PDA

View Full Version : Cocking pin/knob really stuck! Help?

Pfonix Monkey
06-25-2007, 07:51 AM
So I go to take apart my pilot after palying on Sat and my cocking pin will not budge. It will turn in the hole but I cannot get it to come out at all. :mad: I've tried plyers and a little gun oil but that sucker will not budge. :(
Anyone else have this problem? Ideas?

Kenny_McCormic
06-25-2007, 07:54 AM
theres a screw in the back of the bolt loosen it a quarter turn at a time until it comes out dont compltly remove it or you could lose the little spring and ball inside

Pfonix Monkey
06-26-2007, 10:28 AM
I tried that and all I achieved was almost stripping that screw. I'm afraid that if I try more I'll strip it all the way. Hmmm maybe a mini impact gun.........

Pfonix Monkey
06-26-2007, 10:28 AM
I tried that and all I achieved was almost stripping that screw. I'm afraid that if I try more I'll strip it all the way. Hmmm maybe a mini impact gun.........

newkid
06-26-2007, 11:00 AM
woah double post, maybe try a little WD-40 and pliers

Tito=PBL
06-26-2007, 02:09 PM
yea try lock tight or WD-40. try letting the lock tight sit in their for like four hours then get to work with the plyers
hope it works for ya
Tito

Kenny_McCormic
06-26-2007, 02:25 PM
yea try lock tight . try letting the lock tight sit in their for like four hours then get to work with the plyers
hope it works for ya
Tito
thats pretty much the worst plan ever made. how will loctite help remove it? loc tite makes things stay put and the only wat to un loctite something is to warm it up. wd40 will and i reapeat WILL eat your orings, ruin the striker buffer and swell you bolt making the problem worse. the wd-40 may also ruin the anno