PDA

View Full Version : Filling the stock hole MR2?

CKvBP
06-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Ok, so the MR2 has a detachable stock, what do i do with the big gaping hole in the back that it leaves if I want to have a more compact stockless weapon? Judging from the visible internals I'm guessing that its not good to leave it open to get mud in it. Does anyone make a plug, or is there something someone else has found to put in there?

Nenkitsune
06-26-2007, 02:32 PM
don't worry about it. it won't hurt anything.

The Booth Man
06-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Ok, so the MR2 has a detachable stock, what do i do with the big gaping hole in the back that it leaves if I want to have a more compact stockless weapon? Judging from the visible internals I'm guessing that its not good to leave it open to get mud in it. Does anyone make a plug, or is there something someone else has found to put in there?

I usually put my finger in there when I shoot.

Seriously though,

Your MR2 will be fine if you leave the hole open. Think about this...most other markers have the cocking nob located on the side which means that dirt and water can get into the side of the marker if it wasn't handled with some TLC.

With the MR2, however, there is only one hole, and that hole is facing you.

CKvBP
06-26-2007, 05:36 PM
on a side note...anyone notice that virtualy none of the MR series replacement stocks use the MR's stock socket as there primary support location?

Maxx-Damage
06-26-2007, 06:27 PM
huh? explain. The only aftermarket stocks i see for the MR's plug right into the hole behind hte stock. For any other spyder they go onto eith the bottom of the trigger frame or the velocity adjuster.

QuiGonKen
06-26-2007, 08:19 PM
i use a test tube plug, if u get the right size, they fit perfectly :D

Voodoo27909
06-26-2007, 09:36 PM
I was under the impression that the old plastic barrel plugs would fit into that hole if you removed the stock. Can anyone confirm?

Maxx-Damage
06-27-2007, 07:05 AM
yes^ ive actually used the barrel plug that came with the mr2, dremeled it a little bit and it fits nice. But the yellow is kinda, eh.

ksee777
06-27-2007, 07:20 AM
yes^ ive actually used the barrel plug that came with the mr2, dremeled it a little bit and it fits nice. But the yellow is kinda, eh.

That's when a can of black spray paint comes in... That's what I did with mine.

CKvBP
06-27-2007, 06:08 PM
huh? explain. The only aftermarket stocks i see for the MR's plug right into the hole behind hte stock. For any other spyder they go onto eith the bottom of the trigger frame or the velocity adjuster.

all stocks I have seen get there primary support from the velocity adjuster location, and not from the stock hole. Some just cover up the stock hole with a plate as far as I can tell, or just leave it open. However I have not seen these items in person, so I am judging this from photos.

Can anyone who has a 3rd party stock confirm or deny this? and if so please point out what stock you have!

Nuwisha
06-28-2007, 04:18 AM
I milled down some aluminum, grooved it for o rings, tapped it for the screw that holds the stock in and mounted a sling ring .... theres pics and a thread somewhere in the older threads.....

The Hitman Car stock uses the velocity hole, and doesn't have the adjustability needed. We couldn't get the Mr2 or Mr1 to shoot below 300 with them.... that and they're too short and the mechanism for extending the stock is crap.