PDA

View Full Version : Update for you all

TheRedBarron
06-27-2007, 04:15 PM
Ok fellas, I don't really know how to say this so I am going to jump right to it.

Shanna was given roughly 6 months.

Now here is the thing, stats, odds, etc. are nothing to the two of us, if we didn't enjoy going against the odds neither of us would be here. I am going to keep a very real idea of what is actually going on here while at the same time, keeping a very positive look on it, we have every intention on pulling through this, our goal is to extend the 6 months, and then eventually beat this, I plan to shake the Dr's hand and tell him he was wrong, we will get through this.

TRB

From Shanna:

All of your thoughts and prayers have been appreciated up to this point, what I know as of now is that we did not catch it soon enough. The cancer has started spreading, and it is spreading fast. However I still have control over my emotions, and over my mind state at all times, and I am a very firm believer in mind over matter so that is a good first step, I have a loving family that is here for me, I have loving friends in every one of you, and we thank you for that support. It really means a lot to both of us. Thank you all.

:angel: Shanna~

06-27-2007, 04:47 PM
we know you can beat this,
you're in our hearts and prayers

BrianT
06-27-2007, 05:01 PM
good luck, hope that everything works out. you are my thoughts and prayers as well

Maxx-Damage
06-27-2007, 05:38 PM
Good luck, and prove the doc wrong.

newkid
06-27-2007, 05:51 PM
I hope you guys can push through this, in my thoughts and prayers

Tito=PBL
06-27-2007, 05:57 PM
You guys will pull though this, and I am praying for the two of you.

Jegger24
06-27-2007, 06:00 PM
Doctors are like weather forecasters...

YOU GUYS WILL BEAT THIS! My neighbor was given 6 months with her cancer...that six months was up over 8 years ago! She proved the doctors wrong just like you will Shanna!

Your family will forever be in my thoughts and prayers

MR2 Woodsballer
06-27-2007, 06:04 PM
You both are in my thoughts and prayers. I know you can pull through this. My mom is a nurse she has told me before that the ppl in the ICU/ER that dont give up do the best in treatment. Keep an open mind and you will be ok. You guys might want to even go get a second option.

vwjimmy
06-27-2007, 06:10 PM
All of our thoughts and best wishes are with you all. Anything we can do...anytime...
My fathers wife was given about the same time frame seven years ago and she is still with us and doing OK so don't loose that spark, that fight, or the love....you guys can do it!
~Jim, Susan and the boys

Sandman_Bravo
06-27-2007, 06:35 PM
Best of wishes to you both.
I had a friend who's father developed prostate cancer. (I know it's a different cancer, but hear me out) He went to an herbalist who put him on a special diet (after looking at his eyes; that's part of the diagnosing= kind of like a palm reading but more realistic) and within a years time it shrank down and he's been fine for several years now. the doctors wanted to cut out his prostrate, and told him he'd die of cancer if he didn't. The point?... don't take no for an answer and don't be afraid to look at other types of healing. God bless, and good luck.

bigred76
06-27-2007, 10:59 PM
Much love to you both, and your family! You both know that I'm rooting for you, and keeping you in my thoughts. You can do this. As I once told Matt: it isn't in you, Shanna, to quit to anything, much less cancer. You'll pull through and go on, it's only a matter of time until that can happen. :)

When you see the doctor, tell him I said to shove his 6 months crap up his ass. He obviously doesn't know who his patient is. ;)

Darkh2o
06-28-2007, 04:37 AM
You are in my family's thoughts and prayers! Keep thinking positively. You can beat this!

pbgrandpa
06-28-2007, 04:59 AM
Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.

STRIKEFIRST
06-28-2007, 07:03 AM
Your family is in my thoughts and prayers aswell.

You can beat it. My friend was never supposed to walk again...he was hiking in the mountains in new mexico 4 months later...Your wife is right...mind over matter and a great big heart.

Team Ramrod
06-28-2007, 01:49 PM
Wow, I"m sorry Shanna. You have the right attitude, and you WILL be strong enough to beat this. Good luck, and i hope you pull through this.

Warnichek
06-29-2007, 08:59 AM
praying for both of you. B a fighter and whoop this, we know you can.

applesauce
06-29-2007, 09:18 AM
give that cancer one of these!!!!

xsgmike66x
07-01-2007, 09:33 PM
You will prove them wrong, nuff said...

ricochet08
07-01-2007, 10:49 PM
Best of wishes and good luck!
You guys will definitely pull through this :D

xtraking
07-05-2007, 10:18 AM
Wow i get back and alot of stuff has happened. My close friend had leukimia last year and now its like she has never had it.
Ill be praying for you guys, and there is no doubt that you all wont make it though this!

Shanna
07-05-2007, 08:27 PM
Thank you all so much for your words of encouragement, it really means a lot to both Matt and I, we are both hanging in there. To know that there are so many people who hardly know us at all, that have prayed for us, and thought about us so much really means a lot to me. Thank you all again.

:angel: Shanna~

shunut
07-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Its good to see you post, and good to be chatting with you on AIM. You know if you ever need anything, you can always catch me on there.

DRAGON
07-05-2007, 09:48 PM
Hey, what's up mama Shanna? If you can kick Matt's hiney, I know you can kick this temporary slow down. We <3 ya! - ;)

Drefish99
07-06-2007, 08:04 AM
Hey, what's up mama Shanna? If you can kick Matt's hiney, I know you can kick this temporary slow down. We <3 ya! - ;)

Werd. hang in there beautiful. We are praying for you. :)

bamf-hacker
07-06-2007, 08:14 AM
pfft kick this, no problem for Shanna.

Chin up and kick Matt every once in a while to make you feel better.

it works for us ;)

:nutkick: > TRB

If you need ANYTHING, you have my number call me.