View Full Version : Labeled pics of parts I need help with

01-30-2006, 07:37 PM
http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/71/spyderimagineg2ef.th.jpg (http://img363.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spyderimagineg2ef.jpg)
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/9637/spyderimagineb8nk.th.jpg (http://img95.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spyderimagineb8nk.jpg)
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/7167/spyderimagines9kj.th.jpg (http://img95.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spyderimagines9kj.jpg)
I need to know what those labeled parts are called and what they do and how they do it thanks, oh and do I have to upgrade my regulator to install a drop forward?, if not show me how to install it without an upgraded regulator.

01-30-2006, 07:46 PM
First one is a gas thru grip, just there for the air to go through, and gives you a handle to hold.

Second one is the ball detent, keeps you from double feeding balls

Third one is a volumizer or low pressure chamber, just gives the air somewhere else to go before going into the marker, if I remember right more beneficial for CO2 giving it time to convert from liquid to gas before hitting the internals.

I don't see a regulator in those pics, what you have is an ASA air source adapter, you could install a drop and then mount that to it but may need to change the length of your SS hose. Hope this all helps any more questions just ask!

01-30-2006, 07:47 PM
1. Is a gasthrough grip. I recommend changing it to a regulator. It will help you with your accuracy. Torpedo, Palmers, Or CP would be a better buy.

2. Is a Detent - You can usually get these used here in the BST forum or order from an online vendor or call up Kingman directly.

3. This is a volumizer. Just choose one that you like. They all do the same thing on Spyders. None are better than the other.

01-30-2006, 08:22 PM
Ok so, 3 is something that does not need to be upgraded like quick. So what is better than the stock detent and what does a regulator do and where can I get one? Thanks for the help...you guys are great...:)

01-30-2006, 09:17 PM
better than the stock detent? Probly Killa Detents, can find them on action village. As far as a decent reg look in the BST forums here, there's a couple for sale.

01-31-2006, 02:39 AM
hah yep, but a dentent really isn't something that really needs to be upgraded quick ... it really depends if you have that forcefeed hopper as in a HALO which makes the balls doublefeed ... usually you don't come across that problem though

The low pressure chamber ... is crap ... it's better being there ... but it's not worth buying a new one .. i'd rather just get a new VA like a assault block, or a trinity. Then you really don't need a LPC

And the gasthrough grip ... also is pretty much crap :p ... IMO all stock parts are pretty crappy ... only the aftermarket products really value the marker :) ... i'd recommend getting a red.. whether it's the boblong torpedo, palmers stable, custom products, or some other reg ... remember your gonna need a high pressure reg though, since you really havn't done any modding ... and if you do get HPA it can support the reg :) ..

02-04-2006, 08:44 PM
If you add on a drop, you'll have to get a reg or a Metric to 1/8th converting piece.