PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk Paint!!!

FredPo
01-31-2006, 09:53 AM
Alright, I"m looking into some new fields and one field I'm interested in playing at allows you to bring your own paint. I've never bought paint off the internet so I'm doing some research and I thought I'd start here with you guys. So, I'm looking for a good paint that's pretty cheap. I'm familiar with name brands just don't know which is good for the price. I dont' want a paint where I can expect a couple of breaks in a hopper. NOt what I'm looking for. Looking for good recball/tourny paint that's cheap. Thanks guys, lets discuss.

Fred

geeZus
01-31-2006, 09:56 AM
X-Ball Bronze, Draxxus Midnight...Procaps FTW

I don't use any paint other than Procaps. We shot X-Ball Gold at World Cup and it shot great. If you want good practice paint - Draxxus Competitive Edge. It might not break as much, but you won't get barrel breaks and it flies fairly straight.

QAZ123
01-31-2006, 10:05 AM
Procaps FTW.
Who makes Procaps is that the brand of the company or the brand of the ball!

Evil now that they got there s*** back together!
Diablo is good paint for the most part little on the small side though!

Is empire paint any good? I can get it dirt cheap right now from an overstocked proshop that had to shut there indoor field down!

I like the wax based Proball it's sweet as you just can't get it off of ya lol!

JB.

chubb0rz
01-31-2006, 10:14 AM
Procaps is the company. They own Draxxus and Xball. Both have several lines of paint.

I used to use Empire Fuel for practice on my old team. Its a hit or miss type paint. The fuel we got was really greasy and would get all inside your gun, but it might have just been the batches we got. But it did shoot good though.

BallerX
01-31-2006, 10:18 AM
Marbalizers - FTW.

I've been shooting Marbalizers for 10 years now and I've always loved it. My pro shop's selling it at $45 a case. Not sure what they're going for online...

FredPo
01-31-2006, 12:08 PM
What does the competitive edge go for online, anyone know off top of their head?

Fred

geeZus
01-31-2006, 12:23 PM
Draxxus White Box - $32 at www.firstcallpaintball.com
4 cases = $132 shipped - most companies don't include paint in free shipping - so thats paying $5 for shipping, and paint is heavy. Good deal

Edit: oh yeah, white box = comp edge.

covert24
01-31-2006, 12:37 PM
hey is draxxus blaze paint good?

vikingshadow
01-31-2006, 12:37 PM
I like Xball bronze - cheap, straight shooting and usually really round. I also like PMI paint (premium though.) I like the Formula 13 stuff also.

Santy
01-31-2006, 12:46 PM
i like diablo formula 13 and procaps midnight, we get it real cheap from a proshop here that sponsors us, basically tounrey grade paint for practice paint price. We were using them both in like 40 degree weather with no problems

geeZus
01-31-2006, 12:53 PM
midnight is no where near tourny paint. It has a problem of breaking all the time. I've run through a rope of it and bounced all of them. We used midnight at practice and paint was bouncing off bunkers. Fields at Cup looked like the berlin wall with all the paint on them...thats tourney grade paint. It is very good practice paint and good rec paint though.

claustrophobia9
01-31-2006, 01:15 PM
whoever asked- yes blaze is good. empire always jams 4 me. i sold the bag to some kid who it worked fine for (figures) and bought diablo forumula 13 (1 step above procaps whitebox/competitive edge) and got no problems. prcaps > all. if you want something different get gap banana balls.

ShadowX
01-31-2006, 01:22 PM
i have shot 3 cases of nelson hemmorhage paint and its GREAT. always breaks on target, and NEVER in the gun or loader/pod. 3 cases through the ion and not ONE barrel break/chop or loader/pod break.

i bought my first case for 60 bucks at my local feild and then the next 2 cases i ordered from pbgear and NONE of them were broken upon arrival. not oily at all either. perfectly great paint, i will continue to use it until i get a bad case, which i dont think is going to come.

so ya its 38 bucks a case at pbgear, if you get 2 cases and like a 4 dollar sticker sheet its free shipping. lol, or swab, w/e your preference, lol.

so ya my vote goes to the hemorrhage.

heres a linky:

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/BrowseCatalog-Start;sid=lruw72ORwhSx6SBOdNJwR2k3npZ1Jrrb3vM=?Cat egoryName=paintball-paintballs-nelson-paintballs

theres only solid shell colors, but that really doesnt matter, the pink is UBER UBER bright, i mean VERY bright. and the cheaters wont be wiping this stuff:waytogo:

FredPo
01-31-2006, 01:33 PM
awesome, thanks guys. I'm glad to be buying paint from the internet now, much cheaper then my old proshop who forced us to use their paint.

Fred

geeZus
01-31-2006, 01:33 PM
procaps > all. .
Diablo isn't made by Procaps. Procaps is Draxxus and X-Ball, Diablo is an NPS brand. Procaps and NPS have NO relationship so I doubt Procaps is making Diablo for NPS, Diablo is their old brand name which NPS bought.

geeZus
01-31-2006, 01:37 PM
so ya its 38 bucks a case at pbgear, if you get 2 cases and like a 4 dollar sticker sheet its free shipping. lol, or swab, w/e your preference, lol.
$80 = Free Economy shipping. Economy can take up to 2 weeks depending on where you are. There is no way I would have paint shipped economy.

FredPo
01-31-2006, 01:39 PM
So, when you buy paint online, do you pick your bore size. I always overbore (shoot either a .691 or .693) so I need to make sure I'm buying small enough paint.

Fred

geeZus
01-31-2006, 01:42 PM
You can't pick bore size on the paint in the shop, so I guess you can't online. I shot comp edge with a .692 UL.

JDubalo7
01-31-2006, 02:02 PM
orderpaintball has some cheep paint here is the link http://www.orderpaintball.com/detail.aspx?ID=826

vikingshadow
01-31-2006, 02:12 PM
i have shot 3 cases of nelson hemmorhage paint and its GREAT. always breaks on target, and NEVER in the gun or loader/pod. 3 cases through the ion and not ONE barrel break/chop or loader/pod break.

i bought my first case for 60 bucks at my local feild and then the next 2 cases i ordered from pbgear and NONE of them were broken upon arrival. not oily at all either. perfectly great paint, i will continue to use it until i get a bad case, which i dont think is going to come.

so ya my vote goes to the hemorrhage.

theres only solid shell colors, but that really doesnt matter, the pink is UBER UBER bright, i mean VERY bright. and the cheaters wont be wiping this stuff:waytogo:

I have to agree with Shadow here, it's thick, hard to wipe and breaks easily on contact. It flies straight most of the time, We have it as our team practice paint (through sponsorship.)

But I don't like playing against people shooting it at me. It stains like a mother. Several of my teammates wore their tournament uniforms this weekend to practice and now they have stains from it. My practice uniform is stained both orange and green from it - we decided a long time ago to stay away from the pink because that would be murder on the clothes!

QAZ123
01-31-2006, 02:14 PM
Nelson and Proball are both real bad about staining!

JB.

FredPo
01-31-2006, 02:16 PM
so I'll be checking out this hemorage paint for sure, I appreciate all the help guys.

Fred

*EM1-Master*
01-31-2006, 03:55 PM
I shot Hemmhorage through my Timmy last week... To be quite honest, it wasn't the best paint I've ever used... But yeah... I'd definitely suggest X-Ball Bronze over it for the price...

FredPo
01-31-2006, 04:00 PM
I shot Hemmhorage through my Timmy last week... To be quite honest, it wasn't the best paint I've ever used... But yeah... I'd definitely suggest X-Ball Bronze over it for the price...
So, what do you recommend for a timmy that's a decent price?

Fred

*EM1-Master*
01-31-2006, 04:05 PM
...X-Ball Bronze? lol :p Silly nonreader :p

timbertiger20
02-02-2006, 06:31 AM
Add another for me for Hemmorage. Our field owner sponsors us at $23 a case! Can't ask for much better paint........also very long shelf life!

ShadowX
02-02-2006, 03:11 PM

get over it, every paint i order and that i think is good you have to think sucks, hemmorhage PWNS!!!!!

38 a case hemmorhage compared to 50 as case bronze. isnt really in the same price range. so ya i think i would keep 12 bucks and live with like 5 dimpled balls per bag.

dude, hemorrhage is great, evan's alias would chop marbles if you put them in there, i swear every time i see that gun it chops, lol.

geeZus
02-02-2006, 10:41 PM
dude, hemorrhage is great, evan's alias would chop marbles if you put them in there, i swear every time i see that gun it chops, lol.
That's the dumbest statement I've ever heard. That gun didn't EVER chop when I had it. One of his chopping problems was he had a detent missing. Other than that he used crap paint. X-Ball Bronze is $42 on PBGear. I'd rather spend $4 on it that Hemmorage and get some quality paint.

Procaps FTW. No other paint should even be considered. I want to move to FL and play with chubby because he is on a Draxxus sponsored team. My next team will have to try to get a sponsorship from them, because thats ALL I want to shoot is Procaps paint.

timbertiger20
02-03-2006, 08:39 PM
If you follow that logic......add $4 and get xball gold!

*EM1-Master*
02-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Lol I think the trial with nub's paint showed fairly well that it was the paint... I replaced the detent right after the first time I used it, and got it set up to perfection... Paint+relatively rough gun=teh choppssss... But with my new Shocker, even the Karnage shoots well! AMAZING... Hemmorage shoots AWESOME through Shockers, but I still suggest Bronze for Timmies...

FredPo
02-05-2006, 07:01 AM
I think I'm going with Draxxus White Box. I've always shot white box through my timmy with no problems. Plus at $32 a case, can't beat that for just practice. When it's tourny time, I'll buy a better paint though.

Fred

bamf-hacker
02-06-2006, 03:47 AM
I like Xball bronze - cheap, straight shooting and usually really round.

:yeahthat:

X-Ball has not let me down yet. The only thing I don't like about bronze is the light purple fill. The orange and green are ok though.

HacKeR

QAZ123
02-06-2006, 11:42 AM
Are those yellow pmi all-star's the same as the green all-star's?

JB.

QAZ123
02-10-2006, 09:38 AM
Are those yellow pmi all-star's the same as the green all-star's?

JB.

Nobody loves me!:(

JB.