PDA

View Full Version : Replacing a TL+ Body

Elfmaze
06-24-2007, 06:17 PM
I have finally done my spyder body in i think. Custom cutting and expermentation have gotten to my tl+. What should i use to replace the rear exit bolt body? i have a male palmer stabalizer; a modified bob long rear cocking bolt; esp frame w/ eyes(but drilling for eyes was one of the parts that killed my body in the first place).

I was looking at some refurbed TL's But i saw they have vertical feeds now? Or i think the rodeo was simmilar correct?

thanks guys

pb34
06-24-2007, 06:33 PM
All of the newer spyders have verticle feeds now. If your looking for an older body with the tilted feed and the old style detent I actually have one that you could have for a couple of bucks. Otherwise you can look at all of the newer rear cocking spyder bodies. I'm not exactly sure which ones are rear cocking but I know the Rodeo is and the Electra can be.

Oscum Guy
06-24-2007, 07:51 PM
all spyder bodys are interchangeable, except the fatty ones.

Elfmaze
06-24-2007, 08:10 PM
Also using a q loader would a vertical feed help out? I was having problems getting balls around the powerfeed as well as two balls stacking in the chamber because the tl's bolt pulled back too far.

Nenkitsune
06-24-2007, 08:28 PM
nope, it won't help. what you could do though, is find a peice of rubber hose the same diameter as the buffer, and cut it a bit thicker than the stock buffer. make sure that it's short enough to let the gun recock without problem, but thick enough so the bolt can't move backwards too far. that'll solve the double feed problem. i bet you have chopping issues as well don't you? anyways just make sure you use the elbow the qloader came with and make sure it's length is correct and it'll be fine. Just make sure you cut the new buffer to the right thickness and your double feed problem will go away. Both my guns (e-99 and em1) had the same problem you're having, and it would get nasty drop off and massive chopping no matter how slow/fast i shot

Elfmaze
06-25-2007, 10:48 AM
Buffer huh? i'll have to take a look into that. My current tl+ i modified the hammer where the sear catches it to have it sit closer, BUT i may have still been having a problem because when the marker cycles back, it still cycled back too far. Interesting, i was thinking too much of the static action not the dynamic.