PDA

View Full Version : Which loader for MR2?

IronMonkey
06-21-2007, 06:19 AM
I have a new (to me) MR2 and my current paintball loaders are only rated for 10-12 and 12-14 pbs. I have read that there needs to be a force fed not agitated loader. Which loader is going to work? Correction which loader that will not break my bank account will work? Thanks for any help.

Also looking for a tall or side mount weaver to weaver mount for my red dot. My current red dot is a standard weaver mount not 3/8. I love the tippman one but the bottom end is 3/8 not a standard weaver. Used is ok but I just need a point in the right direction. Daniel

nick_t33
06-21-2007, 06:38 AM
i have a Evo II w/ the Z-board(which is what they call the Evo III now) and it works great, 23bps, and they run about $60

badmagic
06-21-2007, 07:04 AM
I have a Halo B hopper (22-23 bps out of the box) that works flawlessly with the MR2. Not as cheap as the Evo hopper but faster than a non upgraded Evo. Halo B's are running for about $70 + on Ebay. Don't forget to get new ball detents, the stock Spyder ball detents don't work well with force feed hoppers. Buy Intimidator ball detents, also off Ebay, $3 or so.

jimmythefoot
06-21-2007, 03:48 PM
i like my reloader B
it is pricy but it's fast enough to out feed the gun so chops are almost nil.

Firekillernmp
06-21-2007, 08:47 PM
what Intimidator ball detents to use, hard, soft, what material???

D-rail
06-26-2007, 07:39 AM
...So to get this straight, I should try some Intimidator Detents & get a Halo B or Reloader B ...Right? I hope this will kill my ball chopping issues I have been having! I am using some Marbalizer (black n' green) Paintballs so I don't think this is the reason for the chopping... :confused:

Voodoo27909
06-26-2007, 08:01 AM
Yes, that is correct. Stay with either of those two hoppers you mentioned. I have used the eggIII, and while it is a nice hopper...it is not a true force fed hopper, and you WILL encounter breaks (chops) periodically when shooting fast. The halo/empire type hoppers eliminated ALL of these types of breaks (chops) for me, and it is what the Kingman techs recommend for the MR2.

D-rail
06-26-2007, 10:11 AM
Schaweeeeet! Thanks bro'! :D

badmagic
06-26-2007, 10:39 AM
When you purchase Intimidator ball detents you get 3 sets. Soft, medium, hard. I used the hard ones, I believe the black ones and haven't chopped since I've owned my gun.

wylde01
06-30-2007, 06:29 PM
if you go with the reloader b you'll have a hopper that you cant outshoot and one that you can use on any marker in the future. that was my intentions when i bought mine.