PDA

View Full Version : chopping problems

Lyingcomic
06-22-2007, 11:51 AM
im using a spyder Xtra 06 with a CAMD 2.0 frame from the pilot, and some other upgrades to. i got 2 problems right now: 1) chopping real bad, 2) firing more than once.

yes, my gun's bolt is chopping the paintballs. about 1 outta 10 shots would be a chop :mad: . every time it chops, i have to recock my gun. im using an evolution 3 hopper, so I know im not out shooting the hopper. sometimes the chop would be so bad that i wouldnt be able to recock my gun, then i gotta use a stick to smash the bolt free. when i fired my first shot, it chopped...i have no clue how or why it did this....

my second problem deals with my E-frame, its a stock pilot CAMD 2.0 frame. whenever i fire it would act like its semi and fire 2-3 shots, and thus resulting in a chop...sometimes.

i have seen some threads about the E-Frame problem but non of them helped me out. as for the chopping i am stumped. everything seems fine with the gun, from the o-rings to the co2 tank. my guess would be that i need a new bolt. but im not sure, so thats why i came here for some pro'er help :p .

clickclicksplat
06-22-2007, 12:12 PM
Is your bolt in upside down by any chance?

06-22-2007, 12:25 PM
blow back
and did you put the striker from the pilot in you extra?
if not thats ur problem

Lyingcomic
06-22-2007, 01:01 PM
no my bolt isnt upside down....or is it? jk

i dont think its the blow back, i the paintballs themselves are literally being chopped...which is causing me to recock and sometimes jamming. you know, i think i may try the pilot stiker. but i dont see how it'll work

Lyingcomic
06-22-2007, 01:07 PM
oh ye congratz btw, just saw ure thread 118917

vikingshadow
06-22-2007, 01:11 PM
What loader are you using? If your loader is too slow, you'll get chopping problems. OR, if your loader isn't a force feed loader (ie, Halo and it's many incarnations, Reloader B or BII, Velocity, etc. - or even an Eggy II or III with the Z board) you'll get blowback and chopping issues.

What it is, is with the CAMD frame, you're pulling the trigger faster than the paint can get into the breech. OR there is blowback, which pushes the balls up (in a non-force fed loader) the feedneck then they fall back but not fast enough.

Edit - whups! Just reread your post - saw you're using an Eggy III. Do you have the fresh batteries in it, and is it possible to turn the velocity up on the Eggy III? I know you can't on the Eggy II.

As far as the double shooting, sounds like your trigger is set too close to your microswitch. Back it off some, give it a bit more back slack, and see if that helps. Sounds like a bounce problem to me.

Lyingcomic
06-22-2007, 01:30 PM
the evo 3 does have speed adjustment, but dosen't seem to do anything. ive tried it out and when i turn it down (or up), i cant tell if it even changed. i did not notice any pop corning

yes i have move the trigger away from the switch but still had the same problem.

i stumped:confused: :confused: :confused:

hey vike, do u know anything about switching up the striker like mentioned earlier? do u think thats the problem?

xSoulsx
06-22-2007, 02:45 PM
Chopping- Are you using high quality paint?

vikingshadow
06-22-2007, 04:20 PM
Switching up the striker? You mean switching to a different one?

Lyingcomic
06-22-2007, 05:11 PM
Yeah i meant switching to a different striker.

I was using pretty crappy quality paint. It was old and dimpled, but it was being chopped not breaking because it's brittle or weak.

MadMan66
06-23-2007, 10:40 AM
buying a ACS bolt would help stop chopping, but if your paint isn't all the way in you'll probably get a lot of uncocking...but it's better than chopping every 10 shots.

Lyingcomic
06-23-2007, 12:16 PM
i dont want to buy an ACS bolt unless its really necessary. i think its either the paint or the bolt that is causing most of my chops.

i forgot to mention, i sanded my bolt down a little bit. im not sure if this will affect the chopping.

rzimmer17
06-24-2007, 11:08 AM
where did you sand your bolt, are you sure you didn't create the problem there do you have a spare bolt that fits. do you have any air leaks when you gas up?

Oscum Guy
06-24-2007, 04:07 PM
font down, fool.

Lyingcomic
06-26-2007, 07:58 PM
i sanded the parts down that was on otters website.

wuts the difference between a pilot's striker and an xtra striker?

bigred76
06-26-2007, 08:09 PM
Basically one's an ESP striker made for ESP's and one's a regular striker. I forget exactly why, but the ESP striker is designed for the ESP frames, and the regular ones will work, but have some issues. Some people have used regular strikers and haven't had issues as well.

Oscum... please be a bit nicer... Note who you are talking to and take it into account when you post. :)

Nenkitsune
06-26-2007, 09:13 PM
do you have the buffer in your gun? i had really bad chopping problems with my e-99 until i realized i didn't have the buffer in it XP (mostly due to it getitng lost. i made one out of duct tape)

paintballkid0206
06-27-2007, 06:44 AM
maybe higher quality paint would help. you might have to get something with a thicker shell. whatever you do, do NOT get Brass Eagle Monster Balls. i bunkered someone, shot them 3 times, and they all bounced :(