PDA

View Full Version : what paintballs

brsport102
06-28-2007, 01:48 PM
im thinking about geting hotspot paintballs i no not to get brass eagle monster balls but i was thinking about hotspot because they come with 2000 paintballs for 30 dolors :P any thoughts and if not hotspot tell me what i can get at a cheap price :P

vikingshadow
06-28-2007, 02:49 PM
Nelson Hotspot? Good paint - my team used it as practice paint. It does tend to stain (at least the green paint did.)

Kenny_McCormic
06-28-2007, 02:58 PM
Hotspot sucks balls. Its like shooting rocks they are so hard they never break past 100 feet even on hard objects like trees. The fill is very dark in color and very thin it soaks right into clothing the white fill is slightly better than the rest. I once shot some hot spot at a tree from 40 feet away all of it broke but i thought i was missing the tree because the "orange" fill was so dark you couldnt sed it on the tree.
For cheap paint ive heard good things about Zap although i can never seem to find any of the cheaper stuff. I mainly use RPS super swirl the fill is thicker than hot spot and its a bright green color not a neon green but you can see it on trees and camo unlike hotspot. Because it uses RPs shells it always breaks on target and never in the barrel. Ive never seen super swirl in 2000 round cases but a 1000 round box is $18 on sale at my local Dunhams the normal price is $30 but ive never seen it not on sale. Whatever paint you decide to get remember to open the box before you buy it pull out all of the bags and make sure the paint isnt dimpled and there are no broken balls.

vikingshadow
06-28-2007, 03:02 PM
Are you sure you're talking about Nelson Hotspot? Nelson has the thickest fill of any paint out there, all their different levels of paint, and Superswirl, in my own experience, has only been slightly thicker than water.

The Hotspot we used broke on contact nearly 8-10 times, was thick (hence the stains I have on my jerseys and pants) and definitely were not hard. IN fact, Nelon paint has ALWAYS fallen in my top 5 brands of paint.

ZAP on the other hand, is crap.

Kenny_McCormic
06-28-2007, 03:28 PM
idk maybe I got a really really really bad batch. A guy i know bought a case a few months before i got mine and he claims they were exactly the same thin nearly clear fill and hard as a rock. Im pretty sure im talking about nelson hotspot
http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/6/17818273590.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5821892)

spyderpilotacs05
06-28-2007, 03:30 PM
i like monster paint for my spyder. It works just fine for me.
or jt tactical are ok or as in ok i mean just as good as the monster balls.

I only use cheepo paint from wally world when i play woodsball with friends.

pbfreak3221
06-28-2007, 03:33 PM
I actually love monster balls when I'm just casually playing. They do have pretty thin fill, but overall I don't mind them.

Critical
06-28-2007, 04:01 PM
Nelson Anarchy. Thick fill, easy breaks, decent price, cool name :D

paintballkid0206
06-28-2007, 04:21 PM
i'm changing over from Monster balls to White Box. DXS paint is good too.

clickclicksplat
06-28-2007, 10:12 PM
I use monster balls, they're not too bad for $30 a crate. They're rather accurate. The fill kinda sucks though, if you're playing with honest people it's not a problem. Under absolutly no circumstances should you use any other BE paint though.

I really like scorch and visible impact, but pink fill is illegal at my field so I can only use it when I play at a friend's house.

The only RPS paint I've ever used is marballizer, and it was without a doubt the worst paint I've ever shot. Nowhere around here sells Draxxus stuff.