PDA

View Full Version : wisdom teeth?

HelpDeskHustler
06-28-2007, 01:39 PM
So I got four pulled this morning... IDK what all these people are *****ing about, the IV was the worst part IMO and it didn't bother me much, basically it was the only pain I felt. And when I came to I was with it enough to take off my shoes, then sarcastically ask one of the nurses "If you're going to sell my kidney I better get half." Aside from minor dizziness I'm all better now, but I have a question for you guys who have had them pulled. I've been putting gauze in my mouth and biting down gently by doctor's orders, but honestly I never saw my doctor so I don't know it it's unusual for the gauze to come out with a little blood on it. Anyone here know?

I'm sorry I wont be as wise as you are used to for a bit.

Team Ramrod
06-28-2007, 01:45 PM
nope, not unusual. you just had teeth pulled from your jaw, there will be a little bleeding for a bit, but it will stop. Also, make sure to do the salt water rinses so it doesn't get infected.

marvin-martian
06-28-2007, 02:12 PM
what did the nurse say after your remark?

HelpDeskHustler
06-28-2007, 03:05 PM
she ignored it, then i passed out again and when i woke up she told me while i was out i took off one of my shoes.

applesauce
06-28-2007, 03:06 PM
i had mine out a while ago (the IV anesthesia was the best experience of life ) and i used to use new gauze about every hour, that stuff gets really slimy and pink, so the blood is a normal thing while the wholes in your mouth heal up, dont use straws or suck on anything because you will get dry socket (exposed nerve ending) and those are really painful from what i hear.

HelpDeskHustler
06-28-2007, 03:07 PM
nope, not unusual. you just had teeth pulled from your jaw, there will be a little bleeding for a bit, but it will stop. Also, make sure to do the salt water rinses so it doesn't get infected.
I did that before surgery along with taking two fist sized pills that were antibiotics, but I'll do what you said to be safe... since I love the taste of salt water. :rolleyes:

Team Ramrod
06-28-2007, 03:08 PM
lol, good. They gave me this curved tipped plastic syringe that you apply the salt water right to the wound. Might want to find something like that, just in case rinsing and swashing the water in your mouth hurts to much.

HelpDeskHustler
06-28-2007, 03:17 PM
nah, I'm a hard guy... but the anesthetic did give me this awesome idea for a project gun. anyone PM me if you have access to milling supplies, otherwise I'll have to buy something expensive

Elfmaze
06-28-2007, 08:44 PM
were you're teeth still under the gums or exposed? i'm 24 and going for mine now. they fit in my mouth but i guess they were too hard to brush and they need pulled anyway

vikingshadow
06-28-2007, 09:10 PM
I still have all mine, but my wife's had her's cut out. It was quite the fun time messing with her for awhile when she was still out of it!

Mine are mostly covered over, and I play hell when I get food like popcorn stuck under there. But the doc said I didn't need to have them cut out. I've been blessed when it comes to teeth. So far, only three cavities my entire life, and I've been not-so-nice with them.

Of course, there's a big knock knock knock on wood there!

Ace24
06-28-2007, 09:21 PM
I still have all mine, but my wife's had her's cut out. It was quite the fun time messing with her for awhile when she was still out of it!
That sounds horrible...

But I've only got two wisdom teeth. The dentist was shocked... I've only had 1 cavity in my life and it was on a baby tooth. :mumble: Stupid halloween candy...

vikingshadow
06-28-2007, 09:25 PM
Ah, but you're just a young pup! I didn't get those 3 cavities until I was in my 30's....Take care of them now, my young padowan. Save yourself the hassle later on down the road!

Ace24
06-28-2007, 09:29 PM
Oh! Forgot to add.

The gause... don't just take it out. Make sure to put water on it first, or saliva under it. You'll re-open the wound if you just yank it off due to it sucking up the moisture of your gum.

I used them when I had a Herpse in my mouth for my bleeding cheeks. Removing that was very painful... :(

HelpDeskHustler
06-29-2007, 08:01 AM
were you're teeth still under the gums or exposed? i'm 24 and going for mine now. they fit in my mouth but i guess they were too hard to brush and they need pulled anyway
3 were "impacted" which is not exposed. 1 was partially impacted and costs less because half was out. Unfortunately since it had more root in, it hurts the worst and bleeds the most (not a lot). I could have bought a SL 74 for what my parents/insurance paid to have something that wasn't bothering me removed.

on a side note: I brush about 5 times a week, and have never had a cavity. Generally I brush when I have something important or feel like it's been too long. Usually it's pretty thorough... since I use 3 kinds of mouthwash type things (Listerine advanced cleaning Listerine whitener,then the new Listerine teeth hardener after brush and floss), floss and brush for like 3min straight and floss. I'm actually trying to brush more often, but I'm lazy and they're surprisingly white. My dentist said he was amazed.

the gauze doesn't ever stick to anything, it usually slides around since it's the gross tasting (safe) non stick. Vike -- I'm not very trusting when it comes to being uncoscience since my friends like to play pranks, so I have a variety of ways to come back faster or make it look like I'm more with it than I am.

--another side note, I apparently bit the nurse's finger lightly and chuckled when she was putting gauze in... I don't remember this at all.

Hoppy11
06-29-2007, 03:23 PM
You only brush five times a week? Thats not a good number...

Also, the surgery part is the easy part. Now comes the hard part eating/not being able too. No matter what you eat it hurts and you have to eat. I also remember that I couldn't open my jaw very wide at all for like almost 2 weeks I think.

HelpDeskHustler
06-29-2007, 04:52 PM
Yea, 5 times a week. No cavities, no yellow. It doesn't hurt at all... it may be the oxycotin, but i just ate a bag of chips with no problems.

Team Ramrod
06-29-2007, 06:34 PM
Make sure your keeping an eye on it. You may think your toughing it out and it's not hurting you, which it may be, but it could also be the drugs talking and you could be doing some damage which you're not feeling due to the drugs. Just make sure you have an eye on the bleeding and take a peek once in a while to make sure everything looks good.

HelpDeskHustler
06-29-2007, 07:14 PM
Make sure your keeping an eye on it. You may think your toughing it out and it's not hurting you, which it may be, but it could also be the drugs talking and you could be doing some damage which you're not feeling due to the drugs. Just make sure you have an eye on the bleeding and take a peek once in a while to make sure everything looks good.
About every hour I get a tiny little dab that I can taste, I put some gauze / tissue in there and it usually turns out to be just a tiny bit.

colonel_moo
06-29-2007, 08:33 PM
haha, thats actually quite the coincidence. i just got my 4 teeth out yesterday too! they haven't been bothering me at all either, i just hope i dont get drysockets!

HelpDeskHustler
06-29-2007, 08:44 PM
haha, thats actually quite the coincidence. i just got my 4 teeth out yesterday too! they haven't been bothering me at all either, i just hope i dont get drysockets!
don't bust the stitches, and do your salt water rinses and you should be fine

ricochet08
06-29-2007, 10:05 PM
I recently had surgery. The IV was GR-R-R-R-EAT!!! (sue me tony the tiger :p) So was the laughing gas :D I've got 2 videos of how out-of-it I was after the surgery. Everytime i watch it i can't help but to laugh. The weird thing is, I olny remember asking for my phone, the rest is a blur.

I had to get to baby teeth pulled out, they cut the gums up to find the adult teeth and bonded a bracket onto each with gold chains hanging from them so that they could be pulled down.

Eating was a problem for me. All i ate was potatoes and apple sauce. I had a few shakes, but i couldn't use a straw :(

Pain wise...eh, it wasn't bothersome. It got me out of a few chores around the house though :D My jaw was swollen for about 2 days though. People kept asking me if I got jumped :p

Beware the dry sockets!!! Don't talk alot if you can help it.

But all in all, it's all worth the laughing gas and IV :D i've yet to get my wisdom teeth pulled, but they keep telling me it's gotta be done eventually. Can't wait!!!

Nader
06-30-2007, 04:08 AM
The drug they gave me was awesome. I could still respond to everything they said to me apparently, but I have no recollection of any part of the surgery. Wierd.

All mine were impacted.

I threw up blood when I got home. Three days later I had braces put on.
I never HAD to use any vicatin, a couple of ibuprofen did the trick for me, but I still used the vicatin. :shrug: :D

HelpDeskHustler
06-30-2007, 08:01 AM
Three days later I had braces put on.
wow, i'd be kicking some dentist ass if i were you

ricochet08
06-30-2007, 08:56 AM
I threw up blood when I got home. Three days later I had braces put on.

I threw up blood as soon as i tried to stand up :p
but I had the braces on during the surgery :(
I feel ur pain man