PDA

View Full Version : Cupseal and O-ring questions

pugster
06-25-2007, 02:13 PM
First of all, i'd like to thank all the guys and gals at this forum for lots of help over my week ive been here. I just have one other question.
What, in heavens name is a cupseal?
also, will a bolt oring fit a striker oring gap, will a striker oring fit a tank oring gap and etc for all other bolt barel tank and striker O-ring combos.
Thanks alot
Pugster

Edit: are there any other O-rings that aren't on the barrel tank striker or bolt?

Critical
06-25-2007, 02:26 PM
The cup seal is the little white (or sometimes black) thing at the forward end of the valve pin. As for the o-rings, generally, there is only one size o-ring on a Spyder, the only difference is the material used for whether the part moves or not, so, yes, all those orings will work in other places. Here's where you, generally, find orings:
1 on Barrel, made of Nitrile/Buna-N
2 on Bolt, made of polyurethane
2 on valve, made of Nitrile/Buna-N
2 on vertical adapter, made of Nitrile/Buna-N
1 on tank, made of polyurethane
1 or 2 on foregrip/regulator made of polyurethane

pugster
06-25-2007, 03:15 PM
wow, thanks.now if you could just tell me where the valve, vertical adapter are and how to get into them and how to get into the reg to see the Oring.

pb34
06-25-2007, 03:22 PM
wow, thanks.now if you could just tell me where the valve, vertical adapter are and how to get into them and how to get into the reg to see the Oring.

The vertical adapter is the piece that the reg/expansion chamber screws into. You can remove that by a little screw that goes into the body. To get to the valve, you have to take off the trigger frame, remove the bolt and striker, and take off the vertical adapter. Once you take off the trigger frame, you will see a little brass screw that's screwed into the body. You'll need to remove that screw then push the valve out of the front of the body using something like a long wooden dowel.

Edit: Read this (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/assemble.html) it will help you understand how to dissasemble your gun. Also, read the rest of his website, it is very helpful in learning how to care for your Spyder.

pugster
06-25-2007, 03:45 PM
thanks again, i just did all that and both my questions are answered. Thanks abunch.

pb34
06-25-2007, 04:22 PM
No problem.