PDA

View Full Version : Virtue Board

VS2 King
06-25-2007, 06:44 AM
I A Planning On Getting A Virtue Board For My VS2. And I was reading there stuff on there website and it was talking about dwell and debounce and stuff like that and i was very confused and didn't know what that meant. and then it said about there firing modes and then they said some psp ramping and regular and then i got even more confused.

so can someone explain to me what everything means and what it does and all. Thanks In Advance

clickclicksplat
06-25-2007, 08:30 AM
Dwell - The amount of time the bolt spends in the forward position every time you pull the trigger

Debounce - "An electronic circuit, such as a capacitor, or software designed to filter out signal noise from the trigger switch of an electronic paintgun to prevent trigger bounce. Many of the more advanced chips include software with adjustable debounce values. These allow the user to adjust the minimum time a signal lasts before the software will consider it as a trigger pull rather than signal noise." Prevents you from firing multiple shots per pull due to trigger bounce.

Ramping - "Ramping refers to an electronically controlled paintgun increasing something while it is firing. Ramping of velocity increases velocity during rapid fire and is prohibited in all tournament formats and paintball fields. Ramping of rate of fire begins adding shots while the trigger is pulled more rapidly, and is widely prohibited at paintball fields. Rate of Fire ramping is allowed in some tournament formats." PSP Ramping is a limited version of ramping allowed in PSP tournaments.

For future reference, the WARPIG Dictionary (http://www.warpig.com/paintball/newbie/dictionary/index.shtml) is your friend.

VS2 King
06-25-2007, 09:23 AM
Thanks So Much I Will Defenintley Read The Dictionary.

woodballvs3
06-26-2007, 06:28 AM
Correct me if im wrong but i thought, why would they add dwell in a board that was meant for a blowback? Isnt it impossible to change the dwell on a Spyder?

Drefish99
06-26-2007, 06:58 AM
Dwell on a Spyder would be how much power would be sent to the noid in the frame to lower the sear to release the striker. In other words on a Spyder there is no need to control dwell.

DRAGON
06-26-2007, 01:22 PM
On the Virtue board, the dwell is denoted as coil time. On the T-board Damon calls it dwell. As Dre denoted, it is the duration the coil set/noid takes to release the striker between shot pulls. It is a dwell of a different sort than we normally consider as the term dwell in paintball -

Technically on a Spyder, the dwell duration timing is controlled by the spring combination not anything electronic. On EP markers there is an electro-pneumatic noid that controls specific amounts of pressure to the ram and hammer. This is a true dwell duration timing function because it actually controls how long a duration the valve stays open -