PDA

View Full Version : my mr2

sniperfuiko
06-24-2007, 07:17 PM
i got my mr2 last month and i like the way it looks..........i have played a few games but for the most part i'm only able to use it on semiauto........on burst will shoot and missfire and on auto will chop balls and i have to recock it every 5 to 7 balls. does anybody have any mod's to solve the problems.
i like this gun and i would like to make function proper.

wylde01
06-24-2007, 08:33 PM
well alot of people here recommend getting the bolt from alamo city paintball. you should also be using a forcefed hopper. give some more details on how your running your mr2 and we might be able to give some better advice.

sniperfuiko
06-25-2007, 04:13 AM
I Do Have The Fasta Force Feed Hopper And A 16 Jj Barrel........yeah I Heard About The Alamo's... They Have 2......one That Is Similar To Standad And The Otherone They Call It The Low Blow, Which One Would You Recomend.

pb34
06-25-2007, 11:23 AM
I Do Have The Fasta Force Feed Hopper And A 16 Jj Barrel........yeah I Heard About The Alamo's... They Have 2......one That Is Similar To Standad And The Otherone They Call It The Low Blow, Which One Would You Recomend.

The Fasta is not a true force feed because it does not keep constant pressure on the ball stack. True force feeds are Halos, Reloaders Bs, Vlocity and Vlocity Jr, the new Eyeforce is a force feed I think, and the Pulse. There might be a couple more but I can't remember them right now.

As for the bolt, I would go with a 2 or 3 o-ring regular one. I have had nothing but good luck with their regular bolt. The low blow is the newer one, I have had no experience with it but I heard it took some tuning to get it right.

MR2 Woodsballer
06-25-2007, 11:42 AM
go with the 2 o-ring the 3 chops denents

Greybeard
06-25-2007, 05:31 PM
The FIRST thing I would do is get rid of the stock detent or ball stopper, and install a Timmy ball detent. The stock ball stop is too soft IMO. I use a FASTA & have no problems at all. I think this the cause of alot of chopping issues with the MR-2. The Timmy stops/detents are much stiffer. This is a quick cheap upgrade/fix that "should" help you & everyone else with the
MR-2.

Greybeard

sniperfuiko
06-26-2007, 08:11 PM
Yeap. I Replaced The Ball Detent And Seems To Be Working A Lot Better....recocking Not As Often....i Ordered The Alamo Bolt As Soon As I Install It Will Post Results. Thank You For The Info.

badmagic
06-28-2007, 07:01 AM
I changed out the detents and have a Halo B hopper, my MR2 is working fine with the stock bolt. Why would a new bolt fix recocking issues? Do you run a remote? What type of gas?

Greybeard
06-28-2007, 04:45 PM
I agree with badmagic; you really don't have to change the bolt. Make sure the gun is clean & oiled and with the stiffer detent you should be good to go.
My son can really walk a trigger fast and when he shoots my MR2 he has to recock it every now & then, but thats the ACS doing its job.

wylde01
06-28-2007, 06:33 PM
i was only talking to the ones who have bad chops all the time and cant get the acs bolt to work when i said to replace the bolt.

Voodoo27909
06-28-2007, 10:58 PM
I disabled the ACS on my stock bolt, and have not had any more issues bolt related.