PDA

View Full Version : bounce? fix?

pilot_disaster
06-26-2007, 01:14 PM
I just bought a spyder pilot acs and have used it twice. Both times I had brand new C02. From looking on other forums I think I have a problem with called trigger bounce. Some of the fixes other people have said ive tried and I still have the double cycle when only pulling once. It has gotten so bad that I cant play without this happening. Ive adjusted my trigger away from the switch, close to the switch and still I get bounce. I turned down my velocity also. Im positive I cannot shoot 15-20bps so the gun shouldnt bounce. I tore it apart and lubed everything except the acs bolt (not supposed to), i checked the cup seal, I dont know what to do know. If I cant get any help I'll try and send it to kingman for the warrenty, but theres got to be a fix to this. Thanks in advance.

Pilot_Disaster
=)

Tito=PBL
06-26-2007, 03:06 PM
I had the same problem with my pilot when i got it. just make sure that when you pull your trigger back it is a sure pull, not a light tap. the way i solved it though was i got a T-board and just upped the debounce
I cant think what else you can do.

DRAGON
06-26-2007, 04:08 PM
Get a lighter trigger or you could lighten the stock trigger by drilling a bunch of holes in it. The cast stock triggers are heavy and promote bounce. Is there a spring in the trigger? -

vikingshadow
06-26-2007, 04:27 PM
Have you modified your microswitch? Sounds like it may be too light. If the thing that Dragon says doesn't work, I'd suggest a new switch - getting one that isn't as light.

pilot_disaster
06-26-2007, 05:44 PM
no mods, just new... I didnt think buying a new gun would result in having to buy a t board. why would they sell it if it bounces.. my older spyder doesnt bounce, whats with that?

big_daddy_d
06-26-2007, 06:01 PM
jut the nature of the beast. Not all markers are exempt, you have intimidators and shockers that bounce out of the box as well, just can be controlled better with better board programming...

spyderpilotacs05
06-26-2007, 07:39 PM
me, i had the same problem. After about a month of playing every weekend it stopped?
works for me

pilot_disaster
06-27-2007, 05:07 AM
Well, it does it everytime i want to play, so I still havent voided the warrenty so I think im gonna ship it to them, they'll prob send it back and say that nothings wrong but they could also maybe fix something=S

Tito=PBL
06-27-2007, 06:39 AM
another thing that cause my pilot to skip like that is that i had put a coin behind the selinoid. The mod is supposed to help the selinoid last longer, but with it their the selinoid would push the hammer down too longer causing the marker to go auto (skip). So try removing coin if you have put it there

fwgericke
06-27-2007, 07:45 AM
have you adjusted the screw thats actually on the trigger thats allow you to adjust the travel after the microswitch is activated. because if you have, try uncreweing it again and see what happens?

Good luck

pilot_disaster
06-27-2007, 12:35 PM
Ye I looked at the coin fix but noticed it made it lower, meaning less catch so i took it out. Ive adjusted my trigger closer from stock and it bounced more then where it was stock so i put it further away and still I bounce when i shoot. Im not a real fast shot, so the gun should be good up to 20bps eh? Thats what its listed as and im sure im only like 12-15bps. Im gonna call kingman tonight to see what they got to say. Any other tips or fixes are still welcome though.

vikingshadow
06-27-2007, 02:47 PM
I'm telling ya, it's the microswitch. You need to switch it out, or mod it to be stiffer.