PDA

View Full Version : Putting on Pure Energy C02 tank

heen
06-21-2007, 03:49 PM
Hey

I think this is a REALLY dumb question but i have a question on putting on the c02 tank. I know how to put the c02 tank on (thank god :D) but my friend said there is a specific way to put on this Pure Energy 20oz c02 tank for my spyder rodeo. When i bought it from him, he painted a white dot on the tank so when i screw on the tank it's supposed to point upwards when its tight.

However it doesn't point upwards for me and im just wondering if its actually necessary, i dont really see a need for it. cant i just screw it on as tight as it needs to or is there something else to it -_-

thanks

vwjimmy
06-21-2007, 04:12 PM
Sounds like your new tank is 'anti syphoned'
The reason the dot needs to be up is because there is a tube inside the tank that needs to be at the top (where the tank is marked). Indeed, you need to use the tank IN THAT POSITION ONLY!!!! At other angles, you are all but guarenteed to be sucking liquid into the marker, and that is not good. As long as it seals and supplies gas to the marker with the dot up, you can use it...but it could come loose and leak and that would bite! Sometimes you can put an o ring at the base of the threads on the tank and get it to tighten up in the right spot....but if you can't, you need to take the tank to a professional to have the anti syphon tube realigned to work on your marker.
(It is do-able at home..but you really need to know your stuff as you can get really hurt if you don't)

applesauce
06-21-2007, 04:41 PM
every marker threads different....it only takes a mm of extra threading to miss align something like that

heen
06-23-2007, 10:21 AM
k so im a little confused, i brought it in to a store specialized in paintball.

When i asked if they could re-align it they said it didn't matter if white dot was ontop and they said nothing needed to be done.

but my friend says white dot must be ontop

O_o

timbertiger20
06-23-2007, 10:50 AM
It could be a marking to ensure the valve isn't coming loose from the tank. Hard to say without seeing it. Best bet is to ask the paintball store you purchased it from. If it is an anti siphon it will shoot snow if not line up properly and if the marker is electro pneumatic it could destroy the noid!

shark
06-23-2007, 11:36 AM
yeah, just like vwjimmy said it is probably anti-siphoned, so you need to make sure that it is facing up or the gun will just be sucking up liquid co2 and that is very bad for it. ask your friend that you bought it from if he knows if it is anti-siphoned or not.