View Full Version : oh god its bin a while
06-21-2007, 05:58 PM
so on my custom parts reg theres a little screw on the side that seems to control how much air is going into the reg its self. so seeing how i put the gun away for a year i forget what this little guy does.. its all the way out rite now ..could this be effecting my shots from my tank?? its a crossfire stubby i should be geting about 1000 shots out of it and im realy only geting about 400. So could the reg be doing this???:confused:
06-23-2007, 05:34 AM
any one? i realy need help on this one
06-23-2007, 07:45 AM
it wont really have much effect, less sweet spotting, but that wont effect your efficiency that much. the little screw on the side of the regulator will control how much pressure is being put into your gun= velocity. turning the screw into the reg will decrease the output pressure of the reg, and screwing it out will increase the pressure.
try sweet spotting your reg, for best efficiency. here's a how-to copied from another forum. [the IVG will be your velocity adjuster on the back of the marker]
Here is the proceedure.
1) Back out your reg until the marker is shooting slowly.
2) Back out your IVG until there it is only screwed in two threads.
3) Get perhaps 50 paintballs that are consistant. Use calipers if you need to.
4) Match this paint to your barrel to get a good match.
5) Start turning up the reg and chronoing the marker.
6) The FPS will go up for a while until you either reach 300 FPS or the FPS plateaus and starts to go down. Set the reg at either 300 fps or at the highest point it reaches.
7) Use the IVG to set the FPS the rest of the way if your reg had not reached 300 fps.
This is the most efficient setting for your marker.
06-23-2007, 05:02 PM
thanks i played today and tried this and it worked very well .thank you:)