PDA

View Full Version : What to do next?

dacuban1
06-21-2007, 02:31 PM
hey everyone new to the forum. ive been reading allot and have found you guys to be very helpful. picked up my gun about a week ago. need suggestions on what type of barrel to get. i had the j j ceramic and the sp linear in mind. which one of these should i get. also what loader do you recomend. dont want to spend halo money, but something really good for a good price. thanx in advance.:D

vikingshadow
06-21-2007, 03:01 PM
Welcome to the forums! Yeah, these guys can be helpful at times, snicker! Really, best group of guys on the net and best forum, IMO...Hang around, post some, ask questions. We're here to help!

Best barrel - matter of preference, but lots of people here are going to say the J&J is good. Don't know much about the linear, but the SP All American is good. Another one is the Dye Ultralite, Proto 2 piece, and then there are all the barrel kits available.

Ok, a good loader under the cost of a Halo would be the viewloader evulution, or Eggy (either II or III.) Go with the Z board in the II model...Also, you can get a Reloader II that would be decent.

Again, welcome and have fun!

ttam13xlpb
06-21-2007, 07:17 PM
yeah like he said^^go for the eggy.and from your choices the j&j but i loved my cp barrel on my pilot.

dacuban1
06-23-2007, 06:09 AM
thanx, im going with the j j. still dont know about the loader. i know the eggy is fast but for some reason the egg shape doesnt catch my eye.

Paintball_Freak
06-23-2007, 08:45 AM
Ive Heard that the Egg is really unreliable!!!

ather get a Velocity jr, $30 less that the Halo

MVS1
06-23-2007, 07:10 PM
eggs are very reliable, vl jr. is a good loader for $90-100 but however you might be able to find something used for considerably less, like...oh maybe a zegg in the sales corner:rolleyes: , shameless I know but what the heck.;)

Paintball_Freak
06-24-2007, 09:41 AM
eggs are very reliable

I heard that the battery door breaks easy, the lid also snaps etc, plus the design makes your marker more back-heavy

06-24-2007, 09:58 AM
theres mods to remedy that
I would say get the jnj since they are all around great barrels
I have a linear and it shoots as very nicely the only thing the jnj has over it is that it cleans itself a lot better
but the linear comes in different colors

LostCause
06-24-2007, 10:36 AM
go to actionvillage.com you can fet a Halo B for $93.97 or a Halo B w/rip drive for $98.97

Just in case you were wondering...once im working im getting the halo B w/ rip

vikingshadow
06-24-2007, 12:06 PM
I heard that the battery door breaks easy, the lid also snaps etc, plus the design makes your marker more back-heavy

Never had a battery door break, and the only lid that broke on mine was a year after I bought it - and that was with heavy use. I didn't feel any back heaviness at all. In fact, it was quite comfy and I liked the shape of it - set it apart from everyone else.

A lot of people have "heard" that it's unreliable and those people just spread that rumor around. Sure there are those that HAVE had trouble with the egg, but I also know people who've had trouble with reloaders and halos. Doesn't mean they're bad, just means they had some issues. The egg is reliable.

See my previous post on recommended barrels, so this doesn't get too far off topic!

MVS1
06-29-2007, 08:07 PM
Never had any breakage problems with my egg either, it's actually seen much rougher use then my pulse, that has gone through 2 feednecks now, and the only operational problem I ever had with it was it would not detect paint in the raceway and spin the impeller even though paint was present, ended up being that I had cut the raceway too short and the balls where not lined up in front of the eyes properly and the stock battery board, which was easily resolved. One of those was my fault and easily fixed with a new raceway for $10, the other was fixed with a very simple yet effective mod to the power/battery harness.
**EDIT** and btw save some money down the road and get a 2 piece barrel now. There ya go my .02

Raiderz628
07-07-2007, 11:08 PM
I have a JJ ceramics and it is sweet get a feedneck to lower the hopper and some stronger springs
I have a fasta and it is great