PDA

View Full Version : VS2 help please.

CanadianPaintball
06-26-2007, 05:34 PM
Alrite. My gun will no longet recock. I took it to the guy at my local paint shop and he said that the bolt was getting caught on my detents. Problem is the screw under the eyes is stripped. I don't want to pay the guy to fix it so is this a problem I could fix on my own or what?

clickclicksplat
06-26-2007, 05:43 PM
If you have an allen wrench you're willing to sacrifice, a dab of superglue on the tip and then taking out the screw would get it off. You'd have to replace the screw and the wrench though.

sparx17
06-26-2007, 10:29 PM
My first quick response is "try the other side." I had a detent problem with my VS3 and I tried removing just one of the detents and it's worked fine for about 3 months now.

Second reponse would be "what kind of tools do you have access to?" If you have a drill or a Dremel might work also, find a Screw Extractor bit...you might have to look around to find one small enough. I know Craftsman has a 5 piece set that runs $12.99 so I would expect a single bit, if you can find it, probably goes for $2-$4. Of course you would want to replace the eye cover screws afterwards.

Griff
06-27-2007, 05:45 AM
try the supper glue first a scew extrator might be larger than the fatory eye cover hole.

STRIKEFIRST
06-27-2007, 08:49 AM
USE A TORX BIT FIRST.

I believe a T-7 torx bit is the right size. you may have to work into the eye cover making the wrench hole slightly larger...but it should work.

Here is a pic of the bit...http://www.toolbarn.com/product/irwin/3513091C/

I have done this...the proper sized allen wrench would just spin circles...get the torx bit in and while firmly pressing towards the screw...back it out...Piece of cake.

CanadianPaintball
06-27-2007, 02:49 PM
After a couple of hours of tring I got at one of the eyes. I took out one of the detents and the gun worked fine. Why do I need detents in the first place? Why couldn't I just take one out?

clickclicksplat
06-27-2007, 05:46 PM
After a couple of hours of tring I got at one of the eyes. I took out one of the detents and the gun worked fine. Why do I need detents in the first place? Why couldn't I just take one out?
Detents prevent double feeding, and without them, balls would just roll out of your barrel if you pointed it downward while running or something. As to why it has two, no idea.

spitfirocks
06-28-2007, 10:11 AM
mine works like a charm with 2.

sparx17
06-28-2007, 12:11 PM

You should be able to get by using only one of the detents. I have been using only one for about 3 months now and haven't had any problems, at least no problems related to the detents.

STRIKEFIRST
06-30-2007, 10:33 AM
Over tightening of the eye covers will cause the detents to not flex enough hanging up the bolt...hence the stripped eye cover screw.

Mongo
07-01-2007, 05:12 PM
I had the same issues with mine, I actually took some oil and lubed the detents and that seemed to work.