PDA

View Full Version : which mask

newkid
06-24-2007, 07:07 AM
I've narrowed it down to JT Axiom thermal goggles or V-force Pro-vantage thermal goggles

Oscum Guy
06-24-2007, 07:21 AM
because i dont like jt, v-force is ok. you should go to a pb store and try all of em on and see which one fits your face the best. for me it is dye/proto masks.

rzimmer17
06-24-2007, 12:03 PM
we've got 5 v-force masks and we petty much have been very satified

08Lud08
06-24-2007, 04:59 PM
I chose v-force vantage because I think that JT makes the most uncomfortable masks. My v-force profilers are really comfortable so I would Imagine that the v-force vantage would be ok. If you can save up I would suggest getting a better mask though.

newkid
06-25-2007, 07:41 AM
the reason i was thinkin about the axiom was because i get 2 free lenses with it at actionvillage

applesauce
06-25-2007, 08:15 AM
i voted for the v-force. mainly because i think the jt mask looks ridiculous! I have an Nvader thermal from JT and its pretty nice, not very low profile or anything, but good for rec ball and OK for speedball. I think a proto will be my next mask.

Oscum Guy
06-25-2007, 08:31 AM
try out the proto switch, it is cheap, comfotable, easy to clean, and never fogs.

Paintball_Freak
06-25-2007, 08:58 AM
Never Cut Corners with Masks, cause you will keep them. (Nobody wants to buy a second hand mask), and youll only get another one when you need it ( if you get better, or it breaks)

1 Must be Comfortable
2 Get a good thermal lense
3 While wearing it, check if you have good vision and peripheral view
4 My opinion, get a mask from a reputable make eg Proto, Dye etc
5 Then its all personal preference

I was on a real tight budget, and as everything is so expensive here in South Africa, i still got something good, Vents Helix Thermal (well for south african standards its good. I got it for $50 and DYE i3's are $90)

I say get a Dye i3

The JT Axiom is $100 from what ive seen so with that price get the Dye

newkid
06-25-2007, 12:18 PM
at action viliage they are $30 http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/BrowseCatalog-Start;sid=Eb8oGqnsdFIpB-9sBTjosqMlmauA0ihdEmo=?CategoryName=paintball-goggles-and-accessories-goggles-jt-usa-goggles-axiom-goggles

Paintball_Freak
06-25-2007, 12:56 PM
My bad i saw on PBreview that its $100

Then rather get something else.

As i said dont cut corners with masks. rather get something good than average. The Vents helix Thermal is not bad but as i said for south african standards (price wise) its good.

Rather get something better

Maxx-Damage
06-25-2007, 02:31 PM
My friend has that JT mask in clear. He likes it, doesnt fog on him or anything he can really complain about.

samus129
06-26-2007, 08:38 AM
the vents helix is what i have and i works great. it has a good view, comfortable and cheep only 50 CNA where i got mine.

Ace24
06-26-2007, 09:51 AM
because i dont like jt, v-force is ok. you should go to a pb store and try all of em on and see which one fits your face the best. for me it is dye/proto masks.
Try both on, see which is more comfortable and ask if you can walk around a while in both to test the fog lense.

Personally, I would get a Profiler or Proflex used on PBN or here for around $30. I prefer my soft eared Profiler over any mask out there due to the comfort, looks, and weight. (It's very light)

Try a bunch of masks on and don't worry about money. Just try them on and then if you ever need to, or want to upgrade... or if you find some used that you want, you can do so freely. You'll have the knowlege as to which is most comfortable for you.

Just my two cents.

newkid
06-27-2007, 06:21 PM
for any one that has used vent helixes, do they fog up? and do the pro vanteges?

Oscum Guy
06-27-2007, 07:09 PM
helix fogs.

samus129
06-27-2007, 07:55 PM
i have never had mine fog here is a link with more reviews for the helix
http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/4079/
here a link for vantage could find pro vantage but i think they almost the exact same.
http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/3293/

bigred76
06-27-2007, 11:30 PM
I <3 my VForce Vantages. I modded them some to suit me more (cut the top forehead protector thingy off and plopped on Soft Ears), and they are one helluva mask. I have some issues with fogging, but not many times. Normally it's because I've been wearing my mask for about 4hrs and just forgot to take them off.... They're just that comfortable. :)

BUT, as Ace said, it'd be best to see what suits YOU, not what suits me. I have an odd preference and yours might be different. The only way to find out what truly works for you is to try on and try out different things.

This forum requires that you wait 45 seconds between posts. Please try again in 41 seconds. :dodgy: