293.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/muddytaco/DSC00295.jpg

I just got it all put together today and I already love it. Except for the semi PITA cutting the pump arm, re-tapping the threads and lining everything back up it wasn't that hard. The A/T kit is amazing, super smooth and the frame is very comfy. Looking forward to sat. practice with pumpenstein:)

Future plans.....welding up the eye hole and anno.

Kenny_McCormic
06-28-2007, 03:54 PM
http://funkyheart.com/images/stories/Borat/verynice.gif the clear pump handle looks great

Critical
06-28-2007, 04:03 PM
Your other pump was better. Does the 90* frame feel wierd?

vikingshadow
06-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Wow, I was seriously looking at a Black Magic Pump on eBay yesterday.

Cool pump!

Tito=PBL
06-28-2007, 05:30 PM
looks nice. i prefer your other pump though, but it is still very nice.

I love the flame down the sides!

VS3 Sniper
06-28-2007, 05:43 PM
WOW I didn't think it would come out that good when u described it to me and my bro on aim. But I guess I was wrong that thing looks sick. One question is it as smooth as ur old orracle?

applesauce
06-28-2007, 06:18 PM
nice paint!

Ace24
06-28-2007, 06:32 PM
Another Cocker?

MR2 Woodsballer
06-28-2007, 06:46 PM
Looks Sick!!! Always nice to be in the loop. Especally with the stuff you buy..lol

spyderpilotacs05
06-28-2007, 07:32 PM
your other pump was better..... but i bet i wont be saying that for too long

HelpDeskHustler
06-29-2007, 07:08 AM
whoa... I don't think "premium websites" like you posting their pictures around the internet for free. ;) clear is off a bit, but otherwise this is HOT!

leed
06-29-2007, 10:20 AM
Future plans.....welding up the eye hole and anno.

Might not turn out so well, you will have inconsistent results with the anodizing since the quality of the aluminium will not be consistent in the weld. What you may want to do, though, is press fit some aluminium rod into it. And then thread a 4-40 aluminium screw made of the same quality for the Eye cover screw, and cut off the head and sand it (after you loctite it in, of course).

Looks good though! What were you thinking about for the new anodizing?

bamf-hacker
06-29-2007, 11:20 AM
Woot the other pump is now mine... kate loves her new owner btw :)

Nice Job Taco. Cant wait to get the frame from you when she goes up for sale.

QAZ123
06-29-2007, 11:40 AM
Nice.. I like the black/silver fade better than my black/red fade.

I wouldn't plug the eyehole. Just make an uber cool eye cover.

JB.

Muddytaco
06-29-2007, 01:27 PM
Might not turn out so well, you will have inconsistent results with the anodizing since the quality of the aluminium will not be consistent in the weld. What you may want to do, though, is press fit some aluminium rod into it. And then thread a 4-40 aluminium screw made of the same quality for the Eye cover screw, and cut off the head and sand it (after you loctite it in, of course).

Looks good though! What were you thinking about for the new anodizing?

Actually I can weld it with the same 6061 aluminum.

Nice.. I like the black/silver fade better than my black/red fade.

I wouldn't plug the eyehole. Just make an uber cool eye cover.

JB.

Never thought about that, I 'll mess around with that first and see what i can come up with.

brsport102
06-29-2007, 02:26 PM
wow nice i rlly like it alot :P i gota question to on some pump painball guns they got a tube for a hopper that only holds like 10 paintballs whats the point of those why not use a ragulare hopper?

QAZ123
06-29-2007, 02:42 PM
wow nice i rlly like it alot :P i gota question to on some pump painball guns they got a tube for a hopper that only holds like 10 paintballs whats the point of those why not use a ragulare hopper?

I could hardly read that but I'll answer anyway. It's mostly just preferance. My old team we were strictly using stick feed markers such as phantoms for no other reason other than preferance. It was nice going onto the field so light you could move and snapshoot like no other!

My new team is strictly snipers with hopper feeds. While it is bulkier you can shoot more paint and put more on targets which is sometimes necessary.

Just a preferance call. I would never leave my new team but someday I imagine I'll be back on a team running a vsc phantoom.

JB.

Oscum Guy
06-29-2007, 05:55 PM
nice, but the other is better.

newkid
06-29-2007, 06:05 PM
I really like the flames on it

ricochet08
06-29-2007, 08:53 PM
that beast is hot :D

Protan
07-09-2007, 08:47 AM
What is the advantage of a pump compared to a semi-auto?

HelpDeskHustler
07-09-2007, 09:04 AM
shoot less, play pump tournies.

vikingshadow
07-09-2007, 09:39 AM
What is the advantage of a pump compared to a semi-auto?
shoot less, play pump tournies.
Costs are WAY down, I normally only shoot about 200-500 paintballs a weekend as opposed to two cases a day! Less air used also.

I think it helps with skill as you are facing people who are shooting multiple balls at you at a time, and you have one shot to get the job done. Forces you to think, forces you to aim, etc.

It's much lighter than carrying a heavy semi around - I practically feel naked when I play pump - very liberating! :p

You get to be known as the "pump guy" at your local field, solidified by the fact that when you pull out the pump, the regulars grown....

It's cool!

Protan
07-09-2007, 09:50 AM
So no real advantages besides playing in pump tournies. Ok.

vikingshadow
07-09-2007, 10:14 AM
Ok, did you read my post? There are several advantages, the least of which is to play a different style that really makes you work and learn, and is much more exciting than toting a semi in a semi-shooting world - trust me, getting people out with a pump while 5 different people are shooting 15 bps gunning for you makes you feel pretty darn successful.

However, since it's hard to read internet sarcasm, I'll assume that's what you meant, otherwise, if you wanna be a putz about it, I guess there wouldn't be an advantage for you.

HelpDeskHustler
07-09-2007, 10:16 AM
I'd be lucky if i shot a case a day... with 2200psi fills i'm at the fill station most of the day.