PDA

View Full Version : looking down the road....

LostCause
06-25-2007, 04:18 PM
well, im getting a job this week, so im looking down the road to about august to october for a new gun.
choices
NXT Shocker
Eclipse Ego Etek
Proto M6
FEP Quest
Hybrid Traitor Fusion
I've Read Reviews on all of them, though i've only tried the Shocker out at my field, feel in love with it. Just want others oppion, since i have to travel a good way to go try the others out. So wanted to know what yall thought. Thank you.

vikingshadow
06-25-2007, 04:30 PM
If you like the feel of the shocker, then the shocker, quest and pm6 are probably your best bet. Another option is the PMR - shoots very similarly to the Shocker (my very upgraded shocker shoots much like my PMR) but is much cheaper and much lighter.

All you're really going to get is a lot of people giving different opinions...I know it's not what you want to here, but you'd be better off going the distance and trying those other guns.

LostCause
06-25-2007, 04:34 PM
alright,well once i get done working on the house stuff (dont have the time lol, hate landscapeing) ill go down and visit the place to try the, out. And thanks for the tip. ill keep that in mind!

LostCause
06-25-2007, 04:45 PM
if i got the PMR would it be worth it to get the UL frame right away or wait (rember this will be in a month or more.)

THough looking at te prices, i would just stick with the PM6's grips, and the shocker grips were fine(4 me atleast)

vikingshadow
06-25-2007, 05:08 PM
UL frame is a feel kind of thing. It doesn't improve performance, but to me they are comfy. They run about 200 bucks right now, but you do get the frame, the grips, the board and trigger, so if you were to replace that stuff individually it's cost evens out.

tater_salad
06-25-2007, 06:23 PM
Get the PM6.

HelpDeskHustler
06-26-2007, 07:26 AM
IMO if you don't mind the ugly gun... Shocker NXT is probably the best bang for the buck, besides a new board... it can pretty much handle it's own. other versions look alot cooler though.

LostCause
06-26-2007, 07:28 AM
well im just wondering what are the diffrences between the PM6 and the PMR, besides the price.

vikingshadow
06-26-2007, 12:01 PM
PMR doesn't have an LPR, relying on it's Boost Forward operating system to be easier on paint. It's got a bit more kick and is a bit louder, but not much, than the PM6 because of that. The PMR also comes with stock polymer parts, none of which are all that bad, but could be better. However, it's lighter because of those parts. PM6 comes with fades, and more colors. I'm sure there's more, but the most anyone else will come up with is that it "feels" better than the PMR. But, last I checked, feel was a matter of opinion.

What ever you do, don't go to PBNation and ask that question. If you do, I might recommend a new flame suit!

LostCause
06-26-2007, 06:00 PM
ok thanks, well im thinking of trying the PMR out at my local shop (they now have them, or have had them, and the PM6's to. I feel like i've been out of the loop there for a while lol.

And good thing i didnt, was going to, but decided to wait till a response here. THanks!

spyderpilotacs05
06-26-2007, 06:37 PM
where are you going to work?

LostCause
06-26-2007, 06:41 PM
either at a local hardware store or at Kohls (may sound dumb, but hey, it is not that gruling of work, heck of a lot better then landscapeing lol)

spyderpilotacs05
06-26-2007, 06:47 PM
ya i did landscapeing and mowing lawns. it was ok just wasnt steady. So i got a job at Price Chopper cuz my bro workes there so it made it easy for me. (laugh all you want as i walk to the bank. but now that i work there all my friends want to because i have money:( :) )

You might want to invest in putting away 1/2 in the bank for car/collage, ect.
Trust me it helps.

even though i voted for the quest( because if i had 700.00 dollars i would buy shocker would be my neone in a heartbeat) the next choice

LostCause
06-28-2007, 07:14 PM
well i've deicded to save for a PMR (Blue) and a Diamond BLue Empire B...so im starting to save...lol....